How to make a real hard cheese at home
For many years, we have cultivated the stereotype that the production of hard cheese is a technologically complex process that cannot be repeated at home without special knowledge and equipment. Therefore, the best way out is to buy a product.
However, this is not the case. It is quite possible to get hard cheese in the kitchen in a relatively short time without having specific knowledge. In this case, you can be completely confident in the safety of the components. Let’s take a closer look at cooking options for a delicious treat.
Will it make the product the right consistency at home?
Indeed, it is very realistic to cook this product at home. The main thing is to follow the recipe and pay attention to the following nuances:
- cottage cheese is better to buy a home, and not from the supermarket. At the same time, it is better to choose the maximum fat content;
- milk is also good to take from under the cow without heat treatment. Fortunately, buying a home product is not so difficult now;
- the weight of the finished cheese must be at least 500 grams, otherwise normal ripening cannot be obtained;
- the hardness of the resulting product will depend only on the press that you will use. Therefore, this parameter can be adjusted empirically;
- The shelf life of hard home-made cheese wrapped in paper is about 7 days in the refrigerator. Store analogue stored longer by preservatives.
The most simple, cheap and quite tasty option will be “Adygei cheese”.
- kefir is poured into a deep container and placed on the oven with a minimum level of heating;
- when the curd floated to the surface, it is laid on gauze. Serum is not necessary to pour. It is left for two days at room temperature for souring;
- after completion of whey souring, milk is poured into a deep pan and brought to a boil over the fire;
- the heating level switches to the minimum and the serum is added;
- the product is stewed until cheese rises;
- using gauze mass is filtered;
- we pour in the ready cheese salt in the floor, mix thoroughly;
- the mass is wrapped with gauze and hung over the sink or basin for 30 minutes to drain off the liquid;
- After that, the cheese is placed in a commercial or homemade form and pressed for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator. Extruded liquid drains;
- to obtain a rich taste, after pressing the cheese matures for another two or three days in the refrigerator.
Cooking hard cheese from cottage cheese at home
In many recipes of hard cheese, special starter cultures are indicated that are not easily obtained. But you can do without them, if you use cottage cheese.
- cottage cheese — 1 kilogram;
- butter — 100 grams;
- milk — 1 liter;
- 2 eggs;
- a teaspoon of salt and soda.
Cooking time from start to full readiness will be about 70 minutes.
Caloric content — 317 kilocalories per 100 grams.
- milk is poured into a saucepan and brought to a boil over moderate heat;
- after the first signs of boiling of milk, cottage cheese ground on a sieve or with the help of a fork is poured;
- on medium heating the composition is boiled for 10 minutes;
- In a pre-prepared sieve, covered with gauze, pours hot thick mass. The cheese is lightly pressed to remove excess liquid;
- the resulting hot product is returned to the pan;
- add soft butter (previously lying at room temperature), salt and soda, egg, mixing them separately;
- the ingredients are well mixed, and the pan warms up with them over medium heat for about a minute;
- remove the pan from the oven and leave the treat to cool to room temperature;
- practically ready solid cheese we stir in the form which is previously greased by oil, and we put for 2 hours in the refrigerator under a press. After that, the liquid is drained;
- to achieve even better taste, you can leave the cheese to ripen for another day at a temperature of 5-10 degrees.
Broccoli salad — not everyone loves this vegetable, but if it is properly cooked it will turn out a wonderful dish.
How to make an interesting snack rolls of mackerel with gelatin, see our photo recipes.
Do you know how to properly and tasty cook pork entrecote?
The main feature of marble cheese is its unique color and pattern, resulting in a slice. It used to be that it was impossible to make such a home, but it turned out to be wrong.
- 400 grams of sour cream;
- 6 chicken eggs;
- 2 liters of milk;
- 150 milliliters of carrot juice;
- tablespoon of salt.
The cooking time is about 50 minutes of active process and 6 hours of ripening.
Calorie content is about 325 kilocalories per 100 grams of cheese.
- The first step is to divide the food into 2 parts so that the first one contains: 200 grams of sour cream, 3 eggs, a liter of milk, whole juice, half a tablespoon of salt. Accordingly, the rest will go to the second part;
- the first container is filled with milk, which is brought to a boil;
- salt is poured (half spoon);
- sour cream, eggs and juice mixed in one bowl are gradually added to the pot of boiling milk;
- boiling of the mixture takes about 5 minutes to complete separation of the curd from the whey. In this case, the components are constantly mixed;
- the colander is covered with gauze and the contents of the pan for draining the liquid are poured onto it;
- the second part of the cheese mass is prepared in the same way, but the juice is excluded from the ingredients, so the color will be white;
- Getting rid of the liquid from the first part of the cheese, transfer the mass to the bowl, and in its place pour the second part and let the whey drain for 10 minutes;
- in a colander with gauze and with a light cheese mass pour the first part out of the bowl. The components are neatly mixed so that we get the picture we need (without enthusiasm);
- hang gauze over the sink for 20 minutes (this will leave excess moisture);
- put the finished cheese in the mold and press for 6 hours, after which the hard marble cheese is moved to the refrigerator.
Delicious homemade delicacy with mold
This type of cheese has a huge cost, so not everyone can buy it. All because of taste, which is almost impossible to convey in words. However, there is a way to try the delicacy by cooking it at home. For this you will need:
- special culture P.Roqueforti. It is a safe and useful for the body type of mold, which is quite simple in online stores. One bag is enough for 1000 liters, so we need the edge of a teaspoon;
- 8 liters of milk;
- 0.25 teaspoon mesophilic yeast;
- as much rennet;
- 0.25 teaspoon calcium chloride;
Preparation time will be about 16 days, while the active part of the process will take no more than 2 hours.
Calories — 340 kcal per 100 grams.
The method of preparation of hard cheese with mold at home:
- milk is brought to a uniform temperature from 27 to 33 degrees. The process is monitored using a special cooking thermometer;
- after that, sourdough and mold are poured out. In this case, you can not mix them together, to add two spoons;
- we take a skimmer of the appropriate size and slowly mix the product;
- at the same time, calcium chloride dissolved in 100 grams of water is poured;
- without stopping the mixing process, an enzyme is added;
- the pan with the contents is left for 2 hours;
- the resulting thick mass is moved to a colander, covered with gauze;
- gauze is suspended for 60 minutes to remove fluid. For such an amount of milk, one bag of cheese mass is indispensable, there will be several of them. Therefore, it is necessary to take care of the places of suspension and drainage in advance;
- each bag of product with gauze is placed under the press for 12 hours;
- after that, the cheese is broken into small pieces and salted;
- the salted product is placed in the prepared form and placed in the refrigerator for 48 hours;
- at the end of two days, holes are made in the cheese for the air needed by the mold with the help of a wooden stick;
- the product moves in containers with drainage holes and at a temperature of 10 degrees (the cellar or the refrigerator, respectively, set out) matures about 2 weeks;
- and only now you can get ready-made hard cheese with mold, regale them friends and acquaintances, and then wonder at its great value in the store.
We will reveal some secrets that will help not to spoil the homemade cheese:
- do not use an aluminum or cast iron pan, otherwise the product will have a metallic aftertaste;
- any gauze can be applied again by pre-rinsing it with cold water and bleach, and then boiling it;
- It is best to use special plastic containers for cheese. They are not expensive at all, they have any shape, they are equipped with drainage holes;
- You can safely make the press yourself. A jar of water or a bottle will do. An average of 1 kilogram of cheese needs a 2 kilo press. However, this option can be customized.