How to make a festive liver roll with filling
Liver roll is a tasty and unusual dish. It will decorate not only a festive table, but also an ordinary family dinner. Using different ingredients to make a snack, you can experiment with its tastes.
Chicken liver is a low-calorie product. It is ideal for making rolls, and the cheese filling gives it a special taste.
- The first step is to prepare the main ingredient for further processing. To do this, it is removed from the film, and chicken liver is cut into small pieces;
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and put the liver, rolled in flour. Fry at a low temperature for 7-10 minutes;
- Add finely chopped onion, mix and leave on the fire for another 5 minutes;
- Salt, put sour cream. Cover and simmer until tender;
- Ready to sue the liver and put in a blender, grind to a state of mashed potatoes. At this stage, check the dish for salt. Add it if necessary;
- For the filling, rub the cheese on a fine grater;
- Spread the cling film. Put a thin layer of chicken paste on it;
- Spread the cheese filling;
- Carefully roll the liver into a roll, while holding the edges of the film;
- To form it in the form of sausage, twist and tie the edges;
- Ready snack put in the refrigerator for several hours.
When serving, you can decorate the dish with fresh herbs and tomatoes.
Beef liver is one of the most useful by-products. The roll from it turns out gentle and tasty. This appetizer looks festive and is suitable for a special occasion.
- 650 grams of beef liver;
- 200 grams of butter;
- 100 ml of water;
- cooking oil for frying;
- one large or two small bulbs;
- salt and pepper.
The preparation will take 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Calorie content is small and amounts to 149 calories per 100 grams of the finished dish.
- Prepare beef liver for frying, removing the film from it and cutting it into small pieces;
- Fry the finely chopped onion in a hot and greased frying pan for 4-6 minutes;
- Add the liver to them and reduce the heat. Pour in water, salt, pepper and simmer until tender;
- Grind cooled liver with a meat grinder several times. On a consistence it should remind mashed potatoes;
- Add a tablespoon of melted butter to the paste, stir;
- Put the mass on the spread parchment layer to 1 cm. Lubricate the entire surface with butter;
- Form a roll, twisting the edges of the dish;
- Wrap the finished snack in food foil and send in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
Before serving, the roll must be cut into slices at least a half centimeters wide. Thinner pieces may fall apart. At will the dish can be decorated with red caviar.
This type of roll is considered dietary due to the way the liver is processed. In this recipe, it is cooked and not fried in a pan. Due to this, the finished dish is less fatty and calorie.
- Half a kilo of beef liver;
- two medium carrots;
- two medium bulbs or one large;
- three tablespoons of low-fat sour cream;
- cooking oil for frying;
Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes.
Dish diet and contains 100 grams of a total of 144 calories.
- Free the liver from the film and cut into small pieces;
- Boil salted water and add liver to it. Cook until ready;
- Meanwhile, fry the finely chopped vegetables in a small amount of vegetable oil;
- Allow the ingredients to cool and then mix them together;
- Skip the liver with onions and carrots through the meat grinder. The more times to do this, the more tender the pie will be. The optimal amount is 2 times;
- Lay out on the food film in a dense layer, its thickness should not exceed one centimeter. Brush with sour cream and form a roll;
- Wrap in foil and put in fridge. After three hours the snack is ready to eat.
This diet roll goes well with boiled chicken egg. When serving, cut the finished dish and decorate it with egg halves.
Read how to make pita bread with vegetables — a quick snack, which is suitable for both a picnic and a festive feast.
A simple and tasty squash pie in a slow cooker — a step by step recipe with photos and videos.
How to cook sausages in the dough in the microwave according to our homemade recipes.
Lavash roll is an excellent snack for a festive meal. It prepares quickly, does not require heat treatment and will appeal to everyone. However, due to the presence of mayonnaise, cheese and pita, its calorie content is higher than in other liver rolls. Such a dish can be served not only for holidays, but also for lunch, dinner and even breakfast.
- one pack of cod liver (approximately 100 grams are needed);
- three hard-boiled chicken eggs;
- one large fresh cucumber or three small ones;
- five tablespoons of mayonnaise;
- 200 grams of durum cheese;
- one pack of Armenian lavash.
It will take only 30 minutes to cook.
Calorie is 198 calories per 100 grams.
- Free cod liver from the package and knead with a fork until smooth;
- Eggs, cheese and cucumber grate separately on a coarse grater;
- Pour a sheet of pita bread with mayonnaise and sprinkle evenly with cheese;
- Top with cod, then egg and cucumber;
- Roll the pita tightly into a roll, then wrap it in plastic wrap or foil;
- Put in the fridge for a few hours.
Ready roll cut when serving. The dish looks spectacular if it is decorated with pomegranate and greens. To do this, for each piece, you must first put a sprig of parsley, and then several pomegranate seeds.
Tips from experienced chefs will help make the dish more delicious and make no mistake when choosing the main ingredient:
- freshness of the liver can be determined by its uniform color. The blotches of gray and greenish spots signal the product stale;
- in order to quickly separate the whip from the liver, it must be dipped in hot water for a few minutes. After that, it will be removed without difficulty;
- if before cooking the liver soaked in milk for an hour, the finished roll will be very tender and soft;
- ground pepper can be replaced by spicy herbs. Thanks to this, the dish will acquire a rich taste;
- In addition to onions and carrots, you can add almost any component to the liver dough: potatoes, greens, garlic cream and other ingredients. They all affect the taste and make it more saturated;
- cottage cheese filling with greens is universal. It goes well with appetizers from all types of liver. For its preparation it is necessary to mix the curd with salt, a small amount of milk and chopped dill.
Cooking rolls from any kind of liver is not difficult, and the cooking process takes very little time. Even the beginning hostess will cope with it. The finished dish turns out tasty and tender. It is worth trying it once, and it will become a favorite treat on weekdays and on any holidays.