Satsivi is an authentic Caucasian national dish. Every self-respecting Georgian cook should be able to cook it. There are many interpretations of satsivi from meat, but more often it is made from turkey.
Also used for its preparation is chicken. In some variations, it is initially fried until cooked, in others it is boiled until half cooked.
According to most recipes, the nuts are crushed and immediately brewed in boiling water, but in some interpretations they are boiled with chicken.
For the preparation of satsivi, of course, it is better to take home broiler — the fat will be more aromatic and fatter, and the meat — softer.
We put a large pot of water on the stove. Scrub and wash the chicken, put in boiling water. Salt to taste, then put the cloves and leave to cook on low heat. Since the broiler is homemade, it will take at least 1.5 hours.
We clean onions and garlic. We take out the finished chicken in the dish, leave to cool.
Put a deep saucepan on the stove and put 3 tablespoons of butter. As soon as it is melted, pour out the onion cut into small cubes, passeruem until golden brown.
Add flour, gradually add ready broth and wine vinegar. The cooled meat is disassembled and cut into cubes, fry in the remaining oil with the addition of bay leaf.
Peeling walnuts. We get a coffee grinder and grind them into powder.
My and cut fresh greens. In a deep bowl lay out the nut paste, chicken yolks, greens and the remaining spices. We mix everything well, put it in a saucepan with boiling sauce, send fried chicken to the same place, take out and throw out the bay leaf.
Cut the garlic and add to the almost ready satsivi.
We give the dish to stew for another literally 5 — 9 minutes and unfold it in pots prepared in advance. We put at least 4 — 5 hours in the fridge. Satsivi can be served the next day.
- Home broiler — 1.5 — 2 kilograms;
- Onions average — 4 pieces;
- Laurel leaf — 4 pieces;
- Black pepper peas — 4 pieces;
- Carnation in the pea — 3 pieces;
- Butter or lard — 2 tablespoons;
- Chicken broth — 1.5 liters;
- Walnuts — 150 grams;
- Garlic — 2 cloves;
- Carrots — 0.5 pieces;
- Adjika — 2.5 tsp;
- Salt — to taste;
- Pomegranate beans — 2 pieces;
- Grape Vinegar 9% — 1 tablespoon;
- Hops-suneli — pinch;
- Water — 2 liters.
Peel and chop the onion in half rings. Put the butter, chopped onions into the device and turn on the Baking mode, fry to a transparent color. My chicken, obsushivaem and cut into pieces.
We peel and select good nuts, grind them in flour in a blender, add peeled garlic, adjika, vinegar and mix everything well. We take from the bowl fried onions.
Pour water into the slow cooker, put the cut bird, cloves, carrots, pomegranate. Close, select the mode «Quenching» for 2.5 hours. 25 minutes before the end of cooking, we put the prepared sauce in the bowl, hop-suneli, salt, mix and leave until the end of the preparation.
Satsivi in translation into Russian means “cold dish”, it resembles our goulash with meat, which we always warm up and eat hot, but in Georgia it is used only in the cooled form. One way to cook this dish is to bake in the oven.
- Whole chicken carcass — 1.5 kilograms;
- Garlic — 2 cloves;
- Walnuts — 250 grams;
- Hops-suneli — 2 tsp;
- Dried saffron — pinch;
- Clove — 3 grains;
- Vegetable oil or olive oil — 4 tablespoons;
- Balsamic vinegar 6% — 2 tablespoons;
- Fresh coriander — a bunch;
- Salt — to taste;
- Onions — 3 pieces;
- After chicken broth — 1 liter.
Mine, dry and cut the carcass into small pieces. Put the boil with the addition of clove grains. It takes about 1.5 hours.
Be sure to collect the appeared foam from the broth, so it will be transparent and not cloudy. We peel and we select good kernels of nuts, we overwind on the meat grinder together with the garlic cleared in advance before formation of pastelike mix.
Wrap cooked poultry tightly in foil, put on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 30 — 35 minutes at a temperature of 185 ° — 190 ° C.
Peel the onions, cut into medium cubes and stew in vegetable oil. We take out the meat from the oven, separate it from the bone, transfer it to the fried onions.
Add the broth, add the nut-garlic paste, the remaining spices, balsamic vinegar, salt and stew for another 17-20 minutes. My finely chopped cilantro and sprinkle the finished dish.
Give cool and brew for 6 — 7 hours.
A very simple recipe — chicken on the bottle in the oven. Cook and see for yourself.
Take note of the recipe for chicken in kefir in the oven, our step-by-step photos will help to make the process much easier.
Prepare chicken thighs in a multicooker for a couple — this is a diet recipe that will help diversify the menu.
- It is recommended to boil chicken or turkey a day before cooking. So the broth will settle, cool and the resulting fat can be carefully collected from the top. The dish will be more lean;
- To prepare the sauce, it is better not to chop the onion, but chop it in a blender until a mash is formed, so the dish will be more juicy;
- It is advisable to cook satsivi in a skillet with a thick bottom so that the dish is not fried, but stewed, adding broth as needed;
- The dish is perfectly complemented by pomegranate seeds and freshly baked corn tortillas;
- Nuts should only be used fresh and good. Old and spoiled will give bitterness and taste of delight. You can grind them in a blender, grinder or just a mortar, but the consistency should be homogeneous, pasty, without lumps;
- As part of satsivi should be fresh herbs, cilantro, parsley, basil — this will give an additional flavor and spicy taste to the dish;
- When cooking broth, be sure to collect the foam from above and as soon as it is ready — strain it twice through cheesecloth, so it will not be turbid, but transparent yellowish.
Before serving, guests are advised to let it brew for 7–8 hours. Eat it only cold. Enjoy your meal!