Birthday salads — simple and tasty recipes
Drawing up a menu for any holiday, and even more so for such a special day as a birthday, always begins with thinking over salads. Each housewife of course has in the culinary piggy bank a few favorite recipes. But as a rule, the same beloved friends and relatives come on birthdays from year to year.
Of course, you will not cook the same thing every year. I want to diversify the table and please the guests with some new delicious original dish. Then the Internet comes to the rescue. And it happens that you will spend more than one evening reading recipes and imagining how it will look like, tasty or tasteless, that you can think of in order to decorate the dish in an original way.
The Grenadier salad recipe offered today is not so often cooked, and frankly speaking — in vain. It is quite simple, all the products can always be easily bought in the store, and many have everyone in the house. And a huge plus is that the «Grenadier» is bright, beautiful and very tasty. He always attracts attention and becomes the decoration of the table.
At first, the guests are skeptical: «And, again, the herring is under a fur coat …» But when you offer to try, and say that it is called «Grenadier», but there is no herring in it, the guests agree, they quickly understand what is happening, and always ask for supplement. But why not ask, because the combination of meat with prunes, vegetables and nuts, slightly seasoned with mayonnaise — what could be more delicious. Therefore, the dish delivered to the table is always eaten without residue.
And good! No need to keep it in the refrigerator, and eat up the next day. Although, to be honest, he is not worse at all on the second day.
Therefore, if you have never prepared the Grenadier, try it without fail. And then you will cook it often enough.
- meat — cooked beef 150 gr.
- potatoes 250 gr.
- carrot — 150 gr.
- prunes without stones — 100 gr.
- walnuts — 100 gr.
- raisins — 50 gr.
- mayonnaise — 150 gr.
- greenery for decoration
- salt — to taste
You can decorate it in a variety of ways, and in accordance with this, you can also add additional ingredients.
- Boil the meat, salt the broth for half an hour until cooked. Cool it down. Cut into strips.
- Boil the vegetables.
- Vegetables can be grated, or cut into small cubes (optional).
- Arrange in layers or in a transparent form, or on a large dish lined with green leaves.
- Layers lay out in such a sequence. Put the potatoes down, then the carrots, then the meat. Salt a layer of potatoes with lightly salted and smeared with mayonnaise.
- Mayonnaise can be lubricated with each layer, or through a layer. Who likes how.
- Cut prunes into straws, leaving a few pieces whole, for decoration. Spread it on the meat.
- We grind nuts, also leave some pieces for decoration. Sprinkle on top of prunes. Then sprinkle a little raisins, leave some for decoration.
- Spread the beets on top. We add a little salt.
- As mentioned above, mayonnaise can be coated with as many layers as you like. You can put a beautiful mesh on the top layer and decorate it with the remaining prunes or nuts.
- Also, the top of the salad can be smeared with mayonnaise, sprinkled with the top and sides of raisins, and chopped nuts.
- Remove it for 2-3 hours in the fridge so that it is better soaked and infused.
- Put on plates in layers.
You can cook for the birthday of another very simple, but no less tasty version of the chicken with nuts and raisins. Special piquancy gives a special piquancy and unexpected touch of taste. The finished dish is easy, and you can even say — exquisite.
- chicken fillet — 450 gr.
- raisin seedless — 0.5 cup
- one orange juice
- pine nuts — 0.5 cup
- olive oil — 1 tbsp. spoon
- green leaf lettuce
- salt, black pepper, ground to taste
- Boil the chicken breast in salted water. Cool, cut or large straws, or large pieces of arbitrary shape. Spice up.
- Pour the orange juice into the pan and put on a slow fire. When the juice warms up, add the raisins, bring to a boil and remove from the heat. Leave on for 20 minutes so that the raisins are soaked with orange juice.
- To clear the peeled pine nuts in a skillet without oil. Pine nuts can be replaced with cashew nuts. Toasted peanuts cool.
- Flatten dish out the leaves of hands torn green lettuce. It is always better to tear it with your hands, if you cut it, it will squeeze juice, go limp, and lose appearance.
- Posting chicken meat, shifting arbitrarily remaining contents.
- In the dressing of orange juice with raisins, add olive oil. Stir, pour the resulting mixture the finished dish.
- Sprinkle nuts on top.
- Leave for 30 minutes so that the chicken is soaked with orange dressing.
- Serve slightly chilled.
Salad with chicken fillet, walnuts and grapes
This dish is a variation of the previous one, which can be made in summer when fresh grapes appear. In the summer, especially on hot days, salads seasoned with mayonnaise, often remain on the holiday table. They quickly lose their appeal, «float.» And just because it is hot, people eat less of them.
But light meals, filled with fruit fillings with olive oil, with the addition of fresh fruit, are always in demand. Especially when several options are being prepared for the birthday, such a light salad always turns out to be appropriate.
In this version, we will not use raisins. Just squeeze the juice out of the orange, and we won’t heat it either.
Put it on a plate as in the previous recipe. Juice mixed with olive oil, pour over the top. Sprinkle with nuts and add grapes cut in two.
Let stand 30 minutes so that the juice soaked the pieces of chicken
I also advise you to cook for your birthday, which has already become a classic salad «Mimosa».
Recently, the Mushroom Glade salad has become very popular.
Original performed and delicious salad «Grouse’s Nest» will also be an ornament to any holiday table.
Here are a few options for very simple and not very simple cooking options for cold birthday dishes. Choose any, but you can make two and three. For example, one is more complicated, and one or two easier. Then your table will be diverse, and will satisfy the taste of any of your guests!