How to cook ear from ruffs at home and at the stake
In the ear, the main thing is to understand the very principle of cooking: first boil the broth from small ruffs. Once you have done this, add potatoes, carrots, spices, and fillets of large river or lake fish.
Small ruffs will give excellent fat: in traditional Russian cuisine, fish ruff broth is used as a base for fish soup.
- First, prepare the soup broth. Ruff wash, gut, cut the gills. Place fish, a head of peeled onions, a slice of parsley root in a saucepan, pour water over everything.
- When the water boils, reduce the fire. Be sure to remove the foam from the surface of the broth. Boil for half an hour. Ruffs should be boiled soft almost completely. After that, strain the broth, throw out the ruffs, as they have already given the broth its full flavor.
- Put potatoes, carrots, black peas, salt and salt in a ready broth.
- When the ear boils, add sliced perch fillet. Cook for about 20 minutes on minimal heat. It is important that the ear is prepared without a lid, the broth does not boil violently.
- Remove from heat, leave to infuse, cover the pan with a lid. Chopped green onions set on the table separately.
To the note: if you want to cook an amber-colored ear, put a little saffron in a bowl, pour over the broth. When the soup is removed from the heat, pour the mixture into it. The ear will acquire a golden color and an unusual aroma.
- 0.8 kg of small fish (ruff + perch);
- 1 large onion;
- to taste dill, green onion feather;
- 1 large bay leaf;
- 3 potatoes;
- 800 g of large river fish (pike + pike perch);
- ½ cup of vodka;
- black pepper (peas);
- root parsley + salt to taste.
Cooking time: 1 hour 20 minutes. The number of calories: 384.
- Put small fish, onion, roots in a saucepan, pour in two liters of chilled water. When the broth boils, remove the foam with a spoon, cook for half an hour. Small fish melted almost completely, so the fish broth is filtered through gauze, and ruffs are thrown away.
- Prepared river fish cut into pieces and cook in rich broth. 20 minutes is enough. Do not forget to remove the foam from the surface of the soup.
- Add chopped potatoes, cook for 10 minutes. Season to taste with salt, black pepper (peas), bay leaf and vodka.
- Turn off the stove, cover the pot with a lid, let it infuse. Ground greens apply separately.
We present to your attention the recipe of the Black Sea ruff soup with an egg and a green apple. Sea ruff or scorpion give a chic fat. At the same time, the fish is considered dangerous: the sea fish is armed with spikes in which there is poison. In order not to prick, gently cut the spikes with special scissors for cutting large fish.
For 3 persons you will need:
- 4-5 ruffs;
- 3 ruff large;
- 4-5 medium potatoes;
- 2 medium carrots;
- large onion + 2 cloves of garlic;
- 2-3 winter green apples;
- greens to taste;
- Bay leaf;
- to taste ground black pepper + pepper peas + sea salt;
- 1 ripe pink tomato;
- 1 large onion head Yalta;
- to taste table vinegar.
Cooking time: 1 hour 25 minutes. Portion value: 387 kcal.
- Immediately cut poisonous thorns off the sea ruff. Then rinse the fish thoroughly, gut. In large specimens cut gills.
- Garlic cloves, onion clean. Washed and peeled carrots cut in half. Put lavrushka, bell pepper in a saucepan, pour water, salt. Put on the fire.
- Small fish put in a gauze bag, tie, put in a saucepan. Immediately add the whole bulb without husks, carrots, garlic. Cook for 50 minutes on moderate heat, not forgetting to remove the foam from the surface.
- Remove the bag with small ruffs, carrot pieces, onion. Add whole apples.
- Peeled potatoes chop into large cubes, put in broth along with large ruffs, from which you can cut fins and tails. Season to taste with spices.
- Rinse fresh greens, shake off excess water, chop. Yalta red onion chop feathers, tomato — slices, salt and season with black pepper and vinegar.
- Remove the apples from the broth. Continue cooking until the potatoes and fish are cooked completely. Remove the ruffs from the pan. Season your soup with chopped herbs.
- Beat raw egg with a whisk and gently, slowly pour in the ear. Remove the pan from the stove, soak for 10 minutes under the lid.
- When serving, add to each plate along the ruff. Apples, Yalta onions, tomatoes submit separately.
Soup can be cooked with any other fish. Fish soup from burbot: 4 best recipes.
Read also how to cook a fragrant fish soup from the head and tail.
And here you will find recipes for baked sturgeon in the oven. Be sure to try!
If you are going to cook your ear on the fire, grab a small log on a picnic. At the end of cooking, hold the logs over the fire, then stew the fire in a broth.
- 800 g of fine ruffs;
- 1 kg of large lake or river fish;
- 90 g onions;
- green onion feather;
- fresh dill;
- 4 potatoes;
- 1 bay leaf;
- half a glass of vodka;
- 15 g root parsley;
- black pepper (peas).
Cooking time: 1 hour. Portion: 389 kcal.
- In field conditions, filtering fish broth is problematic, so you have to stock up on a piece of gauze. Fold small ruffs into a gauze bag, tie and lower them into the pot. Add large onion, parsley root, cold water. After about half an hour, the fish will melt completely. Do not forget to remove the foam from the surface of the broth.
- Remove fish from the pot and discard. Take any river or lake fish and cook it for 15 minutes in the finished broth, not forgetting to remove the foam from the surface.
- Peel the potatoes, chop large, put in the ear. It remains to wait for the readiness of the potato, immediately add vodka, spices, lavrushka. A minute later remove the pot from the fire. Close tightly with lid.
- When the ear tune in, add the chopped greens.
Then cut the belly with a sharp knife and remove the insides with your fingers. This should be done carefully so as not to tear the gallbladder. If it is damaged, the cooked fish will be bitter.
At the very beginning of cooking, lower the twigs of parsley, celery and dill into the broth (and then remove). 10 minutes before the end of cooking, you can put a bay leaf in the ear, and for the transparency of the broth — onion peel.
Do not get too carried away with spices — they can kill the taste of fish broth. A few black peas and laurel leaves will suffice. It is important that the prepared ear is present under the lid for 30 minutes.