The absence of significant culinary experience is not a reason to deny yourself the pleasure to serve a classically prepared and always appropriate dish. Variants of cooking the liver are so varied that the neglect of this product by many housewives seems to be completely undeserved.
The recipes suggested in the article will force you to take a fresh look at such a familiar, but such an unusual by-product.
Recipe for pork liver in cream in a slow cooker step by step:
- The liver should be thoroughly washed, cut off all the films and removed ducts. Cut into strips or small cubes;
- Fold the prepared product in a container, fill it with milk and gently mix everything. Leave it for an hour, better in the fridge;
- In a separate bowl mix the spices, mustard, sour cream;
- Throw the liver into a colander and leave to drain for some time, so that only the milk that has been absorbed remains in the by-product;
- Pour oil into a slow cooker and warm it a little. Then put the liver in a slow cooker and, for five minutes, stirring occasionally, stir fry it in the frying mode;
- Without stopping roasting, add the onion sliced into half rings and continue cooking for another three minutes;
- Now it is necessary to fill in an almost ready dish with sour cream and mustard paste, mix the mass, and stir over the lid in the “quenching” mode for about forty minutes;
- An ideal side dish for the liver has always been considered mashed potatoes. Before serving, it is recommended to decorate the dish with a sprig of greenery.
Chicken pilaf in a pan — this dish is notable for simplicity, besides, it is not as fat as the version with lamb.
Chicken breast puree soup is a tasty and satisfying dish that everyone will like.
Read how to cook incredibly delicious grilled eggplants.
- 1 kg of beef liver;
- 2 large onions;
- spices containing salt and pepper mixture;
- 0.5 tsp. Sahara;
- 4 tbsp. l flour;
- vegetable oil.
Elapsed time — about 1.5 hours.
Calorie dishes per 100 grams — 208 kcal.
- The liver should be washed with a whole piece, then put in a saucepan and fill the dishes with cold water, leaving it for about an hour and a half;
- At the end of this time, the liver will need to be washed again under the stream water and drained in a colander;
- Then the by-product is cut into identical cubes of medium size. During the cutting process, remove the flow tubes;
- Vegetables — both onions and carrots, cut into slices (rings);
- In a slow cooker, first, in the “frying” mode, warm up half the oil. Then on top, carefully lay out the liver. It is better to lay it out not all at once, but in 2-3 steps, then all the pieces will roast evenly. When a light toasted crust is formed, it is immediately necessary to shift the frying into a separate bowl;
- Add the remaining oil to the slow cooker and immediately lay out the entire onion. As soon as the onion becomes golden, add carrots to the frying and, while stirring, keep the vegetables at the same program, another 3-4 minutes;
- Then re-transfer the liver to the device, mix the components;
- By this time, you can already cook pouring, consisting of: sour cream, flour, salt, sugar, pepper and 2 tbsp. spoons of water;
- Pour the contents of the bowl with this mixture, distribute it evenly and, in the “quenching” mode, under the lid, continue cooking for about an hour;
- After the dish is ready, it can be served on the table, decorated with several thin slices of lemon and parsley.
- 0.5 kg g chicken liver:
- 150 ml sour cream 20% fat;
- 2 medium onions;
- 3 tbsp. l flour;
- 4 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- spices containing salt and a mixture of peppers.
Elapsed time — 30 minutes.
The calorie content of a dish per 100 grams is 210 kcal.
The process of cooking chicken liver in sour cream with onions in a slow cooker:
- Pour half a portion of the oil into the slow cooker and warm it with the frying mode;
- Place the onion cut into rings in a bowl and fry it until golden for about five minutes, stirring occasionally;
- Then put the onions out of the bowl, add the remaining oil and the washed liver. Heat the by-product for about a minute, mix and distribute the previously fried onion. Cover and keep the products in the same mode, 8-10 min. During this time, you will need to open the lid twice and mix the contents of the multicooker;
- While the liver is fried, mix the sour cream, flour and spices in a separate bowl. When the measured 10 minutes are over, the lid must be reopened, pour sour cream sauce into the bowl and mix well;
- Change the program to «extinguish» and keep in this mode for 3-5 minutes;
- Chicken liver goes well with both mashed potatoes and crumbly buckwheat porridge.
- 700 grams of pork (or any other) liver;
- 2 medium onions;
- 300 grams of champignons;
- 3 tooth. garlic;
- 5 tbsp. l sour cream 20% fat;
- spices containing salt and pepper mixture;
- cooking oil for frying.
The elapsed time is 1 hour 40 minutes.
The calorie content of a dish per 100 grams of product is 219 kcal.
Recipe for liver in sour cream with mushrooms in a slow cooker in steps:
- The liver needs to be sorted out, cleaned up, if there are films, and for 1 hour pour cold water;
- While the product is soaking, you need to prepare the vegetables: polish and chop. Finely chop the onion, chop the garlic into thin slices, chop the mushrooms;
- Then get the liver, dry with paper napkins and cut into small cubes.
- Preheat the vegetable oil in the «frying» program;
- Separately, fry the vegetables with the lid open for about five minutes, then add the mushrooms and continue frying for another 8 minutes;
- While cooking vegetables with mushrooms, in a deep plate you need to mix the flour with salt and pepper. In this free-flowing mixture, carefully wrap the liver pieces;
- When the mushrooms are ready, pour the slices into the bowl of the slow cooker and warm them for three minutes. Then pour the sour cream on top, mix everything vigorously and continue cooking the dish already under the lid, in the “quenching” mode, for about 20 minutes.
- frozen meat will always be somewhat harder to taste than fresh, therefore, before cooking, it must be kept in cold milk for about an hour;
- the fresh product should not smell with a sour shade, it is a sign of rancidity. A good liver has sweet notes of flavor;
- chicken and turkey liver can not be red. Its natural color is rich brown, without blood nodules and unnecessary films.
- if you do not remove the film and streaks with beef liver, then the finished dish can be bitter and have an unaesthetic appearance.
Any liver — beef, pork or chicken — is a unique set of vitamin, amino acid and mineral compounds.
Prepared correctly and in compliance with the optimum temperature, this by-product provides the body with a full-fledged daily rate of vitamin A and such valuable elements as zinc, magnesium and phosphorus.