How to quickly and tasty cook an omelet in the microwave
It would seem that something new can be found out about the dish served for family breakfast, in kindergartens, cafes and even in expensive restaurants awarded with Michelin stars. But did anyone think about the origin of the name, the history of its appearance and the modern methods of its preparation?
The story of the occurrence of an omelet is to begin with Ancient Rome, where residents prepared an egg mixture with the addition of honey and milk. But it is too early to say that the inventors of the dish are Italians.
Despite the French origin of the name, Ancient Russia was also related to it. In those days, a dish appeared on the territory of Russia — Drachena. Cooked it from eggs, and before serving sprinkled with caviar. Nothing like?
You also need to pay attention to the American version of the dish, which brought with them European immigrants. In addition to eggs, they added onion, potatoes, pepper and ham to the mixture. By the way, today there are many recipes with these ingredients, but in those years such an omelet was considered food for the poor.
In the question of the authorship of the dish, the Germans especially distinguished themselves, asserting that for the first time the dish was cooked by their king. Ostensibly having gone on a hunt, he got lost and wandered into a house where, apart from eggs, there was nothing and he had to fry them. The Germans are still looking that if not His Majesty the world could not learn about this dish.
But the Japanese are considered to be the inventors of the omelet usual for our eyes. In addition to milk and eggs in the recipe, rice and chicken are also present.
As you can see, there are as many options for making an omelet as many of the countries of its owners. And if for so much time scientists and cooks did not come to a common opinion, then to assert that one day there will be an inventor of an omelet is extremely stupid.
For some, the microwave oven is a convenient kitchen appliance, for others it is an insufficiently studied tool that facilitates work, for the third it is a dangerous thing that harms food.
In addition, all the controversy and talk about the negative impact of the microwave oven, there was no accident. Let’s try to figure out what is really terrible can happen with an omelet in the microwave.
Every dispute has a reason, in our topic the tube inside is considered to be the culprit — the magnetron. The waves emitted by this component are able to penetrate food, thereby causing a high amplitude oscillation of water molecules. Thus, the food is heated.
Fortunately, all foods do not have the property of accumulating electromagnetic waves, so any food cooked in a microwave is considered safe. In addition, the finished dish in the microwave oven retains all the minerals and is subject to less destruction of protein structures.
Another advantage of making an omelet in the microwave is that the dish does not burn during the process, since the minimum amount of cooking oil is used in the recipe compared with the use of the frying surface.
An omelette cooked in a pan sometimes turns half-baked or burnt. But if you replace the stove with a microwave, you will not encounter such problems, as the dish will always be lush and tasty, the main thing is to determine the cooking time, based on the power of your kitchen assistant.
Smash eggs into deep bowl;
Using a mixer, beat the eggs for two minutes;
pour milk into the egg mixture, set the average speed on the mixer and beat for another minute;
Season and salt;
Grease the form with oil, gently pour the mixture, cover with a lid and send in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
The indicated cooking time is approximate, as it varies depending on the power and microwave.
How to cook vegetable omelet in the microwave oven for those who are on a diet
Dietary omelet is made only from proteins, as well as adding olive oil. However, first things first.
- 3 egg whites;
- 3 tbsp. l fresh milk;
- 2 tbsp. l canned green peas;
- 1 tomato;
- Green onions.
Total cooking time: 5 minutes.
Caloric content: 94 kcal per 100 g. omelette
- Tomato send for 2 minutes in the microwave to dry (for taste, you can sprinkle it with olive oil);
- Finely chop the onion;
- Protein with the addition of salt, beat into a strong foam;
- Heated milk pour into the protein mass and add onions;
- Smear the form with olive oil, pour the mixture into it and send to the microwave oven for 2 minutes.
In this recipe, canned green peas can be replaced with asparagus, spinach and green beans. You should also pay attention to the cooking time, if you overeat an omelet, then instead of a lush dish you get a rubber mass.
How to make an omelet from eggs and milk for a child (from 1 year old and older)
Any mother seeks to cook only healthy food for her child, while not forgetting to please his taste preferences. Omelet cooked according to this recipe will appeal to children of any age, but for one-year-olds, pediatricians are advised to replace chicken eggs with quail.
Necessary ingredients for making an omelet to a one year old child:
- 4 quail eggs;
- 50 ml of baby milk;
- 5 tsp. butter;
Cooking time: 4-5 minutes.
Calories: 136.77 kcal per 100 grams.
- Beat eggs with milk. Salt is necessary in the event that the child already uses salt;
- Oil glass omelet mold;
- Send for 203 minutes in the microwave.
Do not cook the children’s omelet in plastic containers, even if it is intended for a microwave oven, since the probability of ingress of harmful impurities in the dish is high.
- 4 quail or 1 chicken egg;
- 50 ml of baby milk;
- 100 gr. cottage cheese;
- 5 tsp. butter;
The total preparation time and cooking: 7-8 minutes.
Caloric content with quail eggs: 147.8 kcal / 100 gr.
Calorie content with chicken egg: 145.58 kcal / 100 gr.
- Mix eggs with milk and salt;
- Add to the mixture pre-grated curd and using a whisk to mix the mixture until smooth;
- The resulting composition is poured into a mold (oiled) and cook in the microwave for 3 minutes;
- Cool to warm condition before feeding.
Children’s omelette is allowed to sweeten with banana puree, honey or a small amount of sugar.
Culinary trend: omelet in the microwave in a mug for 3 minutes
For many, cooking this egg dish is associated with a frying pan. Having destroyed stereotypes, we suggest you to try a new way of cooking an omelet — in a circle!
- 2 medium eggs;
- 2 tbsp. l any grated cheese;
- 2 tbsp. l diced sausages;
- Pepper, salt;
- Mug with a volume of 300 ml.
Cooking time: 3 minutes.
Calories: 221.42 kcal per 100 grams.
- Grate cheese, chop sausage;
- Beat eggs and add ingredients of item 1;
- Stir, pepper and salt;
- Pour the mixture into a mug and send for 1 minute in the microwave;
- After the specified time to get the mug to mix the contents and re-send for 1-1.5 minutes in the microwave oven.
In the process of cooking, you will notice that the omelet will rise to the edges of the mug, do not worry, it will not spill, and when it cools a little it will settle down.
Goose in the oven recipe with step by step photos and recommendations of the culinary experts how to make this festive dish.
Read how to make a New York cheesecake, a step-by-step recipe with recommendations from chefs.
Take note of the recipe for the sweetest Rafaello candies that can be made at home very easily.
Fans of cooking dishes for a couple probably wondered more than once how to cook an omelet in a microwave oven for a couple. It’s one thing if the microwave oven is equipped with a double boiler, but if it is not present, food film will come to the rescue. More on this will tell the following recipe.
- 8 proteins;
- 100 ml of milk or cream;
- 4 tbsp. l cream margarine or butter;
- 100 gr. grated cheese;
- Seasonings and salt.
Cooking time: 8 minutes.
Calories: 215.8 kcal per 100 grams.
Step by Step Steam Omelet Cooking:
- Creamy margarine send for 30 seconds in the microwave;
- Salt, milk and proteins whipped fork or whisk;
- Smear the dishes for cooking omelet melted cooking oil;
- Pour in the egg mixture;
- Instead of a lid, cover the dishes with food film and send them to the microwave for 3 minutes;
- After the specified time to get an omelet, mix gently and send back to the microwave for 2-3 minutes;
- Leave the finished dish under the film for a couple of minutes and carefully transfer to the plate;
- Sprinkle with cheese and put in a microwave for 30 seconds.
Can this dish be tasty and, most importantly, lush, when there was no milk at hand? Of course, if you cook in the microwave. You can also add your favorite ingredients to it, such as bacon.
- 10 gr. butter to lubricate the form;
- 100 gr. bacon and any salted cheese;
- Salt and seasonings.
The total time of preparation of ingredients and cooking: a maximum of 10 minutes.
Calories: 273.71 kcal per 100 grams.
- Finely chop the bacon;
- Cheese grate;
- Separate the whites from the yolks;
- Beat yolks with salt;
- Separately, beat the whites up to the firmness and add to the yolks;
- In the mixture add bacon, salt and mix with a spoon;
- Oil form, pour the mixture, sprinkle with cheese, be sure to cover and send in a microwave for a couple of minutes.
Optionally, the omelet can not sprinkle with cheese, and add it to the stuffing along with the bacon.
Despite the simplicity of cooking, even with an omelet, problems may arise to avoid them, listen to the secrets of experienced chefs:
- Slightly warmed milk will add pomp;
- When the omelette is cooked in the microwave, there is no need to separate the yolks and proteins, the result will always be excellent. But if milk is not indicated in the recipe, the proteins are whipped until firm and gently injected to the yolks;
- Cooked in the microwave omelet is best served with mayonnaise (sour cream) and greens;
- Another plus of the microwave: the dish will turn out lush even without adding baking powder;
- Sytnosti add a small piece of butter, introduced during the beating egg mass;
- An unusual, but at the same time pleasant aroma for a vegetable omelet will be added by a clove of garlic passed through a press.
Ways to make an omelet, as you can see, weight. Some mistresses for pomp add yeast or soda, others flour, others come up with something of their own, but the main secret of the dish, as well as the rest — fresh food, the slowness of the process and, of course, great mood.