Today, a good duck is not a shortage; you can find it in the store and in the meat market. It can be an alternative to the goose — almost all the «goose» recipes are suitable for duck. For example, this cooking option, like a duck with prunes, apples or rice.
Cooking Duck Stew with Prunes:
- Wash the duck carcass, dry and cut into small pieces;
- Roll meat in a mixture of salt and pepper;
- Heat the refined oil in a heavy saucepan or pan and fry the meat pieces on all sides;
- Garlic cloves lightly crush, not removing the husk;
- Cut tomatoes into four parts;
- Crush prunes with a knife (flat side). It is not necessary to grind it;
- Pour wine to the duck, put tomatoes, prunes, garlic and 2 sprigs of rosemary;
- Duck stew 40 minutes under the lid and 10 minutes without it;
- You can sprinkle the prepared dish with rosemary.
Baked duck with apples and prunes in the oven
Usually we consider baked duck with apples as a festive dish and we cook only on important occasions, for example, at Christmas.
- 100 g prunes (pitted);
- 300 g fresh spinach;
- 1 carcass chilled duck;
- 0.5 kg Antonov apples;
- leaf lettuce — for decoration;
- a pinch of freshly ground pepper;
- salt — to taste.
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes. In one portion 100 g: 355 kcal.
- Prepare a duck carcass: remove the remaining feathers, if necessary, singe on the fire. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Inside and outside rub with salt, freshly ground pepper;
- Prepare the filling. To do this, cut the apples into medium pieces, decide whether to peel them or not, decide for yourself, but it is better to cut the middle part;
- Mix the apples with prunes, which simply cut in half, you do not need to soften it, because the meat will cook for a long time. Add pepper, salt, leaf spinach to balls;
- Stuff the bird tightly enough with apples and prunes and sew. Tie the legs with a thread, and pin the wings to the carcass with toothpicks;
- Pour in a little water on a baking sheet, put the duck back down and send it to a well-heated oven. Recommended temperature: 180ºC. Duck weighing 1 kg cook 60 minutes, if the bird is two kilogram, then 2 hours;
- As soon as the duck begins to brown, reduce the temperature and often water it with the juice that is released during cooking;
- Put the finished bird on the board, remove the threads and toothpicks, remove the stuffing. Cut the duck into portions using special poultry shears. Put the duck pieces on a flat dish, give them the shape of a whole carcass. Lay out the apples with prunes around.
If there are no eggs in the refrigerator, this does not mean that there will be no baking for tea. We offer you a selection of cakes without eggs, which do not differ in taste.
Take note of the recipe for cottage cheese casserole of semolina semolina.
How to make a useful protein omelet for a couple, read here.
It is recommended to stuff rice with a fat bird. Moreover, the product is not used separately, but in combination with prunes.
- 1 bag of steamed rice;
- 10 pieces of prunes.
- 40 g of refined oil;
- 4 garlic cloves;
- for juice half a lemon;
- season to taste;
- bay leaf — 2 leaves.
Cooking time: 2 hours. Caloric content of 100 g: 348 kcal.
- Rice boil a little bit;
- Preheat oven to 200ºC;
- Prepare the dressing: whip garlic, lemon juice, refined oil, salt and pepper in the blender bowl. Outside, rub the duck with the resulting mixture, and inside with salt and leave for 30 minutes;
- Prepare the filling: mix the rice with the chopped prunes;
- Stuff the bird with stuffing, sew the abdomen with threads or fasten with wooden toothpicks;
- To prevent legs and wings from burning, wrap them with foil;
- Put the bird breast up on a baking sheet, sprinkle some water and put in the oven for 1.5 hours;
- During cooking, often water the bird with the release of fat and juice;
- Remove the foil half an hour before the end of frying;
- Put the prepared duck on the oval dish, decorate with fresh sprigs of parsley.
There are many stereotypes around food, for example, that it is impossible to combine meat with sweets. But we assure you that it is not. Our advice: use dried fruits, pineapple, yogurt. Due to these components, an ordinary meatloaf will be amazingly tasty.
- 60 g of refined oil;
- 100 ml of natural yogurt;
- 0.5 kg duck breast fillet;
- salt and pepper to taste;
- 150 g of canned pineapples;
- 200 grams of prunes;
- leek to decorate rolls.
Cooking requires: 1 hour. For one portion of 100 g is necessary: 368 kcal.
How to make rolls:
- Cut the duck fillet and lay it out like a book. Pulp off, salt, pepper, brush with natural yoghurt and leave for 15 minutes;
- Prepare the stuffing: pineapple slices, prune chop straws. Put the stuffing on the duck pulp and form a roll;
- Cut a thin ribbon from a leek stem, put it in boiling water to make it soft and elastic. Bind a roll with this ribbon;
- Fry the roll in hot oil on all sides, pour a little pineapple juice from the jar, cover the pan with a lid. Stew until fully cooked;
- Serve the meatloaf on the lettuce leaves. Lay out the pineapple and prune slices.
Duck flesh is pretty tough, so a great way to cook it is to stew it in a slow cooker. In addition to prunes, take oranges as a duck companion; fruit acid is very suitable for it.
- duck — 1 small carcass;
- prunes — 8 pcs;
- orange — 2 pieces;
- half a lemon;
- refined olive oil — 40 ml;
- soft mustard with kernels — 15 g;
- ground pepper — 2 g;
- fine salt — 10 g
Time: 40 min. In one portion 100 g: 310 kcal.
- Cut the duck carcass into pieces and place in the multicooker bowl, add some oil, turn on the appropriate mode for frying;
- After roasting, mashed prunes and put on duck. Do not peel the orange; cut it directly into the peel in thick circles;
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon halves and cook the marinade. To do this, combine the juice with mustard, season with spices, add olive oil and mix;
- Pour the marinade over the duck with prunes, spread the oranges on top and leave for 15 minutes; Close the device, turn on the «stewing» mode by selecting the poultry meat in the menu.