Everybody knows from childhood the grandmother’s soup of fresh nettle with a pleasant aroma and delicate sourness. Over time, you appreciate not only the taste, but also the healthy qualities of soup. After all, young nettles contain large amounts of vitamins and substances useful to the body. A fresh sorrel, added to the soup, gives a pleasant flavor to a hot dish.
- Peel nettle leaves from a hard stem and pour boiling water in a bowl for thirty minutes. Then you need to drain the liquid through a colander;
- Carrots and onions should be cut into thin half-rings;
- Pour a small amount of refined oil into the pan and you need to pass the prepared vegetables on it for about three minutes. Vegetables need to constantly stir;
- Potato peeled and cut into strips. Add to saucepan and fry with onions and carrots for one minute;
- Pour water into a saucepan and cook for ten minutes, covered with a lid;
- Rinse and chop the dill, parsley and onion feathers;
- Cut the nettle leaves;
- When the contents of the pan will be ready to add nettles and greens;
- Schi cook another six minutes. After that, turn off the heat and wait a bit for the soup to infuse;
- Egg should be boiled in lightly salted water. After that cut into any size;
- Spread soup on plates to decorate the egg and add lemon juice. If you wish, you can decorate with fresh herbs and add sour cream.
- 300 grams of chicken;
- 250 grams of potatoes;
- 1 carrot;
- 300 grams of nettle;
- 300 grams of sorrel;
- Bay leaf;
- ground and fragrant pepper;
- vegetable oil;
- egg — 1 piece;
- sour cream.
Cooking time: 1 hour.
Caloric content: 20 kcal / 100 grams.
- The chicken is boiled in four liters of water;
- The carrot is cut into thin strips;
- Onions finely chopped and fried in sunflower oil with carrots;
- Potatoes are cut into small pieces;
- Ready chicken to pull out of the broth and add fried vegetables to it;
- Add salt and pepper, bay leaf and allspice (two peas);
- When the contents of the pan boil, cook soup for ten minutes;
- Nettle should be washed well and twice with boiling water;
- In sorrel and nettle to tear the leaves from the stem;
- Put the nettles in a saucepan, cook for five minutes;
- Add sorrel and cook for another couple of minutes;
- Cook the fresh egg for five minutes, peel and cut it in half;
- Before serving, decorate the soup with fresh herbs, half an egg, pieces of chicken and sour cream.
- 300 grams of meat;
- potatoes — 4 pieces;
- 2 onions;
- 2 medium carrots;
- 2 tomatoes;
- nettle — 350 grams;
- sorrel — 300 grams;
- sunflower oil;
- bay leaf;
- fresh greens.
Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes.
Caloric content: 30 kcal / 100 grams.
- Pieces of meat are brought to a boil and cooked within an hour, foam is periodically removed;
- Potato peeled and diced;
- After the meat is ready, the broth is salted. Potatoes are added;
- Carrots and tomatoes should be cut into thin strips and added to the pan;
- Nettles need to pour boiling water;
- Sorrel and nettles are chopped and put into the pan when the potatoes are ready;
- Onions are finely cut and fried in refined oil for two minutes. Fill them with soup;
- Add bay leaf to pepper in soup;
- When the soup is ready, add chopped greens to the pan and cover with lid.
Read how to cook pancakes on mineral water in our article.
Take note of the recipes for incredibly delicious beef with vegetables in a sweet and sour sauce.
Try to cook juicy and tender pork home-style. We have collected several versions of recipes that you will definitely like.
- 400 grams of lean pork;
- 300 grams of young nettle;
- 4 large potatoes;
- leaf salad;
- garlic feathers;
- green onion;
- flour — 1 tablespoon;
- refined oil;
- Bay leaf;
- 2 eggs;
- sour cream;
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes.
Caloric content: 30 kcal / 100 grams.
- Pork slices cook for one hour;
- Nettle pour boiling water. When cool, chop finely;
- The potato is cut in small pieces;
- Lettuce leaves washed and cut;
- Green onions and garlic feathers finely chop;
- Carrot clean and grate large on a grater;
- Chop the onion;
- Onions and carrots fry in butter for two minutes. Then add flour, mix and remove from the heat after three minutes;
- In a separate pot add about a glass of water, potatoes, nettles, herbs, carrots. The contents of the pan to simmer for about ten minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste;
- Cut the finished meat into small pieces or straw, add to the pan;
- After that, add broth to the vegetables and cook soup for twenty minutes;
- A minute before the readiness to put a bay leaf;
- Boil the eggs and cut into four pieces;
- Add soup to the table with a slice of lemon, sour cream and boiled egg.
- Schi can be cooked in chicken, pork ribs and beef meat broth;
- It is very rich in vitamin nettle during flowering, so it is better to tear the leaves for cabbage in the spring;
- Sour cream can be added directly to the soup or put in a separate bowl;
- Soup must be eaten with Borodino or rye bread. It can be cut into small pieces and make crackers that are added to the soup;
- If desired, boiled eggs can be added immediately to the pan;
- Shchi can be eaten both hot and cold.
Green nettle soup is a very tasty and healthy hot dish for all family members. Soup will be a great addition to your daily diet for maintaining a perfect body shape and a healthy diet.