Cold beetroot soups, in which kefir, kvass or sorrel decoction form the basis for the broth, are called beetroot soup (or refrigerator). This dish belongs to the East European cuisine, perhaps that is why in Russia he has so many fans.
How to cook cold beetroot on kefir:
- Pour water into a saucepan, add salt and vinegar;
- Put the saucepan on the fire;
- Peel the beets;
- When the water boils, put the roots as a whole in a pan, cook until ready;
- Peel the potatoes, cut into cubes, put in another saucepan, cover with water and lightly salted, put to boil;
- Boil the eggs;
- Ready beets to get out of the water, cool, cut into straws;
- When the potato is also ready, put it together with the chopped beet in beetroot broth, add lemon juice (it needs a little, so that the broth has a little sour taste);
- You can add potato broth to the soup, put everything back on the fire and bring to a boil, add salt and sweeten a little;
- Turn off the stove, wait until the soup has cooled;
- Finely chop all greens and grind into mush;
- Peel and chop the boiled eggs, finely chop the cucumbers, add to the greens, mix everything with kefir and sour cream — this is the dressing (added to the main dish);
- Put the soup on the table, mixed with dressing (2-3 tablespoons for 1 serving).
Cold beetroot meat on kefir and mineral water
Another alternative to okroshka is nourishing and with an original taste. If the beetroot soup in the classic version does not imply the presence of meat, then in this recipe, balyk (cold smoked meat cut along the spine of cows or pigs) becomes practically the main component, an accent that draws attention to the dish.
- beets — 1 piece;
- mineral water — 1.5 l;
- potatoes — 4 pieces;
- kefir — 1.5 l;
- cucumber — 3 pieces;
- Balik — 0.25 kg;
- egg — 4 pieces;
- salt — to taste;
- greens — to taste.
Cooking time: 55 minutes.
Calorie content: 72 kcal.
- Boil potatoes, beets and eggs in separate containers (clean the vegetables beforehand);
- Chop the ready-made potatoes with eggs as finely as possible (but not into a porridge), and chop the beets with the help of a large grater;
- Cucumber and balyk cut into small cubes;
- All components are mixed in one container, add kefir to them and season with salt (after that wait 5-10 minutes);
- Add mineral water, mix everything thoroughly;
- Pour the soup in plates and decorate each serving with finely chopped greens.
How to cook awesome delicious soup with sauerkraut, read our article.
Read how to make a soup of zucchini in cabbage, cheese or mushrooms.
Try to cook chicken kharcho soup according to our tips and photo recipes.
The recipe for hot beetroot kefir for weight loss
Those who follow the diet, too, can please yourself with the summer menu. The refrigerator itself is not a very high-calorie dish, but there is also a special option for losing weight. Of course, the recipe for such a soup is noticeably different from the usual version, but its taste will still leave a pleasant impression, and the kilograms will not even think about lingering.
- beets (peeled) — 1 kg;
- celery root — ½ pieces;
- kefir — 1.5 l;
- bay leaf — 3-4 pieces;
- salt — to taste.
Cooking time: 65 minutes.
Calories: 36 kcal.
- Peel the beets and, without cutting them into pieces, steam for 40 minutes;
- Ready to cool the root in cold water, and then cut into small cubes;
- Peel and chop celery root;
- Put crushed root in a saucepan, add water (0.5 l) and put on medium heat;
- When the contents of the saucepan boil, add the bay leaf and wait another 5 minutes;
- Add beetroot and kefir to the broth, season with salt, mix and boil again;
- The soup is ready to eat (anyone can grind it with a blender).
There is a cold version of the diet fridge. It can also be called the simplest version of the soup.
- beets — 3.5 kg;
- cucumber — 35 g;
- kefir — 1 l;
- garlic — 2 cloves;
- greens, salt — to taste.
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes.
Calories: 34 kcal.
- Wash cucumber, grind with a large grater;
- Baking unpeeled beets in the oven for half an hour (the raw root vegetable is equally suitable, but the baked product gives more juice);
- Ready to get the beets from the rind and grate, like cucumbers;
- Onion and dill finely chop and mix with salt and crushed garlic using a press;
- Combine the dressing with vegetables and pour kefir, let it brew for about half an hour;
- After a specified time, the soup can be diluted with boiling water to the desired consistency;
- If necessary, a little more dosolit, and then you can proceed to tasting.
Below are a few recommendations that are relevant in the preparation of holodnik with kefir for any recipe:
- dill is best used to decorate a beetroot, because it fits perfectly with the taste of kefir;
- in the present soup the taste is richer than that of the fresh one, but it is not recommended to keep this soup longer than two days;
- in order to remove the characteristic sharp taste from onion greens, you need to grind the chopped “feathers” of onion with a pinch of salt;
- to make the soup more dietary, you need to prefer kefir with the lowest percentage of fat;
- instead of boiled beets, you can add marinated kefir cooler, for many this option becomes even more preferable;
- eggs and beetroot for soup can be boiled in advance, and after some time (until these ingredients are required) to keep them in the refrigerator;
- to make all the components more tender and better soaked in broth, you need to rub them on a fine grater;
- beetroot can be added to the heartbeat by chopping some potatoes into it;
- if cucumbers used for cooking are too tight or even bitter peel, then it is necessary to cut it off.
These tips will be useful not only in the preparation of beetroot on kefir, but also in other culinary experiments.