How to cook delicious, stuffed squid with cheese and mushrooms
Squids — a product far and sea, but today very available at democratic prices.
Often, boiled squids are added to the salad, but they can also be stuffed successfully and beautifully.
For this there are different recipes, as well as some details of the process.
In this article, we will try to disclose for you, some recipes for stuffing this product.
Squid refers to cephalopod mollusks, which often reach 50 cm in size, while giant individuals can generally be up to twenty meters in length.
Carcasses with an average weight of 500-800 grams are usually on sale.
If you cook the product correctly, it will be deprived of a bright fishy taste, and something like a lobster.
Squids are champions in iodine content, they also contain cobalt, selenium and vitamin E.
The product helps to produce gastric juice, and is also able to influence the level of bad cholesterol in the direction of its reduction.
Doctors are considered squid meat more useful than animals.
That’s because it contains more animal protein, and it is easier to digest, plus a high content of vitamins, polyunsaturated fats.
They are a dietary product, they have neither cholesterol nor fat.
One hundred grams of the product contains 92 calories, 110 calories in boiled squid and 175 in fried.
It is necessary to choose the right product in the store.
Carcasses are sold frozen.
It is necessary that there was no snow on them, they were not very stuck together.
If the carcasses are stuck together in a package, it means that they have been re-frozen.
Such a re-freeze sharply spoils the taste of the product, especially if you have to stuff it.
Most often, squid are sold in a purified form, but there may be options that should be pre-cleaned from the upper films and gutted.
In a mandatory manner in both versions with a carcass removed a transparent film.
Before you stuff a product, you need to boil it a little.
To do this, the finished, cleaned carcass sinks into boiling water for a few minutes.
Then it comes out of the water and always dries out.
Most of the products that are used to stuff dishes, are suitable in this situation.
The described product will not be combined with minced meat, and it can be easily combined with chicken or other seafood.
Stages of cooking:
- Boil carcasses for three minutes and cool;
- Cook hard-boiled eggs, and then, using a large grater, grate;
- Boil rice to make it crumbly;
- Onions shred and brought to a golden crust. Mixed with prepared ingredients;
- In the mixture, add chopped greens and garlic, passed through a press. Also add salt and pepper, mix well;
- Mix the carcass fill squid;
- It remains a little to spit up the dish in the oven and can be served;
- As a sauce for the stuffed product, you can serve olive oil mixed with garlic, mustard, white wine and egg yolk;
- Squid is also well combined with homemade mayonnaise, sour cream and garlic sauce.
Useful properties of cashews, what do you know about them? Hurry up to visit our site and find out a lot of interesting, and most importantly, useful information! Wonderful green dill, harbors many useful substances, in this article, you will know which ones.
- Five carcasses of squid;
- Two onions;
- 800 grams of champignons (white mushrooms can be used);
- 200 grams of hard cheese;
- Four large spoons of vegetable oil;
- Salt and pepper;
- Greens and lemon;
- A couple of garlic cloves.
Stages of cooking:
- Boil carcasses separately, also boil eggs;
- Shred onion, fry over high heat with vegetable oil until it turns golden;
- Mushrooms are added to the pan with onions, which must be finely chopped;
- Eggs are rubbed on a coarse grater, also made with cheese;
- The ingredients for the filling mix, adding more salt and pepper, chopped herbs, garlic;
- Stuff squid, and then put on a baking sheet, greased with butter;
- Cook in the oven for about a quarter of an hour;
- The finished dish can be served whole, and can be beautifully cut into slices.
Alternatively, you can cook squid stuffed with cheese itself, watch the video recipe. Enjoy watching.
- It is important not to digest carcasses, because they will become tough, which will spoil the overall taste of the dish;
- After stuffing, open spaces can be fixed with a toothpick. So convenient to bring the dish to readiness in the pan or in the oven;
- Serve stuffed squids with sauce and finely chopped greens.
If they are properly prepared, for example, stuffed, you get dishes that can surprise you with harmony of taste and ease of perception.