How to stew a turkey with vegetables on the stove, in the oven and the slow cooker
If you are fed up with chicken, and the duck does not like meat, then it’s time to pay attention to one of the most low-calorie and hypoallergenic meat products — turkey meat. It is in perfect harmony with vegetables and cereals.
Especially useful dietary meat in combination with stewed zucchini, eggplant, tomatoes, cabbage, pumpkin, potatoes and other vegetable crops from your vegetable garden. Here are just a few recipes.
Turkey stew with vegetables is prepared in stages:
- Rinse the bird thoroughly, pluck sticking feathers (if there are any). Drain the turkey with a paper towel and divide it into portions on the bottom with a knife;
- Salt, pepper and curry each piece;
- Peel the bulbs, peel and rinse the carrots, garlic cloves, pepper, remove the stalks from the tomatoes and the tails of the eggplants;
- In a deep saucepan or cauldron, heat the vegetable oil. Lay out the parts of the bird and fry on both sides on medium heat until golden brown;
- Bulbs cut into quarters into rings, rub carrots on a hand shredder or grater. Send the vegetables to the skillet after turning the roast turkey pieces on the other side;
- Eggplants, tomatoes and Bulgarian pepper cut into medium cubes (1.5-2 cm). If desired, first remove the upper skin from the tomatoes. Make cross-shaped cuts on the fruit and pour boiling water over them, then the films will leave without much effort;
- Pour pieces of poultry, with passaged onions and carrots, vegetable cutting. Add some water, cover and simmer on low heat for half an hour, controlling the level of the liquid;
- Finely chop the garlic cloves and a bunch of fresh dill, add to the braised poultry, try on the salt, and cook another 7-10 minutes;
- An ideal side dish for this dish can serve as rice or boiled young potatoes.
- 0.4 kg of boneless meat and turkey;
- 250 grams of sour cream with fat content up to 15%;
- 0.2 kg cauliflower;
- 0.2 kg broccoli florets;
- 2 small zucchini milky ripeness;
- 1 bunch of parsley;
- 3-4 tablespoons of refined deodorized sunflower oil;
- 2 onions;
- seasoning Hmeli-suneli;
- 2 bell peppers (yellow, red).
Preparation time 1 hour 15 minutes. One stogramme portion accounts for about 69 kcal.
- Rinse poultry meat in a sink, let the water drain, cut into strips, sprinkle with salt and hops-suneli and leave to marinate while you are working with other ingredients of the dish;
- Wash cabbage forks, divide into separate small inflorescences, cut off long, rough petioles, and boil in salted water for several minutes until half cooked;
- Onion heads clean and cut into half rings. Let a couple of minutes on sunflower oil in a cauldron (containers with a thick bottom and walls);
- Add sliced meats to onion roasting, stir, allow time for the turkey pieces to lightly browned;
- Small young fruits of zucchini can be cut into thin rings without peeling and peeling;
- Free the sweet pods of the pepper from the seeds and peduncles, cut into large pieces (1.5-2 cm each) into slices of any shape;
- Pour into the cauldron chopped zucchini, pepper, boiled cabbage, pour sour cream. Top up with water if necessary. After the cream sauce begins to boil, reduce the heat and simmer a quarter of an hour under the lid;
- A couple of minutes until tender, sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- 1 small turkey breast;
- 8 potatoes;
- 2-3 small carrots;
- a pinch of nutmeg powder;
- 3 garlic cloves;
- 1.5 tsp of salt;
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika;
- a pinch of black pepper;
- 10 milliliters of olive oil;
- 0.2 kg of broccoli;
- Greens to taste: cilantro, onion, dill.
Cooking time will be 3 hours. Caloric content: per 100 grams 70 kcal.
Recipe for steps:
- Wash your breast, remove skin (if present), remove excess moisture with paper napkins;
- Prepare the marinade for the breast. In a small bowl (mortar) combine the spices: nutmeg, paprika, salt, ground pepper, chopped garlic clove, add olive oil and mash everything thoroughly until smooth;
- Rub the spice mixture into the breast. Cut the remaining garlic into small lobules. Use a sharp knife to puncture the meat and stick it in garlic. Send the bird to a deep bowl, cover it with a plate or cling film, and leave to marinate for a couple of hours;
- Peel potatoes with a peeler, cut into large or medium slices. Grate the cleaned carrots on a coarse grater. Broccoli divide into small stalks. Finely chop fresh greens;
- Marinated breast, fry in a pan in vegetable or animal fat until an appetizing golden crust forms;
- In a deep form for stewing (utyatnitsa), put the potatoes with carrots, salt. Place turkey breast and broccoli on top, add water so as to cover the vegetables, cover with a lid and place in a well-heated oven. Simmer for about half an hour until the potatoes are ready;
- When serving, place the breast in the center of the dish on the stewed vegetables and sprinkle with herbs.
Braised cabbage with pork is a simple and satisfying dish for every day.
Read how to make rolls stuffed with cottage cheese and greens.
How and for how much to cook manti without a double boiler. Take note of our recipes.
- 0.6-0.7 kg turkey thigh fillet;
- ground seed of cilantro to taste;
- 20 milliliters of olive oil;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 1 head of white cabbage (0.5 kg);
- 3 carrots;
- 4-5 tablespoons of concentrated tomato paste;
- 5 potatoes;
- bunch of dill.
Cooking takes about an hour. Caloric content: per 100 grams 68 kcal.
How to cook turkey fillet stewed with vegetables in a slow cooker:
- Rinse the fillets and cut into 2-2.5 cm cubes. Sprinkle with ground cilantro;
- Heat olive oil in a multicooker bowl and fry the fillet for 5-6 minutes in the Fry mode, adding the right amount of salt, which will keep most of the juice inside the meat pieces;
- Peel, squeeze garlic cloves on meat through the press;
- Peel the potatoes and carrots. Tear off the top leaves of a cabbage;
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces and add to the bird fillet, switch the appliance to Quenching mode, close the lid and cook for a quarter of an hour;
- Chop cabbage and carrot into thin strips, salt, mix and squeeze by hand. Put everything in the multicooker container and continue extinguishing for 20 minutes in the same mode;
- Put the concentrated tomato paste in the multicooker bowl, mix, check whether there is enough liquid, try on the salt, add chopped greens;
- Let simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the device and leave to stand for a quarter of an hour in this position.