One of the specific and special to taste products that are not used in all dishes, are dried mushrooms. They do not lose their useful qualities during drying. One of the popular blanks for the winter is just considered to be dried mushrooms, presented in the form of various “garlands” on threads.
There are several options for drying mushrooms:
- On the street, in the open air. At the same time, the weather should be quite sunny, warm and dry. Mushrooms need to be strung on a fairly strong thread, you can use a fishing line. They should be hung in such a way that they do not touch each other. By the time the duration of drying takes about a week;
- In the oven (oven). Mushrooms are evenly laid out on a wire rack or a regular baking sheet. The temperature is set at about 55-75 degrees, and the door should be ajar.
The best option, in the ignorance of all types of mushrooms, is a regular store or market where you can always buy a ready-to-cook product. The main advantage is the duration of their storage, up to three years. However, be sure to follow the process of storage. There should be no moisture that contributes to the appearance of mold.
You can recognize what sort of dried mushrooms are. The highest grade includes dried caps. To a lower grade are those where there are both caps and legs. The variety can always be seen by looking at the packaging. Also on the package indicates the proportion of calories.
When choosing a product, it is important that it is solid, not brittle, and does not crumble. If the mushroom is cut, it will be difficult to understand what kind of species it belongs to.
Dried mushrooms can diversify the menu of dishes very well. Of these, you can easily cook spicy soup, immaculate sauce, various salads, add them to vegetables and make them fillings for pancakes or cutlets.
Before preparing a particular dish, it is necessary to sort out dried mushrooms and rinse thoroughly several times. Next you need to pour them with cold water for a couple of hours. You can also leave them soaked overnight. Then the mushrooms can be cooked until they are completely soft and then cook according to the chosen recipe.
In order to prepare a certain dish from them, you must first soak them in water for a while, then cook in the same water. The water in which they were cooked can be left in the future and used to make incredibly tasty first courses.
In the boiled form they can be used both in a cut form and as a whole. You can also use them in the form of crackers, chop up on cooked dishes, because their flavor and taste are very rich and pleasant.
There are many recipes using dried porcini mushrooms. One of them, which is simple and easy to prepare, is described below.
For its preparation will need:
- Dried porcini mushrooms — 30 g .;
- Tomatoes — 400 g;
- White bread — 200 g .;
- Greens — at the discretion;
- Fresh garlic — 1 clove;
- Medium sized onions — 1 pc .;
- Butter (non-spread) creamy — 2 tsp;
- Vinegar — 1 tbsp. spoon;
- Lemon juice — 1 tsp;
- Salt, pepper — at the request of the cook;
- Olive oil — 2 tsp.
1 step. Mushrooms soak for about 1 hour. Then drain the water and cut them into strips.
2 step. Cut tomatoes into strips.
3 step. Chop the greens.
4 step. Finely chop the onion and fry in the prepared butter. Add some water to the bow. Add half the chopped greens and mushrooms. Boil for 3-5 minutes. Then fill with vinegar, add lemon juice, salt, pepper.
5 step. Bread cut into neat cubes and lightly fry in olive oil until crisp.
6 step. Mix with tomatoes, finely chopped garlic, greens, onions and the remaining mushrooms.
This salad will surprise guests with its elegance and taste.
There are some kinds of mushrooms that belong to Chinese cuisine. Their cooking is not much different from ordinary cooking. First you need to soak them in water for about an hour. Then they can be added to any dishes — salad, meat, vegetables, and also to cook soup from them.
Dried shiitake need to pour warm water for 2 hours, better, of course, all night. If you do not have time, you can pour warm water with sugar. After soaking, gently squeeze, chop.
The water in which the shiitake was located can be drained through cheesecloth and then added to the soup or steamed vegetables.
The salad is very easy to prepare, and the taste is just fascinating.
- Shiitake (dried) — 40 g .;
- Onions — 0.5 pcs .;
- Carrot — 1 pc .;
- Bulgarian pepper — 1 pc .;
- Vinegar — 0.5 tsp;
- Salt, spices at the request of the chef;
- Soy sauce;
- Vegetable oil.
1 step. After soaking shiitake squeeze and leave to dry.
2 step. On sunflower oil (rast.) Fry the onion with garlic, add spices and salt to taste. After roasting add vinegar and soy sauce, mix.
3 step. Pepper and carrots cut into strips, mix.
4 step. In a carrot and pepper, add a mixture of pan, mix. Salad ready. Can be served with dusted greens.
Wood mushrooms can be used as a supplement to the dish, and as a main dish. Well they are combined with meat and seafood. You can add to the soup, as well as prepare salads.
The smell is weak, not pronounced, which still gives the dish a refined taste and aroma. Mostly appreciated for their crispy and dense texture.
- Dried wood mushrooms — 100 g;
- Cucumber (elastic, fresh) — 2 pcs .;
- Garlic — enough 2 cloves;
- Oyster sauce — 1 tsp;
- Vinegar — 1 tsp;
- Salt — about 1.5 tsp;
- Sesame oil — 2 tbsp. spoons.
Dried mushrooms, pre-soaked in water, squeeze, peel and cut.
Boil for about 40 minutes so that they do not soften. Then cool. Cucumbers, chopped, add salt, mix and leave for 20 minutes. After squeeze.
Mix all ingredients with chopped garlic and vinegar. Dress with sauce and butter (sesame).
How to fry your favorite dish — dried mushrooms with potatoes
One of the most popular and simple recipes is “fried potatoes with mushrooms”. Initially, you need to prepare the mushrooms, soaking them in water for about 2-3 hours for their swelling.
Then squeeze, cut into strips, fry with onions in vegetable oil. After that, add the chopped potatoes and fry, stirring until the potatoes are ready. At the end of the dish you can sprinkle with herbs.
How to cook fragrant mushroom soup of dried mushrooms
Dried mushrooms are popular for cooking various soups. Before you start cooking this dish, you must soak them for at least 3-4 hours. You can leave them soaked overnight.
- Dried mushrooms — 250 g;
- Potatoes — 3 pcs .;
- Onion — 1 pc .;
- Small carrots — 1 pc .;
- Sunflower oil (for frying);
- Processed cheese (optional) — 100 g;
- Spices (greens; salt, ground pepper) — at the discretion of the cook.
1 step. Mushrooms, soaked in the evening, wash and cut into small strips.
2 step. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Make the fire less, add a little salt and cook for about an hour. The readiness of mushrooms can be determined by lowering them to the bottom.
3 step. Add chopped potatoes to mushrooms.
4 step. Onions, carrots, finely chopped and fry.
5 step. Mix roasted vegetables with potatoes and mushrooms.
6 step. Add cream cheese, salt and pepper. Boil for 15 minutes.
7 step. Soup should brew 10-16 minutes. Add greens and can be served.
Learn how to properly and tasty fry potatoes with mushrooms in a slow cooker. Recipes for a delicious dish.
Soup of mashed potatoes with melted cheese and mushrooms — having tried this recipe once you will surely repeat it many more times.
A few tips in proper preparation, application and preparation of mushrooms:
- After cleaning the mushrooms, it is necessary to insist them for about 40 minutes in cool water to sand. After that, they need to be washed several times in clean water, preferably salted — this helps cleanse the worms. To avoid blackening, you can put them in water with the addition of salt and vinegar;
- During storage, some mushrooms may slightly crumble. Do not throw these crumbs. They can be ground into powder and used to add to various sauces, as well as to broth, steamed vegetables and meat;
- Mushrooms must be fried before stewing. During frying, enough liquid will come out and they will decrease in size;
- When salting it is good to use dill — it gives a refined taste and a pleasant smell. You can also add horseradish, which gives a pleasant sharpness and protects from the deacidification of mushrooms. An abandoned bay leaf will add a special flavor. It will not be superfluous to add a small amount of cinnamon and cloves.
Mushrooms are a unique product that is not only delicious, but in some cases brings considerable health benefits. Their use in various dishes will delight not only family members, but will surprise even the most fastidious guest with their specific tastes.