Adherents of proper nutrition practice a certain rule — eating fish at least 3-4 times a week. That is why the question arises about the diversity in the home piggy bank of recipes for those dishes that use it.
The central figure of this article will be a wonderful mackerel, which is simply filled with various vitamins and microelements. She will help you maintain health and at the same time very tasty and satisfying dinner.
At the moment, mackerel is one of the most common types of fish on the shelves. Like the other white varieties, it is quite fat and at the same time quite budget for any pocket.
Each hostess is constantly worried about how to cook a delicious dinner, at the same time, not only feed the family tightly, but also not harm their health. As a main dish, mackerel fully meets all these requirements. So why her cooking is not common in our kitchens.
Unfortunately, mackerel has one significant drawback — a very specific flavor that many do not like. However, there is a very simple, but little-known way of getting rid of it — pickling.
If you even leave the fish in the marinade for a while, then cooking the fish will not cause any trouble. Below you will see the most standard and easy way to cook mackerel in a pan.
Fried mackerel in a pan is prepared according to the following scheme:
- Freshly frozen fish must first be completely thawed and thoroughly rinsed. Then cut the carcass and cut off the head and tail. All the remaining fish is cut into even portions, so the frying time will be about the same. Marry it to get rid of the aroma in any recipe in the paragraph «Useful Tips»;
- Each piece of fish should be thoroughly rubbed with spices and salt, then roll in flour. It must first sift. After that, the mackerel is sent to be fried in a frying pan. Each side will not need more than five minutes. The main thing is to wait for an appetizing golden crust, which must necessarily crunch. At the same time also try not to overdo the fish, it will spoil its taste.
When onions and carrots are added to mackerel, this fish only acquires more beneficial properties, because these vegetables are incredibly useful for the body. What is most interesting, they also prevent its drying, making the dish even more juicy and tender. Such a recipe must be borne in mind if you need to cook a delicious dinner.
- mackerel — 1 pc;
- onions — 1 pc;
- carrots — 1 pc;
- seasoning for fish;
- vegetable oil;
- flour — 100 g;
- tomato paste — 1 tea.l .;
- water — ½ cup.
Calories: 225 Kcal.
- Rinse the mackerel in water and gently strip it. All entrails, as well as the head, tail and fins must be removed. After that, cut it into fillets, remove all the existing bones;
- Each fillet should be cut into many medium-sized pieces, after which they should be salt and pepper. Roll the fish in flour and fry it in vegetable oil;
- At this time you should fry carrots and onions in a frying pan. For it you need to chop the onion into small cubes, and it will be easier to simply grate the carrots. In this zazharku should add fried fish, then add a little water and tomato paste. If you wish, you can add a small amount of sugar — this will give the dish an expressive taste. After that, all ingredients should be simmered on low heat for ten minutes. Spice everything up and put the lid on;
- Cooked fish will be very tender and tasty, most importantly, in time to remove it from the stove.
They say that batter is a miracle cure that makes any fish very juicy and tender. Mackerel does not differ here from others, so mastering the batter in cooking fried fish will be a step. It would seem, because the batter is a simple batter, but the result will not cause to doubt its work.
- mackerel — 2 pieces;
- egg — 2 pieces;
- flour — 400 gr;
- milk — 4 tablespoons;
- onion — 1 pc;
- vegetable oil;
- parsley and dill;
- salt and seasoning for fish.
Cooking time: 1 hour.
Calorie content: 240 Kcal.
How to prepare mackerel, fried in a pan in batter:
- Mackerel should be filed thoroughly. Cut the fins, tail and head. It is advisable to even remove the skin. Be sure to strip mackerel bones. To do this, the easiest way is to use the tweezers;
- The fillet should be cut into portions — their thickness should not be more than a couple of centimeters, otherwise the center of the fish will not fry evenly;
- Peel the onions and cut them in half. As a result, you should get half rings. Chop the garlic with a press or simply with a knife. After that, make them marinade for fish. It should lie in it for about ten minutes;
- While the fish is marinating, you should cook the batter. To do this in a deep bowl, mix together the flour, eggs, milk, salt and spices. Beat everything neatly with a whisk or fork, here the mixer will not become an assistant at all. The end result is a dough that resembles in its consistency what is prepared for the pancakes;
- Each piece of fish should be carefully lowered into a batter and dipped in a hot frying pan with vegetable oil. Do not make the fire too strong, because in the fast time that the batter is prepared, the fish can remain raw. Mackerel is cooked in batter for 5 minutes on each side. After that, each piece must be removed from the pan and put on a paper towel. From it all the excesses of oil and fat are drained, which will only spoil the taste;
- When serving, decorate the fish with greens. As a side dish, it is advisable to serve vegetable stews or stewed cabbage. They are the perfect shade mackerel.
Dry yeast pastry dough — quick and easy recipes for every day.
How to bake a piece of pork in a slow cooker, read our article.
How to make an interesting gift for the holiday — pineapple candy. This gift will appeal to both adults and children.
Mackerel, fried in sour cream, is unusually tender and juicy. Whatever one may say, this is probably one of the most successful ways of cooking this fish. It completely gives all its excess fat to vegetables, so the flavors of the final dish are perfectly combined with each other.
- mackerel — 2 pieces;
- onion — 2 pcs;
- carrots — 2 pieces;
- sour cream — 100 ml;
- a mixture of seasonings for fish or a mixture of peppers;
- vegetable oil.
Calories: 156 Kcal.
Algorithm for cooking:
- Thaw frozen mackerel carcasses at normal room temperature. It is better not to use a microwave oven for this, otherwise the fish may boil. Clean it and get rid of guts and head with a tail;
- Peel the onions and cut them into small pieces, like carrots (you can also grate them). Prepared fish should be cut into portions and washed again. After that, each of them must be salted and seasoned;
- A mixture of carrots and onions should be browned in a pan for a minute, after which you should lay out the pieces of fish. All this is poured with sour cream and gently mixed so that it is evenly distributed on the dish;
- Cooked fish under cover should be about half an hour. Serve it with mashed potatoes or rice. True, you can leave as a garnish only vegetables that were used during cooking.
Before frying in a mackerel in a pan, be sure to pickle. The most popular marinade recipes are a mixture of water and lemon juice in a 3: 1 ratio.
You can also mix 120 ml of dry wine with a few tablespoons of lemon juice. There are other ways of pickling this fish.
As a vegetable oil for frying mackerel, use sunflower or cream. Olive is absolutely not allowed here.