Adjika is two in one: both sauce and seasoning. She came to us from the Middle East, was originally very spicy, but Russian mistresses adapted the dish to our Slavic cuisine and adjika can be found on Russian feasts for a long time.
Adzhika did not accidentally become so popular. It goes well with meat products, salads, pasta, giving them a more original taste. You can eat it, even just spreading it on a sandwich.
By the way, it can “update” many old recipes that are a bit tired. Many people just love it, and some, because of its sharpness, do not really like this snack.
There are a lot of recipes for this simple dish and not all versions of adzhika contain garlic and pepper in large quantities, their number can be freely adjusted in the recipe. Preparing this dish is very simple, it is not necessary to be a skillful cook.
Method and stages of cooking:
- So, soak horseradish;
- While he is soaked, wash and clean the vegetables. At the peppers, we cut off the stem and remove all the seeds carefully;
- Then we cut all the ingredients so that it is convenient to grind them through a meat grinder. A sliced vegetable or fruit should freely penetrate into the neck of the meat grinder and not get stuck, otherwise it will slow down all the work;
- It is desirable that the grinder grind the ingredients as small as possible, so adjika will acquire a more original taste;
- Put the mixture on low heat and bring to a boil. If the mixture turns out too thick, you can add half a glass of water, but this should be done as a last resort. If the adjika is still thick, it is better to finish the work, despite this, and when serving, just add some vegetable oil to the snack;
- In some recipes, butter is added as soon as the vegetables are processed. In fact, it all depends on the thickness, if tomato paste was used instead of fresh tomatoes, then it is better to add vegetable oil before cooking. If the mixture turned out to be liquid (tomatoes usually give a lot of juice), then add it better at the end to guess the exact amount of oil you need;
- As soon as the mass began to boil — immediately remove from heat. With this we will preserve all the nutrients of vegetables and fruits and at the same time kill the harmful bacteria that cause fermentation processes. After boiling, add a little vinegar to enhance the taste (1-2 teaspoons), to taste the sugar and salt (salt should be two times more than sugar). Stir the entire mixture thoroughly. Then we pour them in cans and put them in the fridge on the lower shelf.
We present to your attention an interesting recipe, in which horseradish is not needed, and the apples are also not used:
There is a variant of a sharper adjika recipe. Especially for those who like snacks hot and spicy. The amount of pepper and garlic can be changed.
Ingredients of acute adzhika:
- Tomatoes — 2 kg;
- Horseradish root sticks — 3-4 pcs .;
- Garlic — 150-200 g;
- Sugar and salt;
- 1 cup of vinegar;
- 10 sweet peppers;
- 10 bitter peppers;
- Vegetable oil — 2-3 tbsp. spoons.
- We do everything the same as in paragraph 1 of the previous recipe: we skip all vegetables through a meat grinder, and horseradish soaked in advance;
- Next, knead the butter in the mixture (2-3 tablespoons, but if the adzhika is dry, then you should add a little more oil), sugar and salt to taste. You can take the spices of parsley and dill, and you can fresh, depending on the time of year. Then add a bite to taste and pour into banks;
- Adjika should be allowed to stand in a cool dark place for 2 or 3 days, in winter you can even leave it on a cold balcony if the temperature does not rise more than 7 degrees Celsius. The mixture can be infused in the fridge on the lowest shelf where it is the least cold, otherwise the original taste may be distorted.
This recipe is not recommended to use if you have health problems, namely with the gastrointestinal tract, horseradish, garlic and bitter pepper in themselves are not harmful products, but in certain situations can worsen your health! If there are any problems, it is better to choose a less acute recipe.
And here is the video recipe for this spicy snack:
The following recipe is the preparation of a less acute adzhika in the simplest way, namely without cooking. It is suitable as a good sauce for almost any meat dish, for pasta, for meat salads with an abundance of greens, appetizers (bread and meat).
Cooking time — a maximum of half an hour. The recipe is also suitable for those cases when it is necessary to cook the sauce to the table very quickly.
So, we will need:
- Tomatoes — 3 kg;
- Horseradish roots — 200 g;
- Garlic — 2-4 heads to taste;
- Hot peppers (if you are going to cook spicy adjika);
- Salt — 3 tablespoons.
Step-by-step recipe for simple adzhika:
- All products washed and cleaned (garlic and horseradish). Horseradish soak for an hour in filtered (any purified) water;
- Cut tomatoes into slices. The size is arbitrary, such that it slips into the neck of the meat grinder;
- All ingredients are passed through a meat grinder. If you decide to use pepper after all (it’s about seasoning), put a bag on the meat grinder — the pepper burns your eyes. Tomatoes can be cooked while horseradish is soaked to save time;
- Mix everything thoroughly, serve to the table in a saucepan. If adjika is still left after filing, it can be poured into the banks. Keep always in the refrigerator.
You can also sprinkle with parsley or any other herbs to taste.
The recipe is one of the most popular, you can add anything from greens and spices, and you get a completely different taste.
The entire cooking process can be viewed step by step in the video:
There is an even simpler recipe for cooking adzhika without cooking, which consists of only three ingredients: 1 kg of tomatoes, minced beforehand in a meat grinder, 6-7 pieces of garlic and salt.
Mix the tomatoes (pre-add salt) with milled garlic and pour the mixture into pre-sterilized jars. We withstand a couple of hours, you need to give the salt evenly distributed, and then roll it up and set it in a cool and dark place.
It is good to do this fall in the fall as stocks for the winter. Especially when there is an extra crop. This is the easiest version of adzhika in «twist».
In some cookbooks, it is written that adjika can then be further heated if it has been standing in the fridge for a long time. However, it is not recommended to do this, adjika can thus lose its original taste.
Especially when warming up in the microwave. It is best to get it out of the refrigerator in advance, pour it into plates and allow the room to soak up the heat. Plus, they eat adjika mostly with hot dishes, so there’s no point in warming it up.
Vitamins, of course, will be less than with partial heat treatment, but then you will have an almost 100% guarantee that the adjika will be suitable for a whole year. Store, as always, in a cool and dark place.
Many hostesses on the basis of non-acute adjika make simple salads as an addition to the main dish, for example, when serving meat and fried potatoes. Simply cut fresh vegetables and add adjika. Red pepper, tomatoes, green onions, onions, all kinds of greens, radishes and so on are best suited.
Ajika is well combined with stewed beans and beans. You just need to boil the beans, separately extinguish the onions with grated carrots and add adjika. It is especially well combined with basil, dill and parsley.
Adjika can also be added to soups, but only sharp enough, otherwise its little bit will not be felt. The dish will then acquire a more «oriental» taste.
What is sold on the street next to shawarma and pies? That’s right, chebureks! So, do not buy them, because they can be of dubious quality. Better cook yourself. Step by step photo recipes pasties with meat, cheese and other fillings. Once prepared, you will realize that there can be no better than homemade pasties.
About how to pickle salmon, read here. There are many ways, find your own!
What could be better snacks on the holiday table? Never mind! A hot dish was brought and carried away, and snacks adorn the table constantly. Therefore, you can eat them at any time of the holiday. Take note of the various recipes for all kinds of snacks. And enjoy your meal!
By the way, adzhika is very useful for health, as if those who do not like it would say badly about it. Garlic, pepper, horseradish great fight against many viruses, bacteria and other pests. And it stimulates digestion, awakens appetite and warms.
We all sometimes want to pamper yourself and loved ones with something tasty or new dish with an original sauce. Skimming through the recipes, it is impossible not to notice the significant benefits for the body of this dish, because it contains a huge amount of ingredients rich in various vitamins.
But you also should not lose sight of the possible risk to deterioration in health. Trust your own feelings and follow the measure!