Such seafood as squid, refers to the dietary form. Turkey, pork and some other products containing a large amount of protein and vitamins are inferior to it.
In cooking, squids are unpretentious, you just need to take into account some of the nuances. Do not overcook the meat, just dip it for two minutes in boiling water and immediately remove it, otherwise it will become tough.
A very tasty dish is obtained by stuffing a squid carcass with cabbage, eggs, mushrooms, cheese, or even meat, pour in a creamy sauce and stew or bake in an electric oven. You only need to pre-clean the insides and cut the tentacles. It should be borne in mind that some spices are quite enough for such products, otherwise the main flavor will not be felt.
At the sight of unappetizing frozen squid carcasses, it is not immediately a desire to cook and eat them. But in the processed form, these inhabitants of the deep sea are a very tasty delicacy.
Usually, people used this seafood as one of the additional ingredients of salads and other dishes. Not less often in recent times it is used as a basis.
To prepare this dish, it is enough just to wash and boil the carcass well, then chop it in small strips and fry in onion in a pan in olive oil.
We take out the frozen squid from the vacuum package, pour it with warm water and leave it to thaw out. We cut in the inside, rip off the skin and thoroughly wash out the sand from the middle. Cut the carcass into round strips, you do not need to boil it beforehand.
Onions and garlic peel and shred slices.
We pick up olive oil in a frying pan, warm up and fry onions first, then put garlic. At the very end we spread squid to vegetables and fry for five minutes.
We add some salt, optionally we sprinkle with spices and leave under a tightly closed lid for a few minutes.
The finished dish can be beautifully decorated on a large plate with green leaves of lettuce.
How to cook fried squid with onions and carrots
- Squids — 300 g;
- Onions — 2 pcs .;
- Carrot — 2 pcs .;
- Crude oil — 4 tbsp. l .;
- Salt, seasonings — to taste.
Preparation: 25 minutes.
Components: 98 Kcal / 100 g.
Vegetables clean and wash in cold water. Carrots can be chopped into bars or chopped on a food processor as in Korean. In the second version, it will look more appetizing. Onions chop long straws.
Squids thawed and thoroughly washed from sea garbage are boiled in boiling water for two minutes and immediately taken out in a colander. Give cool and cut into long strips too.
Fry vegetables in hot oil. When the zazharka will be almost ready, add seafood and, diligently stirring, pour salt, seasonings and set aside from the stove. Be sure to cover with a lid and let it brew for ten to fifteen minutes.
Read what can be cooked from pork quickly and tasty. Our recipes will help you make a good dinner.
How to fry meat in a pan in pieces, read what spices to add and which dishes will work best.
Exquisite amazing meat with prunes stew in the oven will appeal to lovers of unusual compounds, according to our recipe.
Mushrooms, fried with onions, are a very tasty and satisfying dish, but if it is diluted with seafood such as squid, you get a new, specific dish.
- Squids — 450 g;
- Onions — 2 heads;
- Champignons — 350 g;
- Sunflower oil — 3 tbsp. l .;
- Spices — to taste;
- Soy sauce — 2 tbsp. l
Preparation: 35 minutes.
Caloric content: 67 Kcal / 100 g.
Fill with warm water frozen squids. Peel the onions and chop them with thick rings. Seafood washed inside and out, rip out the core with your fingers and cut off or tear off the dark skin on top.
Mushrooms wash and chop slices. Combine the mushrooms with onions in a pan and fry in butter until the moisture is completely evaporated. Cut squids in half and cut into thick strips across the carcass.
Put them on the mushrooms with onions, add spices and pour in the soy sauce, stir and cook for two — three minutes. The finished dish can be drained with fresh herbs or sesame seeds.
Using sour cream or cream for cooking squid, you can be sure in advance of the softness and tenderness of the prepared dish.
- Squids — 400 g;
- White onion — 3 pcs .;
- Sour cream — 250 ml;
- Condiments — to taste;
- Salt — to taste;
- Sunflower oil — 2 tbsp. l
Preparation: 15 minutes.
Caloric content: 73 Kcal / 100 g
We soak frozen squids in warm water, in the process the upper layer will begin to peel off and it will be easier to remove it with a knife. We clean the bulbs and rinse under water to bring bitterness. We ferment half rings on sunflower oil until transparent.
At the squid, we clean the insides and tear out the sting, shred rings two centimeters thick. Put the homemade sour cream, prepared seafood in onion zazharku, add and stew for five minutes.
Set aside, sprinkle with green onions or dill, and mix everything carefully.
- During the purchase of seafood, you must draw a shot on the state of carcasses. They should not have a shabby look, easily peel off of each other. If they are tightly and tightly glued, it means that they have repeatedly been thawed. The meat of such squids in the dish will be bitter and quite possible during the heat treatment they will come off and turn into porridge;
- The upper film covering the carcass may be purple, pink or gray, but the meat itself is only white. If he has other shades — the product is clearly stale;
- If you are afraid not to cook or digest seafood, use the following cooking method — blanching for a couple of three to four minutes;
- For more tender meat it is recommended to slightly beat off the carcass with a hammer. Just do not overdo it;
- It is very easy to experiment with squid, so do not be afraid to replace and add components. Know that this product will become even more valuable if it is cooked with tomatoes, fresh greens, cucumbers and apples, lettuce. The listed products will perfectly complement the basic value of seafood — proteins;
- The preparation time of this product depends on the other components of the dish, it varies from three to ten minutes. The longest cooking is stewing in a creamy or sour cream sauce. Here you can not worry about stiffness.
Squids are an excellent filling for brass pies, but such a delicacy is better to eat not just cooked hot, but the next day, when seafood is soaked with other ingredients, and the taste will be simply divine.
Squid can be either roasted in a frying pan, baked in an electric oven, or cooked on a barbecue. To do this, it is enough to marinate whole carcasses and water them with the remains of the marinade during cooking.