Fruit and vegetable steeping has long been used, when sterilization was not yet available. For this, they took various containers — tubs, barrels. The vegetables and fruits harvested in this way were kept all winter. They acquired an unusual taste, something between a preservation and fresh fruit.
The main condition for long-term storage is the addition to apples, on the harvest of which speech and salt and sugar will be discussed.
Formed lactic acid, which acts as a preservative.
Preparations of pickled apples are stored according to the recipe in a cool place, ideally in the cellar.
First, prepare the fruit:
- Rinse them with running water, remove the stalks and leaves. It is advisable to use the whole without the dents of the fruit.
- At the bottom of the tank lay out half of the branches with leaves.
- On them, fold the fruit, not crushing and not tamping them.
- Cover the remaining branches so that they completely cover the fruit. Use a little mint — 2-3 sprigs, because it is a very fragrant spice. Also take a bit of branches.
Prepare the marinade for this simple recipe for roasted apples:
- Boil about 1 liter of water, add sugar and salt, stir until completely dissolved.
- Cool and dilute with cold, boiled water to the desired volume. On the bucket of fruit will need about 5 liters of liquid.
- Pour the contents so that the marinade covers them.
- From above lay a flat round plate — oppression. Install the load. Over the next 7 days, gradually add marinade. After a week, take the container to a cool place and leave it for 40–45 days.
Putting the fruit is best in cans of 3 liters.
We choose small fruits that fit tightly into a container and pass into the neck.
Prepare the fruit thoroughly: wash, remove litter and leaves.
We wash the urine tank with soda (not detergent!) And pour boiling water over it.
All branches are also washed and cleaned of garbage.
At the bottom of the jar we put the ingredients in the following sequence:
- a layer of leaves with branches of black currant, cherry, mint, lemon balm, raspberry or their pharmacy counterparts, if you could not find fresh leaves;
- You can add sour berries (800 grams per 7–8 kilograms of apples) — cranberries, viburnum;
- we lay out apples in one layer;
- put leaves and berries again;
- the second half of the fruit;
- cover with leaves so that the rest of the ingredients could not be seen.
On one three-liter jar it is necessary to prepare one and a half liters of marinade.
On 10 liters of such filling take 150 grams of salt, 300 grams of honey and 200 grams of rye flour.
Flour is pre-brewed in warm water and stirred to the consistency of sour cream.
Boil water, add brewed flour, honey and salt.
Cool and pour liquid into the container.
Put on plastic covers and wait 5–7 days.
During this time, the brine will ferment.
Then lower the dishes in the basement or cellar.
There is one small trick in the recipe: so that the mold does not appear, add to the jar of pickled apples before pouring the marinade 1 tablespoon of dry mustard powder.
In 4-6 weeks everything will be ready.
A demonstration of canned urine with sugar is shown below:
You will need the following components for this recipe for roasted apples:
- 20 kilograms of apples;
- half a kilo of sugar;
- 3 kilograms of rowan berries;
- 50 grams of salt;
- 10 liters of water.
Boil water, cool slightly.
Dissolve sugar and salt in it.
In a large container lay out the main fruits, peppered with rowan.
Pour marinade on top so that they are completely covered with it.
Put the oppression and set the load — a jar or pot of water, bricks.
The oppression must be covered with brine.
After 5-7 days, the dishes can be carried out in the cold.
During the week, if necessary, top up the marinade if the pressure is no longer covered with liquid.
A month later, you can feast on these blanks with rowan.
We bring to your attention this recipe in the video so that you can see the whole cooking process “first-hand”:
Cooked for this recipe fruits are sweet, beautiful golden color and extremely useful.
- Rinse the apples and berries of sea buckthorn under running water, dry. We take 100 grams of berries on 4 kilograms of apples.
- We spread the fruits in the dishes, pour sea buckthorn.
- Fill with pumpkin juice. To make it, we take a ripe pumpkin, peel it, cut it into pieces and boil with the addition of a small amount of water. When the flesh is cooked, it is necessary to knead it in the broth, cool it and pour apples with this mixture.
- Following the recipe of preparation, press down with a load for a week, then lower the stewed apples into the cellar.
The original recipes of liver cake from chicken liver. This dish is not only satisfying, but also healthy. Great for everyday meals and festive treats.
Bake zucchini with minced meat — this is the best solution for a summer feast. The ingredients perfectly complement each other, giving you an exceptional taste.
Would you like to surprise your family? Then cook shurpa from beef. Immerse yourself in the culinary traditions of the east here!
For urinating you need to take only whole, without cracks, dents and rot of the fruit.
It is best to use sweet, sugary varieties.
The more sour the fruit, the worse it will be stored.
Although if you soak the apples in order to use them within 2-4 weeks, you can take any variety.
It is important to observe the temperature at which the fruit will urinate.
Temperatures from 15 ° C to 22 ° C are considered optimal.
They give vegetables and fruits a rancid taste.
Dishes for the recipe for home-made peeled apples are better to take enameled — a large pan, a bucket.
You can also use glass containers or plastic, which is designed to store food.
Wash the tank thoroughly with baking soda.
So you disinfect the surface from bacteria.
A delicacy rich in vitamins can be easily made in a city apartment.
Use different ingredients.
Put mint in one jar, and thyme in another.
Experiment and enjoy healthy fruit throughout the winter.
And for dessert today serving an interesting recipe for apples in a rustic way: