How to smoke pig ears and what tasty to cook
Restaurant dishes are tasty and fragrant. Play some of the recipes at home. One of the most unusual is the preparation of smoked meats. Pork ears combine tenderness and spice, therefore they are actively used in culinary masterpieces.
Acquired pig ears should be carefully processed before further use as food. You will need to complete the following steps:
- rinse with warm and then cold water;
- cut off all unnecessary, including stubble (it also needs to be seared);
- clean the ears with a knife;
- cut the fat that may be at the base;
- washed ears should then be put on paper towels and dried.
In order for the product to turn out to be spicy in taste and with a pleasant aroma, it is recommended to prepare a brine. Also, the ears must be pre-cooked (average heating power — 160 — 170 0). The brine itself is prepared from ingredients that are simple and available for purchase:
- onions — 1 small head;
- garlic — 3 medium-sized cloves;
- soy (or any other spicy choice) sauce — 80 ml;
- badyan — 1 star (optional);
- Dill stalks (without the most green) — 3 pcs;
- bay leaves — 2-4 pcs.
Salt and spices are selected exclusively to taste. All components should be added to the main product only after boiling water.
Brine preparation process:
- Onions and garlic cloves should be cut (can be arbitrarily), add to water;
- Add soy sauce to the water;
- Grind the stalks of dill (or put whole in water);
- Put all seasonings and spices.
Everything is good to move, then leave to boil for 20 minutes. After you need to allow the contents to cool, and then put in a cool place for 60 minutes. In order for the cartilages on the ears to become soft after smoking, you need to rub them with salt a day before cooking, and then put them in the refrigerator.
Smoked pig ears in smokehouse: the right recipe is step by step
The process of smoking in the hot way (on fire) will take a little time. For the preparation of a delicacy, the most ordinary smokehouse is used, consisting of a metal base (a bucket can be used, a large saucepan), a lid that should be tightly closed and a stand.
Grill grates are also used — they should be placed inside the selected container. Ears prepared for smoking will be placed on them. The following actions will be:
- Chips should be placed on the bottom of the smoke installation;
- Grease the grid with a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Kindle fire;
- Set the capacity (you can put on the coal in the grill).
The time until preparation is about 50 minutes.
Calorie — 211 kcal per 100 g
The product is then best cut into thin plates.
If you can not go on nature, but the delicacy to submit to the table still want, you can cook it at home (in the apartment). Used in this case, the same smokehouse or a device created by hand, but in any case there must be a water trap.
The smokehouse should be placed immediately on the stove, wood chips should be placed, pork ears should be placed on the grill, smoking should be done only under the lid so that the smoke does not spread around the apartment.
Cooking time — 30-40 minutes.
Calories per 100 g — 211 kcal.
It should be carried out 2-3 times during this period to check the product, as it can be smoked after 25 minutes.
After cooking, it is recommended to leave the ears for 1-2 hours so that they cool down, after that they should be cut and served as a snack.
They are also often used as an ingredient for tasty and nutritious salads.
A gala evening or an unusual dinner for the whole family can be decorated with a sumptuous salad, in which smoked pork ears are the main ingredient. To implement the recipe in your own kitchen you need to purchase the following products in the store:
- pork ears — 1 pc (or 2-3 small);
- fresh short-cucumber — 1 pc;
- fresh radish — 4-6 pieces;
- onion (salad) — 1 pc;
- green onions — 4-5 feathers;
- sesame oil — 40 ml;
- soy sauce — 40 ml;
- honey — 10 g;
- hot chilean pepper — 1 pc;
- garlic — 1-2 cloves.
The cooking time for a spicy salad is 30 minutes.
Calories per serving 100 g — 238 kcal.
Step by step process of cooking dishes:
- Smoked pork ears cut into thin strips;
- Wash vegetables;
- Chop the onion finely;
- Radish cut into circles (so that they are transparent);
- Cucumber peel and midsection, then cut into thin strips;
- Chop green onions;
- All components are mixed in a container;
- Make a sauce — dressing, for this in a separate container combine honey, soy sauce;
- Grind hot peppers, add to the sauce;
- Also do with garlic;
- Pour sesame oil into the sauce and mix everything.
Before serving, mix the sauce and vegetable cutting.
How to cook a delicious soup of wild duck, read our article.
Delicious buckwheat meat soup — recipes with photos and step by step recommendations.
Spicy and very fragrant version of a snack dish that can be served as a daily or a festive. The hostess must purchase products from the following list in the store:
- pork ears (hot smoked) — 2 pieces;
- soy sauce — 2 tbsp. l .;
- granulated sugar — 20 g;
- seasoning, designed for carrots in Korean (or already prepared salad) — 2 tbsp. l or 100 g;
- hot pepper (to taste, not necessarily, you can put on the table separately);
- chopped garlic — 20 g;
- apple cider vinegar — 20 ml;
- vegetable oil (sesame or olive) — 100 ml.
Preparation time of salad and sauce to it is 30 minutes.
Calorie portions per 100 g — 237 kcal.
- Cut the pork ears into a thin longitudinal straw;
- Add hot pepper;
- Chopped garlic is also placed on the meat component;
- Add apple vinegar, mix everything well (let the ingredients stand for 10-15 minutes);
- Next, create a fill — mix soy sauce, vegetable sugar;
- Then add either seasoning for the Korean carrot or the salad itself, mix everything again.
Add a fill before serving. You can decorate the salad with fresh herbs. The sauce variant can be modernized and modified using fresh lemon juice, grapefruit. Crushed nuts are also used to decorate the dish. Carrots can be used not only pickled, but also fresh with seasoning or hot spices, fried in sesame oil. Vegetable components can be expanded by adding fresh cabbage or lettuce to the dish. It can serve the finished dish. Fresh greens for decoration are also added to the salad if crushed.
How to clean the pig ears before use?
— Use a small knife (vegetable). You can also use a razor, but this option is more traumatic, so you should clean it up slowly.
What ears are best used for cooking smoked meats?
— Small in size, as they will soon become edible, and their cartilage is softer.
Do I have to boil my ears?
— Yes, the preliminary heat treatment process is obligatory, it will help make them softer.
What chips to use for smoking?
— You can use any, but the best for this purpose are alder. It is best to lay them on the foil, so that it would be easier to clean the bottom of the smokehouse afterwards. Ready-made ears are served in the classic version sliced and cooled.
Can I marinate my ears before smoking?
— Yes, it is possible, but it is also recommended to apply spices (rub pork ears with spicy seasonings), after which they should be placed in a refrigerator for a day. In order to make sure that the ears of pork are completely cleaned, they should be slightly scorched. This method will help get rid of possible missed setae.
Thus, in her culinary collection, each hostess should write not only salads cooking recipes, but also how to smoke this delicacy. It is not difficult to create it even without going to nature or to the country, but it is very important to observe accuracy and attention in this case. It is important to remember about safety and not to make fires in the apartment or open fire in any other form.