Fish dishes (especially the river) will never cease to conquer the hearts of true gourmets. And most often, cooks prefer to cook fish soups, which are not only healthy, but also incredibly tasty. Sterlet is practically a delicacy, which is quite difficult to find on ordinary market stalls. However, if you are still lucky, you should definitely try this wonderful and tasty product in the preparation of fragrant soup.
Initially, you should start with the processing of the fish itself, namely the removal of mucus from its surface, because without this further cutting is simply impossible. Next, you need to adhere to the following scheme:
- Scale removal — here, by the way, it should be immediately emphasized that this type of fish does not have scales as such, instead there are small bony growths. The largest of them must be removed with a sharp knife, the rest can be scraped off in the usual way;
- Cut the tail;
- Carefully open the abdomen and remove the insides (it is not necessary to remove the fat as well as the caviar, if it is);
- Carefully separate the fish head from the body;
- The existing fin on the back of the fish should be cut with the same sharp knife;
- Cut the carcass cut across the ridge into small pieces no more than 5 cm thick.
Having prepared a magnificent fish soup “royally”, and even from sterlet (an expensive variety of fish), any hostess will be forever remembered by the guests as a great craftswoman in delicacies.
Step by step preparation of the royal soup:
- It is necessary to begin with fish: it needs to be washed, cleaned from the fins, tail and viscera (following the above scheme), then cut into medium pieces, 7-8 cm thick each;
- The next step is to rinse and peel the existing vegetables;
- Potatoes and onions should be cut into quarters, and carrots — into rings;
- Fish and vegetables should be placed in a small saucepan, pour them with about a liter of water, add allspice and bay leaves, set aside;
- Take a pot of much larger volume, pour the remaining half of the water into it, pour in the required amount of salt and put on the fire;
- As soon as the water begins to boil, the flame must be reduced and the entire contents of the small saucepan should be placed in a large saucepan;
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook the ear for 3 hours on average (at least 2 hours);
- Ready soup from sterlet must be poured into plates and sprinkled with a small amount of greens.
From sterlet, you can cook the usual ear, while it does not lose its attractive taste and useful properties. So, what is needed for such a dish:
The approximate cooking time of this dish is about 2 hours and 30 minutes. Calories — 92 kcal per 100 grams.
Step by step cooking simple soup:
- As usual, you must first start with the fish: wash, clean, cut into small pieces;
- Parsley and celery root put in a blender, grind them to finely shavings;
- The greens should be chopped;
- Peel the onion, but do not chop;
- In a pot of water, place the fish, pour the ground celery and parsley in the same place, add peppercorns, greens and put a whole onion;
- Put the pan on the fire, boil the ear on medium heat, after boiling as much as possible to reduce the heat, remove the foam, salt and pepper and cook for another 1 hour;
- After cooking, the ear should be held under the lid for 15 minutes, then poured into plates, decorate with small pieces of lemon.
Take note of the recipe for spicy marinades for mushrooms. We offer you several options for different types of mushrooms.
Chicken meatballs in sour cream sauce — cook them according to our recipes. Interesting options for dishes that fit any garnish.
You do not know how to cook lamb? Take note of the recipe for Khashlama in Armenian, read our article.
There are a couple of very important tips for removing hard bone growths from the surface of a sterlet carcass:
- the first step is to open the abdomen and remove the insides, then separate the head;
- The sterlet carcass, ready for cooking, should be lightly doused with boiling water and then placed in a deep bowl of hot water for a while so that the water completely covers it. After these actions, all bone growths of sterlet will be softened, and it will be easy to remove them with a knife.
Also, absolutely all cooks in the world are advised to remove mucus from the surface of the carcass using ordinary salt (for this, the fish must be rubbed with it). By the way, court cooks in the Middle Ages used this method of processing fish in Russia.
To easily remove the upper fin, you can carefully make an incision along the entire ridge, after which you can easily remove it using a fork or knife. However, if the fish is large enough, then it will be easier to first cut it into small pieces, and then separate the fin from each of them. By the way, this fin is very harmful for eating, because it contains harmful substances. Scientifically, it is called a vizig and is more like an ordinary ridge.
There are also some tips for cooking sterlet soup:
- If you add a little dry wine (white or red, this is not so important) during cooking, then the fish soup will become truly delicious and luxurious;
- It is recommended to serve the soup with fresh croutons and a glass of white wine;
- During cooking, along with the sturgeon, you can add another type of fish to the soup, such as perch or perch;
- Sterlet goes well with tomato flavor, so you can safely season the fish soup with tomato sauce or add natural shredded tomatoes;
- Nevertheless, experienced chefs advise as little as possible to add spices and other seasonings to this dish, because they can kill the unique taste of this delicious fish.