How to cook apples in caramel at home
Caramel apples are a traditional delicacy that is prepared mostly in the fall, after harvest. You can cook this dish in a variety of ways.
Consider the most successful recipes for cooking dessert apples in caramel at home.
Note! Buy fruits from one of three varieties: Coke, Granny Smith or Golden.
Prepare also 5 long sticks of wood, similar to skewers and wax paper.
Cooking will take you a minimum of time, and this dish will become very relevant at the beginning of Halloween.
- Put a small saucepan on the stove and mix water with sugar in it;
- Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved;
- After the syrup boils, reduce the heat;
- Add oil, vinegar and cinnamon to the pan if desired;
- After that, the syrup should boil for another ten minutes;
- Stir all the time;
- The syrup will begin to thicken, water will boil away;
- If desired, you can add a red food coloring;
- Pour boiling water into a large pot and set it on fire;
- Put the fruit on the skewers until about the middle and dip them in boiling water for 2 minutes. This is necessary so that they become softer and the layer of natural wax collapses, without which the caramel will better grasp the surface of the fruit;
- Take out the fruits and blot them with a kitchen towel;
- Check the readiness of the caramel by dropping a little on the plate. At first it should be sticky and stretch well. The drop should quickly freeze even at room temperature;
- If the caramel has already reached the desired thickness, then with one hand hold the pan at an angle so that the bath is formed, and with the other dip the apples into the caramel, scrolling them in the solution several times to completely cover their surface;
- Dry dried fruit on parchment paper.
Cooked fruits can be eaten immediately after cooking. Store them no more than two days.
- 12 small apples;
- 400 grams of sugar;
- 3 tbsp. l lemon juice;
- Some vanilla;
- Food color red in liquid form;
- Olive oil.
- Rinse fruit well and wipe dry. Otherwise, the caramel may not stick to the skin;
- Put the fruit on long plastic or wooden skewers;
- Put the saucepan on a slow fire, add sugar and lemon juice to it;
- Stir constantly with a wooden spoon;
- Add vanillin and a colorant to the dissolved sugar, if you want the frosting to turn red;
- Smear a plate of olive oil and lay on it cooked apples in caramel. This coating dishes will prevent you from sticking;
- Apples should lie on a plate until the caramel is firm.
The fruits prepared according to this recipe are bright and sweet, and look just superb. After the caramel layer is completely cured, the fruit can be wrapped in a beautiful package.
The Chinese ascribe to themselves the discovery of the recipe for caramel apples. What is the specificity of their recipe?
- One apple;
- 200 grams of sugar;
- 1 tsp sesame;
- A piece of butter;
- Distilled water — incomplete pile;
- 4 tbsp. l high-grade flour;
- One chicken egg;
- 1 tsp sunflower oil (rast.).
So, the process is phased:
- Preheat oven to 200 o C;
- In a small saucepan, mix the water with the butter and bring to a boil;
- Remove from the heat and stir in the flour;
- Allow the choux pastry to cool for a few minutes;
- Add one egg to the dough and mix;
- Peel the fruit and seeds, cut into small squares;
- Add the sliced apples into the pan with custard dough and mix well;
- Take a teaspoon and use it to lay out apples on a baking sheet greased with margarine;
- Put the dish in the preheated oven for 25 minutes;
- Once the dish is ready, remove it from the oven and let it cool;
- While the dough is cooling off, cook in a thick-walled saucepan caramel made from vegetable oil and sugar. At the end, add sesame to it;
- Remove the brew from the stove;
- In a deep bowl pour cold water;
- Cover a tray with a towel and keep nearby;
- Throw a few slices of apple into the pan with melted caramel, stir, remove with a skimmer and dip into cold water;
- After that, immediately remove and lay on a paper napkin;
- Do the same procedure with all the pieces of apples.
After the napkins absorb excess moisture, dessert can be eaten.
Another variation of cooking apples in caramel.
- 10 medium apples of different colors;
- 400 grams of caramels;
- 3 tbsp. l fat milk;
- Dusting to decorate.
- Take a deep plate and fill in the dressing in order to decorate the glazed apples on top;
- Slightly heat the apples in the microwave so that they soften;
- Remove the tails, and in their place stick in the skewers of wood;
- Put caramel candies in a deep plate and fill them with milk;
- Put in a microwave and keep there until they turn into a thick caramel mass;
- Dip an apple in caramel, while holding it by the wand;
- Spend sticky apple in circular motions on the dusting;
- Serve on the table, putting the apples on the plate.
Biscuit cake, recipes with photos and various options for toppings. You will have at least ten new variants of a simple biscuit.
Watch the video how to make ice cream at home. Plimbir, fruit, Italian gelato — all this in our article.
Delicate creamy yoghurt cream for the cake you enjoy. You will definitely enjoy its exquisite taste. Read the recipe.
- Up to 20 medium apples;
- 500 grams of vanilla caramels;
- 3 tbsp. l cow milk;
- 3 cups chopped nuts;
- 200 grams of milk or dark chocolate;
- 0.5 tbsp. l flour;
- 0.5 tbsp. l butter (fat) oil.
- Wash and dry the fruit thoroughly;
- Remove all tails;
- In the places where there were tails, insert skewers;
- Choose a small thick-walled pot and pour the caramel into it, pour in the milk;
- Cook the syrup on low heat, while not forgetting to mix it all the time;
- Carry out heat treatment until the caramel dissolves;
- When you see that the caramel is ready and is a homogeneous stretching slush, remove from heat;
- One by one, dip the apples in a soft caramel mass, scrolling so that the coating is over the entire surface of the fruit;
- Hold a little apple over the pan to drain off the excess caramel syrup;
- After that, roll the fruit in finely chopped nuts;
- Next, put the fruit on the oiled parchment paper;
- Leave for half an hour, so that the caramel thickens well;
- In another thick-walled saucepan, dissolve the chocolate with butter and flour. It is necessary to do this only on low heat, so that the chocolate slowly melts and does not burn;
- As soon as the mass becomes homogeneous, remove it from the heat and whisk it with a whisk to eliminate the appearance of lumps;
- Take in a spoon a little chocolate and pour over the glazed apples, creating an intricate pattern;
- After hardening chocolate fudge — the dish is ready to eat.
- Such a delicacy can be prepared for such holidays as Halloween, Guy Fawkes Day, Thanksgiving Day, New Year, Christmas, or just for a change in the daily menu;
- To make the ready dish easier to store, each apple should be wrapped in parchment paper or foil and put in the fridge. So they will not stick and get dirty;
- As a rule, one layer of caramel is not enough and on the apples can be formed bald spots. Therefore, as soon as the first layer slightly heats up, apply another layer, dipping the fruit in a caramel bath;
- If the caramel has become very thick, then it should be heated on a low fire, stirring all the time;
- If apples in caramel are placed in a plastic bag and a hermetic tray, they can be stored in the refrigerator for about a week. Before eating fruits from the refrigerator, they must be removed and allowed to stand on the table for an hour.
Delicious and healthy delicacy, which is very easy to cook at home — Disney apples:
Caramel apples are very popular with both children and adults. Choose a recipe that you prefer and delight this incredibly delicious delicacy of loved ones.