Chicken & Vegetable Stew — 6 Simple Step-by-Step Recipes
This is not a soup or a fried dish, but an appetizing dish stewed in a thick sauce. Clear pieces of each vegetable are visible, but nothing is knocked out of the overall composition. Do you know what it is?
Stew! Delicious dish of sliced in approximately the same form of vegetable ingredients. Very often, for greater satiety and flavor, meat is added, and quite often chicken. It is rather soft and dietary product that perfectly combines not only with carrots, potatoes and onions, but also with zucchini, eggplant and even cabbage.
The main secret of this dish is that in no case can its components be cooked to a mushy state! So the stew is rather not so much a culinary masterpiece, as the process of sequential preparation of products from harder to fairly soft.
Vegetable stew with chicken and potatoes — a simple and tasty recipe
Usually the stew is made from approximately equal amounts of cooked fruit. But if you need to feed very hungry men, it is best to cook a rich dish in meat or chicken broth.
In addition, it must be very satisfying. The potato will help with this question — it is advisable to add more.
- Potatoes — 1 kg.
- Chicken — 0.5 kg.
- Chicken broth — 3 cups.
- Onions, carrots — 2 pcs.
- Sunflower oil — 3 tbsp. l
- Ground pepper, salt, spices — to taste.
1. The first step is to prepare the basic ingredients. They must be cleaned and rinsed. Lightly dry and begin grinding. There are lots of ways to do this.
2. Bulbs can be chopped in any way, but in the form of cubes it will be much more convenient. And from the general dish it will not stand out much.
Not everyone loves it when onions come across in a dish. Therefore, the finer it is to grind, the less noticeable it will be.
3. Usually carrots in stews look very harmoniously in the form of small cubes. But if you do not have time or do not like to be engaged in cutting for a long time, then the option is suitable — just rub it on a large grater.
And if for this there is a grater for Korean carrots, then it will be just great. Straws will be neat and not boiled soft.
4. To make the stew not too bland and to get a beautiful shade, it is best to use browned onions and carrots.
Therefore, we will do this not tricky action. To do this, pour oil into a deep pan and fry the onions slightly first. When it becomes softer and more pliable, add carrots and simmer them together until it also becomes half soft.
It may take about 3-5 minutes.
5. This time is enough to cut chicken meat into large pieces. Too small should not be reduced so that it is not lost among the potatoes.
Here you can use just chicken fillet, or the usual parts of the carcass, cut into pieces. But still, for a better perception of the dish is better to use the pulp.
6. As soon as the onion with the carrot reaches the desired state — send them to the cut chicken, fry for about 10 minutes. It is best to bring it to a slightly ruddy crust — this will give the stew more flavor.
You can immediately lightly salt to taste and pepper. If you like some spices, you can also add them in the roasting process.
For chicken, light aromatic herbs in the form of rosemary or thyme are perfect.
7. Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes or small slices (depending on the size of the potatoes, or your preferences).
Pour into the pan to the previous ingredients. Pour broth and leave to stew over medium heat for 20 minutes. You can add the amount of broth at your discretion, depending on the consistency of the dish you want to see in the end.
Several times during this period it is worth stirring so that nothing burns. You can also add salt, if the taste of salinity is not enough for you.
Boil until potatoes are ready.
The stew will be fully cooked when it becomes soft when piercing it with a fork or spoon.
8. Serve the finished dish best hot. You can decorate the top with chopped greens or small crackers.
Chicken potatoes are always tasty and never get bored. Therefore, it is quite a frequent dish on our table.
Stew with zucchini and cabbage under cheese crust (recipe with chicken)
Recently, visiting a friend tried a new kind of stew with cabbage and cheese. The combination is absolutely incredible! She did not know what to cook for dinner, and accidentally found this recipe on the Internet.
Original vegetable dish with chicken, flavored with young garlic — oh and yummy! We ate everything that the girlfriend prepared, and also collected all the leftovers from the common dish with bread.
And of course they wrote down the recipe.
- Chicken — 0.5 kg.
- Broth — 100 ml.
- Grated cheese — 50 gr.
- Small carrots — 8-15 pcs. (depending on the size, but better fingertips)
- Onions, carrots, peppers, zucchini — 1 pc.
- White cabbage — 1/3 medium head.
- Garlic cloves — 5-10 pcs. (to your taste)
- Sour cream, sunflower oil — 3 tbsp. l
- Pepper, salt, curry, greens — to taste.
1. For this dish you can take any parts of the chicken. A half carcass is also quite suitable. If you do not like to tinker with the bones, then it is better to take the fillet.
Cut it into large pieces and fry them in butter until golden brown. In the process a little salt and pepper.
2. Prepare vegetables. All but the zucchini, cut into large strips.
It is also advisable not to grind finger carrots — it is so small and will give more charm to the finished dish.
Garlic cloves are fine shredded in the form of plates. So more juice will come out. And you can not be afraid that it will be very bitter, in the process of heat treatment will leave a strong bitterness.
3. Peel zucchini and cut into quarters. If it is large — in the form of cubes or wide bars. It is not worth to shred much, so that it does not ferment when extinguishing.
4. Send all prepared vegetables to the hen, pour the broth and simmer over medium heat under the lid closed for a quarter of an hour. Stir periodically.
Add curry and, if necessary, salt as much as necessary.
5. In the meantime, we all stew, so as not to waste time, you should chop the cabbage with a thin straw. So she gave more juice, a little shake hands. Send the cut to the already half-finished vegetables — just evenly distribute it on top and do not mix.
If chopped cabbage is thin enough, then it will quickly reach the desired state.
6. Combine the grated cheese with sour cream and pour the stew over the cabbage with this sauce.
7. Cover again and leave to stew for 10 minutes. Do not mix or open to make something similar to a casserole with melted cheese on top.
8. Serve hot portions, sprinkled with finely chopped greens.
Be sure to cook this yummy. Indifferent to her will not remain a single person.
Eggplant lovers will not stand aside either! And for them there is a delicious stew with your favorite vegetable. At the same time, no potatoes — only chicken, purple vegetable and pepper-onion mixture, decorated with slices of tomatoes.
This is just a godsend for those who are on a diet, but at the same time they want something especially tasty.
- Chicken fillet — 0.5 kg.
- Broth — 100 ml.
- Sunflower oil — 3 tbsp. l
- Eggplant, tomato — 2 pcs.
- Garlic clove — 2 pcs.
- Bulgarian pepper, onions — 1 pc.
- Ground pepper, salt, greens — to taste.
1. Although varieties of eggplant without bitterness are being grown now, it is still worth cutting these handsome men into centimeter bars and pour cool, slightly salted water for 10-15 minutes.
Here, not even just bitterness will come out, if it is, and the eggplant itself will become more juicy and nourished juice.
2. Cut the fillet in oblong bars and fry it in butter until a light golden crust appears, which seals the meat juice inside.
For this you need a strong enough fire. But do not forget to mix the contents so that the roasting turns out to be uniform on all sides.
3. Peel the onion and cut it into half rings. Try to keep their thickness is not thin, but not thick.
Bulgarian pepper is also cleaned of all unnecessary, and the vegetable itself is cut into a medium-wide straw. To do this, cut it first into two or four pieces along. And then crumble into strips of the desired thickness.
Send the roast to the meat first onion. And as soon as he slightly limp, without delaying to pour straws of straw. To languish on the fire and the one and the other until half ready.
Cut them too thin and do not fry them for a long time so that the vegetables do not look reddened in the finished dish.
4. Pull the eggplant sticks out of the water and lightly squeeze them straight with your hands Pour them into the pan to the previous ingredients.
Pour broth. It can be replaced with ordinary boiled water, or you can simply dissolve half a chicken cube in a warm liquid.
As you can see, here is its purely symbolic amount, only 100 ml. But this is quite enough for the dish to not turn out dry.
Simmer for 15-20 minutes until the bars are ready.
5. Tomatoes cut into thin slices or halves of wheels and lay them on top of stewed vegetables. Give then a couple more minutes on medium heat.
And to make the tomatoes better to let the juice, you can cover the pan with a lid.
6. To get the maximum flavor from the spices, only at the stage of almost complete readiness of the stew, add garlic crushed through a press, ground black pepper and lightly salt.
Stir and brew the dish for about 10 minutes with the lid closed. Then arrange on plates and sprinkle with fresh herbs.
For those who are not on a diet, they can be served with an extra side dish of pasta, rice or potato wedges. And the stew itself can be decorated with a sprig of greens, or sprinkle with finely chopped mixture of parsley, dill or basil.
Recipe for stew with chicken thighs and vegetables, baked in a sleeve in the oven
In Asian countries, stews are traditionally cooked in kazans. It is believed that this way vegetables stew evenly and maximally fed on each other’s juices. In this case, the meat is usually cut in large pieces.
In this way, basma and damlam are prepared. There only vegetables are used entirely, or cut into large chunks.
But if you do not have this wonderful device at hand, then it is quite possible to do with an oven and a sleeve for baking.
- Chicken (thighs) — 2 pcs.
- Zucchini, eggplant, Bulgarian pepper — 1 pc.
- Tomato, onion, carrot — 1 pc.
- Herb chicken seasoning — 1 pack.
1. Eggplant and zucchini cut into the same large pieces. If the zucchini has a thick skin, then it should be pre-cut.
2. Shred carrots. You can not thin it very thinly. It is quite suitable for a half-centimeter thickness.
Bulgarian pepper crumble first into longitudinal strips, and then divide them into pieces of 2-3 cm. Best of all, it was a large, fleshy fruit with thick walls.
And if it is also different from the other components in color, this will give additional color, and the appearance of the finished dish will be brighter.
3. Chop the onion into small cubes. But if you are fans of baked onions, then for this dish you can even cut it with not too thick slices.
4. Cut the tomato in half and divide each part into 4-6 pieces.
5. Put all the vegetables together with chicken thighs in your hands or a special package for roasting, sprinkle with seasoning (you can use “Maggi for the second for juicy chicken with herbs”), mix well and close with clips.
Lay on a baking sheet or in a heat-resistant form and send to bake in a preheated to 180 degrees oven for an hour.
6. Remove the prepared dish from the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes so that it infuses and rests.
Before serving, bake the stew put on a beautiful large dish, placing the chicken on top. If desired, you can additionally bake potatoes, or boil to a side dish of rice.
In general, the stew can be cooked from any vegetables that will be in the kitchen. Some even put a pumpkin and it turns out awesome delicious.
Whether it is a cauldron, a saucepan or a deep frying pan, any utensil is suitable for stewing. Multicooker is no exception. It also produces a magnificent stewed vegetable dish with chicken.
- Chicken meat — 0.5 kg.
- Potatoes, tomatoes — 3 pcs.
- Eggplant, zucchini, onions, carrots — 2 pcs.
- Sunflower oil — 3 tbsp. l
- Salt, garlic, ground pepper — to taste.
1. Peel all vegetables, wash and chop into cubes of the same size.
2. Cut the chicken meat in the same way in the form of cubes and send it to roast in a multi-cooker bowl in the “Frying” or “Baking” mode.
It will be enough just 10 minutes to the pieces fried until golden brown crust.
3. The second step is to send the carrot and onion to the fillet and put it all together for another 10 minutes.
4. Pour the rest of the cuts into a multi-cooker bowl, mix well with the previous ingredients and close the lid, simmer for 40-60 minutes.
During this time, you can safely go about your business, or just relax.
5. Salt and pepper the finished dish. Add a little chopped garlic, stir and let stand for another 5-10 minutes with the lid closed.
6. Serve with fresh bread and greens.
Serve can be both a la carte, and on a large common dish.
Video on cooking vegetable stew with green peas and marinated chicken fillet
And here is another delicious recipe for cooking stews with vegetables and chicken. Here we also use to cook the fillet, but it should be marinated before frying.
And also there is another «zest». Together with tomatoes in the recipe is also used home adzhika.
The finished dish turns out not only tasty, but also sunny, very beautiful and positive. Putting it on the table for dinner is always nice.
Did you know that the famous “ratatouille” is a type of our vegetable dish today? Even literally it means “bad stew”. If you want to see how to prepare it, then follow the link and there you will find 5 delicious recipes for its preparation.
In general, all today’s recipes, you can change depending on your taste and the composition of the fruits that are in your refrigerator. No zucchini, add the squash, or eggplant. Regular white cabbage can be easily replaced with color.
I tried to add even fresh cucumbers to the stew. Have you ever tried stewed cucumbers ?! By the way, no worse than other members of this group. Feel free to use pumpkin, asparagus beans, turnip. All of them are tasty and quite worthy to take a seat on your table.
You should always remember only one thing: any dish will be very tasty if you put a piece of your soul into its cooking. And also cook it with love and good mood.
Bon appetit and hearty dinner in the circle of loved ones!