What is julienne? Few people know that in France this is the name of a special way of cutting young vegetables into thin straws. Usually they cut vegetables in the summer season for soups and salads.
Salads, sliced from them in the form of thin ringlets or straws, are in France such a beautiful name. Cold summer soups are also made from vegetables. We have a kind of analogue okroshka.
In our country, this dish is directly associated with finely chopped mushrooms with chicken and cream sauce, baked with cheese. This is a very tasty dish! I’m sure you will like it. And you will do it not only for the arrival of guests, but also to cook for yourself.
After all, when guests come, such a tasty snack is always eaten first. It happens that you do not even have time to try. And when you cook for yourself, you can slowly enjoy the delicate taste of such a magnificent dish.
Recently, people have often asked whether it is possible to make a snack, as it is unusual. Of course you can, then it is culinary art, to create a variety of forms and tastes from ordinary everyday products.
So, for example, in addition to the classic version of cooking, there is also a beautiful way of serving meals in tartlets.
- chicken fillet — 500-700 gr.
- fresh champignons — 250 gr (or other mushrooms)
- onion — 2-3 pcs.
- hard cheese — 150-200 gr.
- butter — 2 tbsp. l
- vegetable oil — 1 tbsp. spoon
For sour cream sauce:
- sour cream 20% -150-200 gr.
- flour — 2 tbsp.
- butter — 2 tbsp. spoons
- broth or cream — 0.5 cup
- salt, pepper — to taste
1. Ready sour cream sauce. Heat the pan slightly, put flour in it. Dry, stirring constantly, until brown, it is not necessary to fry, only slightly dry. Flour thus acquires a light nutty smell.
2. Add a piece of butter, continue to interfere.
3. Pour sour cream, mix well again.
4. Add a little cream, or chicken broth, quickly stir so as not to form lumps, salt and pepper.
5. The sauce should turn out pretty thick.
1. Onions cut into cubes, as small as possible. Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the onion in it until light.
2. Boil the mushrooms for 10-15 minutes, then cut them into strips. Add a spoonful of vegetable oil and mushrooms to onions. Salt, pepper, fry mushrooms with onions.
3. Boil chicken fillet in salted water until cooked. Then separate the meat from the bones and cut into strips.
4. Mix all ingredients.
5. Then decompose this mixture into cocottes (cocottes are special metal or clay portioned cups for cooking julien).
6. Top with sour cream sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese.
7. Chicken, onions and mushrooms can be mixed with sour cream sauce, and then spread out on coconuts and sprinkle with cheese.
8. Put the cocottes in a cold oven and bake at a temperature of 180-190 degrees until the cheese melts for 10-15 minutes.
10. You can also put them in the microwave and bake until the cheese is melted.
If there are no coconuts, then you can use small refractory portions of salad bowls. If there are no mushrooms, then you can make a snack without them (use chicken, onions, sour cream sauce and cheese).
Serve as a hot snack. It tastes better! But the cold, too, can be eaten, so who likes what.
- Tartlets — 1 pack
- Chicken fillet — 1 piece
- Onion — 1 piece
- Champignons — 300 g
- Vegetable oil
- Cream 20% or sour cream — 150 g
- Sourdough flour (if you use sour cream) — 2 tablespoons
- Cheese — 150 g
- Salt, spices
- Onion cut into cubes, as small as possible. Melt the butter in a pan and fry the onions until transparent.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken fillet into strips, salt and pepper. Add chicken to the fried onions.
- Mushrooms cleaned and cut into strips. As soon as the chicken has been fried on both sides, add mushrooms to it. We evaporate the moisture and add a little broth, close the lid.
- After 10 minutes, pour the dish with cream, stir until thick.
- When using sour cream, dilute it in 50 ml of cold broth. Bring sour cream and broth to a boil and add 2 tbsp. spoons of browned flour (flour, lightly fried in a skillet).
- Cheese rubbed on a coarse grater. Baking tray with baking paper. We spread in tartlets billet and sprinkle with grated cheese on top. Expose on a baking sheet.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees and set to bake for 20-25 minutes.
This recipe is only suitable for champignons, they cook faster than regular mushrooms. If you use other mushrooms, they must be fried and cooked separately in the pan.
Tartlets can be used both puff and sand, in a package of 6 or 8 pieces.
So we prepared two different versions of the Julien. Try, compare what you like more. And share with us your feelings.