Recipes for Christmas salads set. We present the most interesting options that the hostess of 2019 will surely appreciate — the Yellow Earth Pig.
According to Eastern wisdom, the Pig, whose year begins in 2019, is endowed with such qualities as justice, friendliness and good nature. The friendly Pig is sure to love it if it is served in brown, beige or yellow colors, rich in bright vegetables, greens and fruits.
Pig loves to eat, so appreciate the rich table. The main products from which dishes are prepared for the holiday table in 2019 should be fish, seafood, veal, poultry, lamb. They can stew, fry, bake, cook them snacks and salads.
Yellow Pig encourages any culinary experiments. Therefore, slightly change the cooking technology and the recipe for classic Christmas salads. The mistress of the year will appreciate it.
Instead of harmful boiled sausage, cook beef in a double boiler. Add fresh cucumbers. And make a beautiful and unique supply of salad.
- Boil potatoes, carrots, eggs in the usual way. Cool, chop all the cube.
- With fresh and pickled cucumbers cut off the peel, the vegetable itself also chop into cubes.
- Put green peas in boiling water for several minutes.
- Mix the prepared products, season with mayonnaise, mix.
- Cook the beef in a double boiler or a slow cooker.
- Cut the cooked beef into slices. Then put them on a serving plate, giving them the shape of a flower, flavor it with oil, season with black freshly ground pepper.
- Place a serving ring on top of the “flower”, put vegetables seasoned with mayonnaise into it, place on them pre-cooked quail eggs cut in half. Decorate with chopped greens.
The main feature of the New Year’s «Herring under a fur coat» is that the ingredients are laid out in layers on a sheet of parchment and rolled into a roll.
- 2 boneless herring fillets;
- 1 large beet;
- 2 potatoes;
- 2 carrots;
- 70 g onions;
- 3 chicken eggs;
- 100 olive mayonnaise sauce;
- 1 sheet of culinary parchment.
It will take: 35 minutes.
Each serving: 299 kcal.
- Boil potatoes, beets, carrots and peel all vegetables.
- Grate grated vegetables.
- Boil chicken eggs. On a fine grater, rub yolks, and whites — on a large one.
- Chop the onion finely. It can be washed with boiling water to remove bitterness from it, chop the herring fillet into cubes.
- Lay the products on layers of parchment in the following sequence: beets, potatoes, carrots, small onions, egg white, herring fillets. Cover each layer with mayonnaise.
- Salad to give shape, slightly crush and roll. It’s simple: you have to take the edge of the parchment sheet with your hand, pull it away from you, holding the layers with your second hand, and roll it up. Send in the refrigerator for five hours.
- Put the roll on a dish, pour olive mayonnaise sauce, sprinkle with egg yolk. As decoration, use chips from rye bread, cubes of herring, chopped greens.
We offer an interesting version of the Soviet salad «Mimosa», which is recommended to prepare modern chefs for the New Year 2019.
- 1 carrot (boiled);
- 4 potatoes (boiled);
- 1-2 arrows of green onions;
- 200-250 g hot smoked mackerel (fillet);
- 60 g of light mayonnaise;
- 60 g of cream well whipped;
- 90 grams of grated cheese (cheddar will do);
- 4 yolks;
- 1 mushroom cap fried.
For cooking: 30 min.
The number of calories: 235.
- Cut mackerel fillets into slices. Place them on a plate, giving the shape of an oval.
- Then lay out the grated carrots and potatoes.
- Next layer: a mixture of whipped cream with mayonnaise and grated cheese.
- Fill in the formed oval with grated yolks.
- On the yolks to “draw” a birch: the trunk — with mayonnaise, the upper part — with green onions, champignon plates — the lower part of the composition.
In the video — another version of cooking salad «Mimosa» with cod liver:
Meat salads — a dish affordable and inexpensive, but always satisfying. The products are the most affordable, you add them a little, and as a result you get a completely independent dish for the festive table.
The salad uses chicken fillet, but you can take any poultry meat. And to give the dish freshness, add a green apple and Chinese cabbage to the chicken.
- 1 red onion;
- 1 apple;
- 1 boiled egg;
- 55 ml of refined oil;
- 1 chicken fillet;
- 5 pieces of prunes;
- 100 g Peking cabbage;
- 50 g of mayonnaise;
- 2 boiled potatoes.
Cooking time: 20 minutes.
Portion: 285 kcal.
- Cut chicken flesh into small pieces, brown in a hot frying pan with butter. Add chopped onion, season to taste, bring the meat to readiness.
- Using a grater, chop the apple (without peel), potatoes and egg. Finely chop prunes, Peking cabbage. Products do not mix.
- Put a serving ring on a plate, lay foods in it: potatoes, mayonnaise, cabbage, egg, chicken, potatoes and mayonnaise again. Top with grated apple, then prunes and sprinkle with protein.
To get a festive, but light salad, you need to combine the chicken with pineapple, adding greens and spices.
- 500 g of peeled fresh pineapple;
- 500 g chicken fillet;
- 3 sprigs of thyme;
- 1 chicory;
- sprigs of cilantro to taste;
- 35 ml of olive oil;
- 6 cloves of garlic;
- Ground black pepper, salt to taste;
- 100 g of olive mayonnaise + 1 tsp. curry;
- 1 pinch of ground paprika for decoration.
Preparation: 30 minutes
Caloric content: 240 kcal.
- Chicken fillet with butter, season, sprinkle with thyme leaves, put in the form and bake in the oven heated to 180ºC until cooked. Cool the finished meat, cut into cubes, put in a salad bowl.
- Wash the chicory, dry and chop into a cube, add to the meat. Just chop pineapple, put in a salad bowl to the rest of the products.
- Combine mayonnaise with curry. Season salad with this sauce, mix, add salt to your taste.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, decorate the prepared dish with leaves of chicory and ground paprika.
Fish salads will perfectly complement the New Year’s table and will suit the taste of the 2019 talisman.
To begin with, the herring is familiar to everyone, but with it we made a real miracle by adding vegetables and red caviar. This is a simple but very tasty salad!
- 1 slice of garlic;
- 1 apple;
- 20 g of lettuce leaves;
- 2 radishes;
- 40 g of mayonnaise;
- 1 salted cucumber;
- 50 g of herring (fillet);
- 1 tbsp. red caviar.
Cooking time: 40 minutes.
Caloric content: 208 kcal.
- Prepare the sauce: rubbed cucumber, combine garlic with mayonnaise.
- Cut lettuce leaves, add them to the prepared sauce, mix.
- Peel the apple, remove the seeds. Then cut the apple into small cubes, radishes — in circles, herring in small pieces.
- Take a plate and serving ring, put the salad through it.
- Spread layers like this: radish, apple, lettuce with sauce, radish, herring, caviar.
The second number we have is a salad with red fish, which in the dishes looks simply luxurious.
- 1 apple;
- 1 onion;
- 40 ml of refined oil;
- greens to taste;
- 8 ml of lemon juice;
- 100 g of durum cheese;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 200 g salmon slightly salted;
- 15-20 g sour cream;
- 2 boiled potatoes.
Cooking: 25 minutes.
Calories: 259 kcal.
- Brown chopped onions in a skillet with oil. Cut boiled potatoes, eggs, peeled apples into small cubes. Sprinkle lemon juice with chopped fruit. Products do not mix.
- Cut salmon into thin plates, place on the bottom of a salad bowl. Put all ingredients on it in layers: potatoes, eggs, onions, sour cream, greens.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and spread shredded apples.
Salads with various seafood will be very appropriate to the place on the holiday table 2019. Shrimp, mini octopus and squid will do.
Shrimp salads are always appropriate on the holiday table. And the sauce added at the end of cooking will make the shrimp softer, and the taste of the dish — brighter.
- 130 g rice noodles;
- 300 g shrimp (boiled and peeled);
- 200 g of fresh green peas;
- 1 ripe mango;
- 1 small bunch of fresh mint and cilantro;
- 2 green onion arrows;
- 30 grams of roasted cedar nuts.
- 1 lime for juice;
- 20 ml of chili (sweet) sauce;
- 20 ml fish sauce.
Cooking time: 15 minutes.
The number of calories: 158.
- Boil water in the kettle. Put rice noodles in a saucepan, pour in boiling water, mix gently so that the noodles do not stick together, hold for 5 minutes. Then drain the water, drain the noodles in a colander and rinse with cool water.
- In a separate bowl with a whisk, mix all the ingredients for refueling.
- Peel the mango, chop into cubes, finely chop the green onion.
- Put the peas in a salad bowl, add noodles, shrimp, mango cubes. After adding a little sauce to the salad, you need to carefully combine the noodles with other ingredients, sprinkle with onions and nuts, sprinkle with the remaining sauce, season to your taste.
To the note: the young green peas can be used directly in the pods, they are put into the salad, cut into 2-3 pieces.
Seafood gives any salad a special taste, making it light and nourishing at the same time.
- 30 g salad mixture;
- ½ sweet pepper pod;
- 6 pieces of cherry;
- a small slice of celery stalk;
- on 40 g of shrimp of royal + squids + mini-octopuses;
- to taste olive oil;
- 50-60 ml teriyaki sauce.
- 45 ml of orange juice;
- 1 tbsp. spoon of granulated sugar;
- 50 ml of vinegar wine + soy sauce;
- 50 ml of olive, sunflower, sesame oil;
- 30 g ordinary onions;
- ½ small carrots;
- a piece of large garlic.
Each serving: 169 kcal.
- All ingredients for filling chop and beat together with liquid components blender until smooth. Pour cooked dressing on the surface of the serving dish.
- Rinse the salad, dry. Celery, sweet peppers chop straws. Cut tomatoes into halves. All ingredients combine, season to taste, add olive oil. Put the finished salad on the dressing in the center of the serving plate.
- Remove the foil from the squid and chop into large cubes, wash the octopus, remove the shells from the shrimp. Fry the prepared seafood in teriyaki sauce. Then spread them around the vegetable salad.
On the video — a few more options for cooking simple and delicious salads with fish and seafood:
New Year’s table without vegetable salads looks boring. Of course, the taste of «winter» vegetables is quite faded, but in the dish it is easy to fix by adding an interesting dressing.
Salad can be served as a side dish to meat dishes, but it is very good in itself.
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 2 flat and long potatoes;
- 500 ml of refined oil;
- leaf salad + greens to taste;
- 3 pods of Bulgarian pepper;
- 100 g potato chips (onion and sour cream taste).
Cooking time: 30 minutes.
Each portion: 208 kcal.
- Wash the potatoes and cut the inside out to form a basket. Fry the potatoes in preheated deep fat.
- Prepare the filling: tear the lettuce, chop the pepper thinly, break the chips and mix everything gently with your hands.
- Prepare a dressing: take any greens, put in a blender container, add garlic, pour in oil, beat.
- Salad pour dressing. Remove the potatoes from the oil, cool and stuff them with salad.
Dates can be replaced with good large prunes, cilantro completely or partially replaced with parsley.
- 300 g white cabbage;
- 2 celery stalks;
- 2 carrots;
- 160 ml of olive oil;
- 1 pinch of powdered sugar;
- 1 pinch of curry powder and ground paprika;
- 80 g dates (without stones);
- 1 handful of chopped green onions;
- a small bunch of cilantro;
- juice from half a lemon;
- to taste add ground black pepper, salt.
Cooking: 30 minutes.
- Cut the cabbage into thin strips. Chop celery slices. Grate carrots using a grater «for Korean carrots.»
- Heat oil in a skillet (2 tablespoons) and fry carrots for a bit. Season it with powdered sugar, curry, ground paprika, mix well, soak on the stove for 5 minutes.
- Chop rings of ringlets. Cut the cilantro large.
- For refueling, combine remaining oil with lemon juice and season.
- In a salad bowl, send carrots, celery slices, dates, cabbage, cilantro, scallions, mix and pour dressing.
Such a simple salad is perfect for any meat, and especially for baked or fried.
- 2 tomatoes and cucumber;
- 1 pod of sweet pepper;
- 6 pieces of radish;
- 1 bunch chives;
- 70 g red onions;
- 65 ml of olive oil;
- 20 ml of white wine vinegar (or lemon juice);
- 8 g of mustard granular;
- 8 g of honey (better than light);
- add spices at your discretion.
On cooking: 20 min.
Calories: 135 kcal.
- Wash vegetables, towel dry. Slice tomatoes, radishes and cucumbers into slices. Chopped onion cut into half rings. Sweet pepper cut, remove the seeds and chop into slices. Onion chives shred finely.
- Prepare dressing: mix whisk oil, wine vinegar, mustard, light honey.
- Put the chopped vegetables into a salad bowl, pour over the cooked dressing, mix gently, sprinkle with green onions.
Here you will find photo-recipes of Georgian cuisine salads.
Salad «Pomegranate Bracelet» looks very festive. Here you can see a step-by-step recipe with photos.
General recommendations for cooking:
- Vegetables for salads are boiled in uniform. It is necessary to cook in separate pans, pouring cold water. After boiling season a little salt. With this method, the peel on the vegetables will not crack, and they will cook evenly.
- To make the beets softer, after cooking it is necessary to send it to cool water, leave it for a while.
- To prevent the eggs from cracking during cooking, they should be poured with cool water, adding salt to it. The shell is well removed, if ready-made eggs immediately pour cold water and cool.
- Barrel herring is the best choice for salads. It is important to know that chemicals are used at the enterprises to clean the fillet from the bones, and they definitely do not exist in the barrel herring.
- In some salads to replace mayonnaise sauce will not work. For example, in the salad «Herring under a fur coat.» Approximately 50 grams is required for 2 servings.
In the video — the recipe for Greek salad for the New Year 2019:
The pig is omnivorous, so there will be no problems with cooking salads for the festive table in 2019. Everything is allowed except pork. The main thing is to remember that food should be not only tasty, but also nourishing.