Catfish soup is a hearty first dish that can be easily prepared by yourself. To do this, you need to know the subtleties of cooking fish soup or even from its head.
The fact that many housewives use catfish for cooking soup at home is not surprising, because among all the river fish there are fewer bones in it. You can cook a dish both from whole fish and from one head. The classic recipe involves the use of the whole carcass: the fillet itself, and the ridge with bones, and the head.
- We process fish. To do this, wash it well in cold water, make a horizontal incision under your head and gut. It is not necessary to completely cut the belly, the inside of the catfish is easy to remove and through a small incision. Then once again wash my fish. We clean the mucus from its surface to avoid the appearance of bitter taste in the finished dish;
- Leave the whole head or cut it into 2-3 pieces, cut the rest of the carcass into large pieces;
- We shift the prepared, chopped fish into the pan, which will boil the ear. Pour boiling water, add salt, if desired, you can use other spices. We bring to a boil, remove the foam, fasten the fire and cook for 15-20 minutes;
- At this time we are engaged in the preparation of vegetables. Peel potatoes, onions and carrots, just wash the tomatoes. Cut everything into cubes and ship to the pan for the fish;
- Cut the tomatoes into large cubes, add to the pan with chopped celery and bay leaves, add some sugar;
- Cook the soup for another 15 minutes and turn it off. Give a couple of minutes brew;
- When serving, lay a piece of fish on a plate, sprinkle with vegetable broth on top and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Some believe that it is impossible to cook an ear from one head of a catfish. It is true that if cooking the dish is not correct, an unpleasant peculiar smell may appear. If you approach the preparation responsibly, you get an aromatic, rich soup. For this you need to prepare:
- large head;
- 3 potatoes;
- onions, carrots;
- a couple of parsley and celery;
- 2 bay leaves.
Cooking soup — 1 hour 10 minutes. Calories per 100 grams — 105 kcal.
- Wash your head, put it in a saucepan and pour 2 liters of water, set on medium heat, bring to a boil. If there are other parts of the fish, bones, ridge, you can add them;
- Grind onions, grate carrots on a coarse grater, cut potatoes into slices;
- Put a frying pan on the stove, fry onion with carrots in a small amount of sunflower or olive oil;
- When the broth is boiling, add celery to the pan with the head, boil for 10-15 minutes;
- We get the head, filter the broth with gauze;
- Add to the broth fry and potatoes, cook until potatoes are ready (about 15 minutes);
- Turn off the fire, add the chopped parsley, cover with a lid and leave to infuse for 10 minutes.
Read how to make banana roll — an exquisite and delicate dessert, very tasty.
If you want to cook something amazing — try the recipe “Angel’s Tears” curd cake.
How to cook a delicious cranberry compote read in our article.
The recipe for cooking fish soup in a slow cooker step by step
Cooking of catfish soup in a slow cooker can be varied at its discretion. Many housewives say that they and their loved ones like the recipe, which does not use the head, then the dish is not too fat, and eggs are added at the end. For this recipe, you must prepare:
- carcass of a catfish with a tail, but without a head;
- 4 tbsp. millet;
- 2 potatoes;
- 2 onions;
- ½ lemon;
- 2 eggs;
- salt pepper;
- 2 bay leaves;
Cooking soup — 2 hours. Calories per 100 grams — 137 kcal.
Phased cooking of catfish soup in a slow cooker:
- Prepare the fish. Usually, fish without a head is sold already cleared, it remains only to cut it into large pieces. We shift in a bowl, squeeze the juice of lemon, leave to marinate for half an hour;
- We clean 1 onion and carrots, cut them into cubes, transfer them to the bowl, add a little sunflower oil and salt, set the “Toasting” mode for 10 minutes;
- Clean the potatoes, cut into cubes, add to the fry and turn on the «Baking» mode for another 10 minutes;
- Putting vegetables in a separate container;
- Do not wash the bowl, lay out the fish, parsley and celery stalks, bay leaves, spices, 1 whole onion. Pour 2 liters of water, turn on the mode «Soup» for 45 minutes;
- We take out everything with the help of a skimmer, add millet and vegetables to the broth, turn on “Quenching” for 30 minutes;
- When the fish has cooled, separate the fillet and add it to the bowl;
- Serve the prepared soup with half a boiled egg.
- To determine whether fresh catfish or not, you can color the gills. If they are pink or even burgundy — the fish is fresh, if it is gray, then not;
- If children eat fish soup or for other reasons it is required that it is not greasy, then it is necessary to filter the broth;
- It is celery that gives the finished ear aroma and rich taste, so its stems are present in almost every recipe.