Fish, with a beautiful name mackerel «, be sure to eat everything, because it is not only tasty, but also very useful. We will offer you many options for its preparation, so you can choose the most successful one for yourself.
How to cook mackerel in tomato sauce:
- Wash the fish, rip the belly and remove the entrails;
- Wash the mackerel from the inside, remove its tails and heads;
- After that, the carcass is coarsely chopped;
- Peel the onion, rinse it and cut into half rings;
- Wash the tomato, remove the green areas and cut the fruits into small pieces;
- Heat the pan with oil, put tomatoes and onions in it;
- While stirring, simmer over medium heat for no more than ten minutes;
- Add tomato paste, when time passes, some sugar and other spices to taste;
- Add water, bring everything to homogeneity and lay out the fish;
- Close the lid and cook the dish for thirty minutes.
- 1 onion;
- 1 carrot;
- 450 g of mackerel;
- 1 zucchini;
- 15 g tomato paste;
- 1 tomato;
- 30 ml of oil.
The time is 50 minutes.
- Wash the mackerel thoroughly, remove the insides, tail, fins and head;
- Next, you need to wash the fish from the inside, cut it into pieces;
- Peel off the peel, chop it into small pieces and fold into a bowl;
- Put it in a saucepan and set aside for a short time;
- Wash tomatoes, cut into cubes and add to onions;
- Carrot, too, clean, wash and chop;
- Zucchini remove the peel as desired, cut the fruit into rings or grate;
- Add oil to the ingredients, place the container on the stove;
- While stirring, simmer for three minutes, add tomato paste;
- After that add spices and mix all with a spatula;
- Pour in some water and bring the mass to a smooth consistency;
- Fold the fish into the mass and cook for ten minutes;
- After that the dish will be ready.
Salted mackerel marinated in tomato sauce in a jar
- 2 bay leaves;
- 850 g of frozen mackerel;
- 40 ml of vinegar;
- 4 peppercorns;
- 550 ml of water;
- 30 ml of oil;
- 20 g sugar;
- 15 g of tomato paste;
- 20 g of salt.
Time — 35 minutes + night.
- Pre-reach the fish and put it in a sieve or colander and in a bowl;
- This is necessary so that the water that flows from the mackerel flows into the bowl, and is not absorbed back into the fish;
- Pour water into a saucepan, put it on the stove;
- Add leaves of laurel, salt, peppercorns, sugar, butter and tomato paste;
- Include a weak fire and bring the mass to a boil, you need to salt and sugar dissolved;
- After that, add vinegar, mix and cool the marinade;
- As it cools, fish cut off the tail, fins, head;
- Next, gut the carcass, wash it inside and outside;
- Cut into large pieces or disassemble the fillet;
- Fold the mackerel in jars, pour in the cooled brine and put in the fridge for a day.
- 380 ml of tomato paste;
- 6 allspice;
- 1200 g of mackerel;
- 1 onion;
- 5 sheets of laurel;
- 1 large carrot;
- 15 g of salt;
Time — 1 hour and 45 minutes + 6 hours.
- Wash the fish and clean it from the viscera, tail, head and fins;
- Cut the mackerel into portions, wash it;
- After that, put in a bowl, salt, knead and leave for 40 minutes;
- Then pour oil into the pan, put the fish and fry it on all sides;
- After that, get the mackerel and cool it;
- Add chopped onion to the oil, which must first be cleaned and washed;
- To quench it, stirring, until golden brown;
- While preparing onions, peel carrots, also wash and chop;
- Add to ruddy onions and cook until soft;
- Then add the tomato paste, salt, vinegar and sugar;
- Stir for a few minutes while stirring and remove from heat;
- Spread the fish in already sterilized jars, add allspice and laurel leaves;
- Pour all this with tomato marinade and put the jars to be sterilized in a water bath for the next forty minutes;
- After that, roll up the jars and sterilize them for another six hours on low heat.
Chicken entrees — a selection of dishes that should always be on hand.
How to cook meat chops with sauce, read our article.
Read how to make awesome shawarma sauce with meat and vegetables in our article.
- 20 ml of pesto sauce;
- 1 can of tomatoes in its own juice;
- 1 mackerel;
- 230 g mozzarella;
- 2 basil branches;
- 20 g capers;
Time — 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Fish, if you have it frozen, remove and put in a sieve, and in a bowl;
- Bowl in turn put on the top shelf of the refrigerator;
- When the mackerel is thawed, cut off its head, tail and fins;
- To open the belly and remove the entrails;
- The fish must be rinsed inside and outside;
- Next, cut the carcass into portions and put in a container;
- Add salt and spices to taste to it, but it is worth considering that if there is salt in the composition of spices, then you need to add carefully so as not to over-salt the future dish;
- Clasp the mass with hands to evenly distribute everything;
- Leaving «marinate» for about a quarter of an hour will be enough;
- Remove capers from the pickle, finely chop them up with a kitchen hatchet;
- Grate cheese with a grater;
- It is better to take the tomatoes already peeled and chopped, open them and pour them into a bowl;
- Add to them a few spices to taste, capers and mix;
- Put the pieces of mackerel in the form, pour tomato paste;
- Put mozzarella on top of the fish;
- Remove the form for thirty minutes in the oven at 180 C;
- When the time is up, pull out the fish, let it stand for a quarter of an hour;
- After that, serve the fish on a la carte plates, pour over the pesto sauce and garnish with basil leaves.
- 4 tomatoes;
- 1 leek;
- 15 g parsley;
- 40 ml of oil;
- 1 fish;
- 3 pieces of garlic;
- 1 onion;
- 25 g butter;
- 20 g of dill;
Time — 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Rinse the carcass, remove its head, tail and remove the insides;
- This time wash the fish from the inside;
- Cut the mackerel into two fillets, peel off with tweezers;
- Cut the pieces into small slices;
- Peel the onion from the husk, wash it and cut it with feathers;
- Rinse leek, cut into rings;
- Pour oil into a frying pan and fry onion until soft;
- Put butter in another frying pan and melt it;
- Pour the leek and simmer until tender, stirring;
- When the onion is ready (both onion and leek), put it into separate bowls;
- Place the mackerel in one of the pans and fry it slightly;
- Put on top both types of onion, season with spices and mix;
- Rinse the dill and parsley, crumble and add to the pan;
- Wash tomatoes and make cuts on them;
- Boil water for the fruits and pour them, that is, blanch;
- A minute later, the tomatoes pull out or drain water from them to remove the peel;
- Cut the stalk, and chop the flesh;
- Put cubes on top of the fish and simmer all its contents for a quarter of an hour;
- When the liquid has evaporated, put the mass into a mold and bake for 20-25 minutes at 205 centigrade.
Choosing a fish, we recommend taking the carcass, which has a head. By the eyes you can always determine the real shelf life of the product. Eyes should be bulging, clear, bright and wet. If they are dry, sunken or even dull, then, alas, mackerel is not one day.
In any of the recipes, instead of tomato paste, you can use fresh tomatoes, because it will turn out even tastier. Simply blanch the fruit, peel and chop the pulp in a blender.
Be sure to cook the dishes that we offered you. Enjoy your meal!