How to cook salmon steamed in a slow cooker and steamer
Steamed salmon is low-calorie and easy to digest by the body. Cooking can be carried out both in a slow cooker and in a double boiler. You can cook the fish immediately with a side dish with a couple. For this perfect potato.
A very good mix for salmon will be vegetables, such as paprika, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini. Black and white ground pepper, oregano, rosemary and lemon juice are suitable as seasonings to improve the taste.
Salmon is considered to be oily fish, so not many believe that it can be included in the diet menu. But this is a misconception. This is due to the fact that this fish will include amino acids in its composition, which significantly accelerate the rate of metabolic processes. But the proteins and minerals included in the rest of the composition enrich the body without the risk of weight gain.
In the process of heat treatment, fish, of course, loses a huge part of its useful properties, so it is recommended to steam it, where, basically, the necessary components are preserved.
In 100 grams of salmon, steaming, contains 153 kcal. Based on this, we can conclude that it is perfect for a diet menu.
Salmon does not require the use of a large variety of spices. The simpler the cooking, the tastier the fish is.
How to cook salmon steamed in a double boiler:
- To clean a layer of scales from fish, wash and cut into pieces of the required size;
- Sprinkle with ground white pepper and mix well;
- Pour fish with vegetable oil and lemon quarter juice. Also cut a few slices of lemon and put to the fish. Mix;
- Set aside for 10 minutes;
- Put the fish in one steamer in one layer without overlapping each other;
- Cooking in a double boiler lasts 20 minutes.
In order to prepare this dish, you will need:
- 0.3 kg salmon;
- 0.5 kg of potatoes;
- 1000 ml of water;
- salt and seasoning to taste.
Cooking time — 35 minutes.
Calories — 186 kcal.
How to cook salmon with steamed potatoes:
- First of all, you need to prepare the fish: peel, divide into steaks and rub with spices and salt;
- Peel potatoes, wash, divide into cubes of small size;
- Pour the right amount of water into the multi-cooker bowl, put a special container for steaming;
- Place fish and potatoes in it and close the multicooker lid;
- Put the device into “Steam” mode, set the timer for 20 minutes and activate the “Start” button.
How to cook fragrant buns with sausage, read our article.
Try our options for herring snacks — it is very elegant and tasty and will suit any meal.
Read how to cook awesomely tasty casserole of potatoes with zucchini.
The fish, which is prepared according to the proposed recipe, comes out very soft and juicy. Preparation of the following list of products will be required:
- 2 salmon fillets;
- ½ part lemon;
- a pinch of black pepper (ground);
- a pinch of rosemary.
Cooking time — 50 minutes.
Calorie content — 190 kcal.
Steam preparation technology:
- Divide the fillets into steaks and each one individually rub with pepper;
- Also sprinkle salmon with rosemary and leave aside for some time so that the fillet is saturated with the aroma of spices;
- Pour some water into the bowl and place the container for steaming;
- Spread out the fish there;
- Cut the lemon into thin slices and lay them on top of the fish;
- Close the lid and put the “Steam” mode on the device. Set the timer to 30 minutes and leave until a characteristic shutdown signal.
This recipe is perfect for a family dinner. In order to make it a reality, you will need the following set of products:
- 0.3 kg salmon fillet;
- 0.25 kg of fresh vegetables (assorted);
- 30 ml sour cream;
- 250 ml of water;
- salt and seasonings to taste.
Cooking time — 50 minutes.
Calorie — 135 kcal.
How to cook a dish:
- Wash the fillet very well, carefully rub it with spices and salt, cut into pieces of the right size and leave to saturate for a few minutes;
- Vegetables are best crushed in the form of cubes of small size;
- Pour the right amount of water into the bowl of the multicooker and immediately set the container for steaming;
- Arrange the sliced vegetables there, and put the salmon on top of them;
- Pour sour cream on top;
- Close the multicasting lid and put the function «Steam» and the time — 20 minutes;
- Before serving the finished fish with vegetables to the table, you can sprinkle with a small amount of lemon juice and sprinkle with chopped greens.
When purchasing salmon, you need to pay attention to the color of the sides and abdomen, which should be a silver uniform shade. The back should be painted black and glitter. These characteristics indicate the freshness of the fish.
Also buying fish, you should pay attention to the presence of spots throughout the carcass. If they are, then it can not be purchased — it will not be tasty and not so useful.
Salmon is a very useful product, especially when cooked for a couple. This dish is perfect for a diet, during the treatment of skin diseases, as well as for the children’s body. For a family dinner, the best option is not to be found.