How to cook mackerel with vegetables in a pan and in the oven
Mackerel is a very healthy and tasty fish, which, as a rule, is prepared by salting or marinating. Have you ever tried a mackerel cooked in a non-traditional way? For example, stewed or baked with vegetables?
If not, be sure to try it! The dish turns out incredibly tasty, tender and appetizing. This fish is good because it does not have a large number of bones, which later would need to be removed from it. And the mackerel fillet is quite tender and juicy.
In the process of stewing or baking, you can choose for yourself the list of ingredients used. We will introduce you to the basic sets, and you can easily vary them, opening up more and more new flavor notes.
As a side dish, mashed mackerel is usually served with mashed potatoes or pasta.
- Wash carcasses of mackerel under a stream of running water (not thawed!), And then divide. Remove heads, tails, fins and entrails. Cut each carcass into 3 pieces;
- Rub the fish pieces with a small amount of salt, pepper and ground coriander. Then place on the bottom of a thick-walled stew-pan and sprinkle with vegetable oil. Set aside;
- Prepare the vegetables: chop the onions and cut the carrots into strips. Put onions and carrots on top of the fish and after that you can put the stew-pan on the fire;
- Add sour cream, mix gently, cover the saucepan with a lid and, reducing the level of fire to medium, proceed to the fire;
- 5 minutes before readiness, add a pinch of ground bay leaf to a saucepan with mackerel and vegetables;
- Mackerel stewed with vegetables is served hot, as a supplement to potato dishes.
- fresh frozen mackerel carcasses — 2 pcs .;
- white onion — 3 pcs .;
- carrots — 1 pc .;
- refined vegetable oil — 75 ml;
- table salt;
- freshly ground pepper;
- Spice mixture «For fish» — 20 g.
Cooking time: 30 min.
Nutritional value of dishes per 100 g: 137 kcal.
Phased cooking description:
- First of all, get ready to prepare the fish. If you use frozen mackerel — wait until it is slightly defrosted (there is no need to completely defrost). Cut off the head and tail of the fish, and cut the carcass into several portions. Clean the viscera, then rinse under running water and dry;
- Rub the prepared pieces with salt and a mixture of spices «For fish.» Then put on a heated, with the addition of vegetable oil, a frying pan and begin to fry from all sides, until an appetizing crust appears;
- In the meantime, while the fish is fried, prepare the vegetables. Chop the onions in quarters and chop the carrots with a grater. Add chopped vegetables to the fish, mix gently, add a little water (no more than 100 ml) and cover with a lid, simmer;
- After 10 minutes of stewing, season the mackerel with vegetables with freshly ground black pepper, stir gently and continue to stew until the dish is fully cooked (another 15-20 minutes);
- The finished dish can be served on the table either hot or chilled. It is especially good as an addition to mashed potatoes.
- mackerel carcasses — 2 pcs .;
- fresh tomatoes — 2 pcs .;
- Eggplant — 1 pc .;
- onions — 1 pc .;
- sour cream — 150 ml;
- sunflower oil;
- salt, allspice.
Cooking time: 30 minutes.
Nutritional value per 100 g: 133 kcal.
- Mackerel carcass clear of entrails, cut off the heads and tails. Cut each carcass in half (lengthwise), and then remove their spines from them — only the fillet should remain. Cut the fillet into medium sized cubes;
- Fresh tomatoes, as well as eggplant, cut into cubes of the same size as the fish fillet. Bulb shred randomly;
- Mix fish, tomatoes, onions and eggplants. Season them with salt, pepper, and sour cream. Stir and put on a greased deko;
- Place the deko in the preheated to 190 ° C oven and bake for 20-25 minutes;
- Mackerel stewed with vegetables in the oven is ready. Enjoy your meal!
The recipe for a candied fruit cake is a very tasty and interesting dessert which will be enjoyed by sweet tooths.
Delicious yeast dough pastry — note the most delicious selection of recipes.
Read how to make delicious chicken breast soup. The recipe is here.
- Fresh-frozen mackerel — 1 pc .;
- potatoes — 2 pcs .;
- Bulgarian onions — 1 pc .;
- carrots — 1 pc .;
- mayonnaise sauce — 50 g;
- ground black pepper;
- ground leaf;
- hops suneli.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Number of kcal per 100 g: 139 kcal.
Description of cooking steps:
- Clean mackerel from entrails, head and tail. Rub the prepared carcass with salt, pepper, a pinch of hops-suneli, and then mayonnaise;
- Peel potatoes, and cut into small pieces;
- Cut the carrots into thin strips and chop the onions into quarters;
- Put the mackerel on a piece of food foil and stuff them with vegetables. Those that do not fit inside, lay around. Lift the edges of the foil (no need to wrap) and place on a baking sheet;
- Send the mackerel with vegetables to bake in a preheated 200 ° C oven for 25 minutes;
- This dish is served to the table as an independent one and does not require any additions.
- Fresh-frozen mackerel — 1 pc .;
- fruits of tomatoes — 1 pc .;
- garlic — 2 cloves;
- lemon — ½ part;
- table salt;
- a mixture of peppers;
- olive oil;
Active cooking: 30 min.
Energy value per 100 g: 135 kcal.
- Fresh-frozen mackerel should be thawed, and then prepared for baking. Namely: cut off the head, fins and tail, cleanse the entrails, and then rinse and dry thoroughly. By the way, drying is very convenient and quick using kitchen paper towels;
- Pound garlic cloves with a pinch of salt, pepper and lemon juice in a mortar. Then add olive oil and chopped cilantro and parsley;
- Rub the mackerel carcass with the prepared aromatic mixture. Place lemon slices in her tummy;
- Cut the tomatoes into rings and lay on a double piece of foil for baking. Place a mackerel on top of the tomatoes. Wrap the foil and place on a baking sheet;
- Baking a baking tray with fish for 20-25 minutes at 190 0 С;
- At the end of the allotted time, unfold the top of the foil, wait for the fish to cool slightly, and then serve to the table. The dish is served at the table as a supplement to a side dish of boiled or baked potatoes. Enjoy your meal!
One of the main secrets of cooking beautiful, appetizing and juicy mackerel baked in the oven is that it is necessary to begin the process of its preparation, not waiting until it is completely thawed.
It is better if you start baking it slightly frozen. Then it will retain its shape and is not deformed. By the way, the same rule applies to the process of cutting fish. Begin to carve it in a frost-bitten condition.
If you want to decorate the holiday table — bake the fish whole and, without cutting off her head. This fish has a more presentable appearance.
When baking mackerel in foil, it is worth remembering that you must first put a vegetable pillow (onions, carrots, tomatoes or something else) on the surface of the foil, and only then fish. Otherwise, the fish may “stick” to the foil and burn slightly.
When cooking mackerel, you can do without the use of salt. Just replace its use with lemon juice. The taste of such a fish turns out to be even more tasty and even spicy.
If you want to preserve the integrity of the fish pieces in the process of stewing with vegetables, then cook it without stirring at all. To do this, first place half of the vegetables used on the bottom of a saucepan or frying pan, then put fish pieces on top of them, and in turn, cover them with the second half of vegetables. Fill the ingredients with a small amount of water and simmer until cooked under a tightly closed lid.
To add spice to the stewing process, you can add a small amount of white semi-sweet wine to the stew-pan with fish.