How to cook a quick, satisfying and inexpensive dish? We offer to stay on potatoes and beans. It can be prepared in various ways, each time being surprised at the new taste. A budget dinner option that looks incredibly appetizing!
- Peel the potatoes and wash them. If the tubers are very large, cut them into two or four pieces;
- In a broiler or a small saucepan, where potatoes will later be prepared, it is necessary to pour some oil and heat it;
- Then put the potatoes here and fry them until a crust of ruddy color appears;
- Beans, pre-soaked in water for seven hours, cook until half cooked. Water must be left;
- Peel the carrot off and cut it into small sticks;
- Remove the husks from the onion and finely chop it, add it to the potatoes along with the carrots;
- All fry until soft, stirring occasionally;
- Next, add the beans with water and season to taste;
- Wash tomatoes, cut the stem, make a cross from below with a knife and put them in boiling water for two minutes. Then peel, and chop the flesh itself and add to the total mass;
- Tomato paste to dissolve in a small amount of water and pour into the pan;
- Mix everything, make the minimum fire and close the lid. Simmer for at least half an hour, checking the potatoes for readiness. Serve with chopped greens.
- 550 g pork;
- 1 onion;
- 260 g of beans;
- 6 cloves of garlic;
- 6 potatoes;
- 1 pod of red pepper;
- 3 tomatoes;
- 1 sweet pepper.
Time — 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Calories per 100 g — 115 kcal.
- Pork wash under running water, cut it into small equal pieces;
- Wash the potatoes and peel them off, cut them into the same cubes;
- Beans that have been soaked for the night, you need to cook until tender. At the very end, when the water already needs to be drained, you can salt it a little;
- Wash the sweet pepper, pull out its stalk together with the seeds, cut off the white partitions. Cut the flesh itself into small cubes;
- Peel the husks from the bulbs and garlic;
- Finely chop the onion, chop the garlic with a knife, or pass it through a squeezer;
- Washed tomatoes scalded with boiling water and quickly remove the skin from them, cut the stem. The rest is finely chopped or interrupted by a blender. You can take 8 cherry tomatoes;
- Take a frying pan or saucepan with a thick bottom, put the meat here. Add quite a bit of sunflower oil;
- Fry the meat so that the crust appears. It usually takes fifteen minutes;
- After that, pour the chopped onion, mix and wait until the root vegetable is browned;
- Add sweet peppers, mix all the products and let them fry for five minutes;
- Then add potatoes and garlic, mix everything and cover;
- It is necessary to bring the potatoes to readiness. If necessary, add a little water so as not to burn;
- Add beans, chopped tomatoes, various spices. Red pepper is finely chopped on the surface, which is then easy to wash. Add to the total mass, mix;
- Stew the stew for another seven minutes with the lid closed. Serve with fresh vegetables or herbs.
- 650 g of potatoes;
- 10 g of tomato paste;
- 5 g of salt;
- 280 ml of water;
- 2 g black pepper;
- 1 onion;
- 340 grams of green beans;
- 1 carrot;
- 45 ml of sunflower oil.
The time is 45 minutes.
Calories per 100 g — 75 kcal.
- Washed and peeled carrots rub large;
- Peel the husks off the onion and chop them into small cubes with a knife;
- Heat sunflower oil in a broiler and place onions and carrots in it;
- Stir the roots and sauté them for ten minutes;
- At this time, you need to peel the potatoes, wash them and cut into medium cubes;
- When the roots are already limp, it is necessary to add potatoes to them and mix everything. Leave on to brown;
- Wash the string beans and, if it is too long, cut into several pieces;
- Add it to the potato when it has already acquired a crust;
- Dissolve some tomato paste in warm water, add spices and pour the whole mass to the rest of the products. Mix;
- Stew the whole mass until the beans are ready. It usually takes no more than ten minutes.
Stewed potatoes with ribs and green beans
- 1100 g of potatoes;
- 320 g of green beans;
- 2 bay leaves;
- 1 onion;
- 850 g pork ribs;
- 280 ml of tomato sauce;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 green pepper;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 20 grams of parsley;
- 1 red pepper.
Calories per 100 grams — 133 kcal.
- You need to cook in a cauldron or in a pot with thick walls. It should be put on the fire and pour a little sunflower oil;
- Rinse the pork ribs under water and cut them into pieces on the bone;
- Peeled garlic with whole slices to throw in the oil and, if it immediately began to smell and hiss, then you can immediately put meat into the cauldron;
- Sprinkle the desired amount of salt and pepper on top;
- Stir and leave to roast;
- Onions free from husks and cut into medium cubes;
- Peel carrots and cut them into sticks, not too large;
- Once the ribs have gained a light crust, they need to send the roots;
- Wash red and green peppers, remove fruit stalks with seeds from them, cut off all white walls. Cut into small cubes and, if the onion in the cauldron has already become light, send the pepper to the same place;
- At the washed beans, cut the tails at both ends and cut all the pods in half;
- When the vegetables and meat are almost ready, you should pour in the tomato paste and stir everything;
- To taste and color you can add a little paprika;
- Peel the potatoes and wash them, cut them into large pieces and send them to the meat;
- Following the potatoes, add beans and about two pinches of salt to the cauldron;
- Pour about half the water, mix, put laurel sheets and more spices to taste. Close the cauldron and simmer for half an hour on the smallest fire;
- Pour chopped parsley on top before serving.
Read how to make dietary hash on kefir in our article.
Read how to cook a delicious lingonberry sauce for meat — a wonderful addition to all meat dishes.
Try to cook juicy chicken wings in batter according to our recipes.
- 450 grams of potatoes;
- 40 g of tomato paste;
- 2 onions;
- 1 can of canned beans (about 400 g);
- 2 carrots;
- 5 g Italian herbs;
- 1 leaf laurel.
The time is 40 minutes.
Calories per 100 g — 62 kcal.
- Pull the beans out of the jar and give it time to drain;
- Onion release from the husk and finely chop it;
- In two different pans pour a little sunflower oil and put to warm up;
- Cut the carrots into small cubes or strips;
- Washed and peeled potatoes cut into pieces;
- In a frying pan, send carrots and onions to be browned, and put potatoes in another, and fry them so that a crust appears;
- Then in the larger pan, mix the ingredients together and add about a glass of water in which you first dilute the tomato paste;
- Salt, add spices;
- Let simmer for twenty minutes over low heat, then add beans and laurel leaf;
- Mix everything, hold on the fire for fifteen minutes and serve as a separate dish or side dish.
There is no big difference between canned and dry beans, if we consider these recipes. The canned version even saves time. And if you take the beans in tomato sauce, then the need for pasta disappears.
You can use medium-sized new potatoes for this dish. It is desirable to soak in salt water for two hours, and only after that to cook. This will help remove the extra bitterness that paprika can give.
To make the dish look more colorful, you can take red instead of regular onions. He will not completely lose color when cooked. At the same time it is necessary to cut it into quarter-rings.
Cooking potatoes with beans is quite simple and quick, especially since you can eat it even in fasting. A small portion will be very satisfying, so that the Kazanka should be enough for at least two meals for the whole family. Enjoy your meal!