How to cook baked duck in foil in the oven
Duck cooked in foil in the oven — this is truly a gorgeous festive dish! The taste of roasted duck meat differs from other types of meat in its piquancy and singularity. But in order to cook a really tasty duck, you should follow a number of certain established rules and regulations.
Since duck meat is quite fat, it should not be roasted over an open fire. Otherwise, in the process of frying, all fat from the bird will be drowned and drained, and the meat will become dry, tasteless and tough. You can stew a duck in a thick-walled cauldron. But still, with baked in the oven — it can not be compared!
Since the foil is capable of maintaining the set temperature inside the bundle for a long time, while preserving the juiciness of the products and not allowing them to be burnt outside.
The so-called effect of the “Russian stove” is being created. And, besides, it is very convenient: you do not need to wash the container for baking after the end of cooking, there is no need to mess with dough or clay.
Yes, of course, foil will not replace the flavor of baked dough, but this is a very personal choice of preferences.
In order for duck meat to turn out soft and juicy, the main thing is to choose the right bird. First, it should be homemade (farmer), with a moderate fat content. The most juicy meat in the indouka, the so-called musk ducks.
Purchased duck must be checked for feathers or feather stumps. If available, delete. Then the carcass must quickly pitch over an open flame. If you overdo the carcass over the fire, then the internal fat will start to melt, and this, in turn, is fraught with dryness in the meat.
After this operation, the meat will get a pleasant smoky flavor. After that, the bird should be rinsed in hot water, dried using paper towels and proceed to cutting and marinating.
Marinating is a very important stage of cooking, which cannot be avoided if you want your duck to be juicy and soft. Wine marinade, marinade made from cherries, citrus or lime juice will help to partially get rid of stiffness.
It also gives juiciness stuffing duck apples, sliced lemon slices or berries of lingonberry. Acidic ingredients give fatty meat a special piquant shade, in combination with them, the meat is easier to digest and assimilate.
And finally: the duck must be wrapped in food foil and baked in the oven for 3-4 hours at 150 0 C.
How to cook duck in foil in the oven:
- In a small bowl prepare the marinade: combine honey, soy sauce, mustard, salt and a mixture of peppers;
- Rub the prepared carcass of the indouin outside and inside with the prepared marinade;
- White sweet onions chop large straws, and then stuff them with a bird. Just put inside and whole lemon;
- Next, the carcass must be sewn up and laid on a baking sheet made with foil, if you still have chopped onion in the process of stuffing — spread it around the bird. Lift the edges of the foil, tightly seal the duck and send to the refrigerator for 5 hours;
- Bake pickled birds at 150 ° C for 3 hours. 12-15 minutes before the end of roasting, unfold the top of the foil — the bird will redden;
- Before serving, remove the threads, decorate the duck with lemon slices, baked onions and fresh greens.
- filtered water — 3.5 l;
- natural apple vinegar — 0.5 liters;
- a mixture of peppers — 10 g;
- laurel leaf — 7 pcs .;
- 10 garlic cloves;
- dill — a bunch;
- duck (processed) — 1 pc .;
- sour apples — 6-7 pcs .;
- cranberries — 150 g;
- lemon juice — 2 tbsp .;
- honey — 1 tbsp.
- basil (dry) — 1 tsp;
- vegetable oil — 2 tbsp.
Cooking time: 2.5 hours.
Energy value per 100 g: 310 kcal.
- Prepare a sour marinade: Dissolve apple cider vinegar in cold water and throw laurel leaves and dill in it. Then dip into it the gutted duck carcass, press it down with a load and leave to marinate for 2 hours;
- In the meantime, prepare the apples. Cut them into slices, sprinkle with lemon juice and mix with cranberries;
- In a small bowl, combine salt, basil, and a mixture of peppers. Prepare a mixture of rubbed pickled duck (inside and out);
- Then fill the bird’s tummy with apples and cranberries and stitch it with thread or chop it off with toothpicks;
- Prepare the sauce separately: combine honey, vegetable oil and garlic cloves passed through the press. Divide the sauce in 2 parts. One part rub the top of the duck, and the second set aside;
- Wrap the duck in several layers of foil and put in a preheated to 160 0 C oven. Bake for 2.5 hours;
- 7-10 minutes before the end of baking, unfold the top of the foil, grease the carcass with the second part of the sauce and bake to a blush.
How to cook vegetable cutlets in our article.
Do you know how to cook soup with oyster mushrooms? Read here.
Read how to cook beef tartare. Despite the unusual dish, very tasty.
- gutted duck — 1 pc .;
- potatoes — 1 kg;
- champignons — 0.3 kg;
- salt coarse;
- Spices “To potato” — 10 g;
- Shallots — 1 pc .;
- red wine — 0.5 l;
- filtered water — 2 liters;
- sour cream — 100 g
Cooking time: 3 hours.
The number of kcal per 100 g: 322.
Phased cooking description:
- Prepare a wine marinade: combine the filtered water with red wine. Dip gutted duck in cooked marinade and leave for 1.5 hours;
- After the allotted time, remove the carcass from the marinade, dry with paper napkins and rub the inside and outside with coarse salt;
- Cut the peeled potatoes into small slices and combine with the shredded onion and mushrooms. Season the vegetables with the “To Potato” spice mixture, and then fill the duck carcass with them. That which does not fit together is spread out around the duck;
- Place the bird on a double piece of foil, spread around the remaining potatoes with mushrooms and wrap;
- Bake chicken with potatoes and mushrooms for 3 hours at a temperature of 140 ° C. 20 minutes before the end of cooking, unfold the foil, brush the sour cream over the duck and continue baking until golden brown;
- Serve the ready-made poultry to the table along with the potatoes that have been baked around it. Separately, you can apply mushroom sauce.
Components for cooking:
- duck carcass — 2.5 kg;
- liquid honey — 3 tbsp.
- large table salt;
Ingredients for pickling:
- sesame oil — 25 ml;
- honey — 30 g;
- soy sauce «Classic» — 50 ml;
To prepare the hoisin sauce:
- sesame oil — 1 tbsp. l .;
- soy sauce — 75 ml;
- wine vinegar — 10 ml;
- salt, black pepper, hot pepper, garlic powder — 1 tsp.
Cooking time: 2 hours
Nutritional value per 100 g: 306 kcal.
- Sliced processed duck carcass with coarse salt and refrigerate overnight;
- The next day, pour the boiling water over the bird several times and then chop it all around with air. This is done with a thick needle syringe;
- Then cook the marinade: combine sesame oil, honey and soy sauce. Wipe the duck with this marinade every half hour (for 4 hours);
- Preheat the oven to 250 ° C. Pour water on a baking sheet and place the grate on top. Put the pickled duck on the wire rack, cover with the top with foil and bake for 1 hour. Then reduce the temperature to 150 ° C and bake for another 1 hour;
- Prepare the sauce «Hoisin»: combine all the necessary ingredients and grind to homogeneity;
- Cut the finished duck into thin slices and serve to the table along with the sauce, pickled cucumbers and green onions.
Ingredients for cooking:
- indoutine — 2.5-3 kg;
- oranges — 7 pcs .;
- liquid honey — 7-8 tbsp .;
- soy sauce — 25 ml;
- a mixture of «Provencal herbs» — 10 g;
- mustard — 1 tbsp. l .;
- garlic — 1 head;
- lingonberry — 150 g;
- coarse salt;
- a mixture of fragrant peppers.
Preparation time: 2.5 hours.
Nutritional value per 100 g: 307 kcal.
- Prepare the oranges: 1 leave to serve at the table, and remove the zest from the others and squeeze the juice. Combine orange juice with honey and ½ part of Provencal herbs. Put the mixture on the fire and cook until thick, then remove from the heat and mix with mustard and soy sauce;
- Rub the duck from all sides with salt, pepper, remaining herbs and crushed garlic. Inside, place the orange zest and lingonberries. Pinch the tummy with toothpicks;
- Put the duck on a piece of foil, carefully coat the orange sauce prepared earlier and put on baking at 140 0 C. Fold the foil a quarter of an hour before cooking, re-grease the duck with orange sauce and continue cooking.
- When the bird is covered with a delicious crust, remove it from the oven and serve it to the table.
In order to better duck soaked «inside» marinade — use a thick needle syringe. Fill the syringe with marinade and chop the carcass.
More musty smell and tough meat in old birds. That is why, try to choose a duck younger.
If it is not a domestic duck that will be used for cooking, but a wild duck, it must be soaked in clean water for several hours (water should be changed several times). Thus the smell of tina is removed.