Sometimes it comes as a surprise — and how did our ancestors of pre-Petrine times manage without mother-potatoes? Now this blessed fruit of the land of America in Russia is called the “second bread”, and this is not an exaggeration.
Potatoes, like bread, can be eaten with almost any kind of food: fresh and salted vegetables, fish, meat, milk, eggs, and the number of dishes that can be prepared from it is simply incalculable. AT
remember the heroine of the old movie «Girls» Tosya Kislitsynu, who claimed to know about fifty recipes with potatoes.
But, according to many Russian — and not only Russian — gourmets, fried potatoes with bacon are especially tasty. We present how those supporters of numerous diets will wince at these words: calories, “harmful” cholesterol — fi!
But, firstly, we do not urge anyone to cook this dish for every day, and a couple of times a month — why not arrange a “belly feast”?
Secondly, what prevents us in the following days from “correcting the situation” by jogging along the park paths or spending an extra hour in the gym? And finally, thirdly, as the classic of world literature Sholom Aleichem once said, if you can’t, but really want to, it means you can.
Well, now, when we have jointly convinced nutritionists of the innocence of our intentions, and at the same time calmed our conscience, we can begin the sacrament of culinary sorcery.
Let’s start with the simplest recipe — fried potatoes with bacon and onion. But simply — it does not mean it is not tasty, and having tasted the dish, you will once again be convinced of this.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into strips (it is possible and just slices, as long as they are not too large);
- Do the same with the bow;
- Fat cut into small pieces;
- Put on a preheated pan and heat;
- When fat appears, add potatoes and fry, stirring constantly;
- Shortly before being ready to pour onions into the pan and fry until they acquire a golden hue.
Sprinkle the finished dish with dill. As a side dish to it is perfect salad with fresh vegetables.
Potatoes on lard are not so much a typical Russian as an East Slavic dish. Ukraine has its own recipe for this dish. Here is what it looks like:
- 1 kg of potatoes;
- 60 gr. cracklings (finely crumbled and roasted to the limit pieces of lard or fatty meat);
- 60 gr. cooked lard;
- 60 gr. fresh;
- 2-3 medium heads of onion turnips.
- salt to taste
Cooking takes half an hour.
How many calories in fried potatoes in fat — 750/100 g (remember about the bacon and sigh …).
The volume shown is enough for 4 servings.
- Tubers clean and crumble;
- Do the same with the bow;
- Cut into small cubes and fry in a hot frying pan fresh fat;
- Sliced potatoes and onions separately overcooked on melted;
- Combine both ingredients by adding greaves;
- Salt, mix and bring to readiness in the oven at a temperature of 120ºС (5-10 minutes).
The food is as tasty as it is caloric, so only people with a healthy digestive system are able to digest it.
If you cook a dish not with the usual, but with smoked salsa, it acquires a very special taste and aroma. Let’s try?
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 8 medium sized potatoes;
- 8 slices of smoked bacon;
- salt — to your taste.
The duration of the procedure is 30 minutes.
100 g of food — 680 kcal (calorie smoked product is higher than fresh or salted).
Recipe for fried potatoes with smoked bacon step by step:
- Peel potatoes, cut into thin slices.
- Rinse a couple of times in cold water.
- Arrange the slices on a paper napkin to dry slightly.
- The second component of the «duet» cut into long strips.
- Put the smoked meat on a hot skillet and fry well on both sides (medium heat) until it starts to “float” in fat.
- Put the same potatoes there, having increased the flame so that the moisture would leave faster, and fry, without covering with a lid.
- As soon as the potato slices begin to roast from the bottom, turn them over to another flank.
- Stir the dish so that it does not overheat, but becomes a golden-rosy color.
Upon request, when serving on a plate, you can put one or two “eyes” of fried eggs on each plate.
If the beer in the fridge is left on the bottom, it’s time to bake lacy pancakes on beer.
Georgian Ajapsandali with meat — the dish resembles a stew, but at the same time spices and special roasting gives it the same Caucasian flavor, for which we love this cuisine.
Not everyone likes prunes, but if you still love it, try our fresh-prune pie recipe — you will never forget its taste.
The mushroom component will make our potatoes even tastier, although it seems that there is no place more delicious.
- champignons (fresh or frozen) — 300 g;
- potato tubers — 1 kg;
- salty bacon — 150 gr .;
- onions — 2 medium heads.
- sunflower oil — 2 tbsp. spoons.
Preparation will take no more than half an hour.
The number of calories per 100 grams is 650.
Steps for cooking fried potatoes with mushrooms and salted bacon:
- Peel the mushrooms (if necessary, defrost first), cut into plates of medium thickness;
- Potatoes should also be peeled and cut into 0.5 cm thick slices or in cubes with a section of 1 cm;
- Salce crumble in small cubes.
- Onions free from husk, chop medium.
- Heat the fat in a hot frying pan.
- Put the potatoes there, fry without a lid, constantly stirring and turning.
- Fry mushrooms with onions separately in vegetable oil.
- Connect all components.
Serve with salted or fresh vegetables.
This miracle pot has long become an indispensable assistant in the kitchen for all housewives. With it, you can cook almost everything, including our potatoes. You just need to take:
- 1 kg of potato tubers;
- 150-200 grams of salty bacon;
- 1 PC. repch Luke;
- 3-4 medium prongs of garlic;
- var. butter — 1 spoon;
- spices, salt.
Cooking time: 25 min.
Calories per 100 grams — about 630 kcal.
Step by step cooking potatoes in bacon in a slow cooker:
- Tubers, onions, peel garlic;
- Potatoes cut into slices, onion, garlic, bacon — crumble;
- Fat put in a bowl of the cooker and cook in frying mode until the pieces become crisp;
- Catch them from the fat and put in a separate plate;
- Add oil to the melted fat and put the potato pieces in it;
- Onion half rings are placed on them, salt and pepper are added.
Fry until golden brown, lay out the dish on a plate, sprinkle it with crispy roast, garlic, skipped through garlic press, and chopped parsley.
- if salty lard is included in the dish, then it should be salted gently — otherwise there is a risk of “overdoing”;
- Slices of potatoes before frying should be washed in cold water and dried — this will help them not to stick together during cooking;
- it is better to cut off the skin on the fat: after roasting it will become firm and it will be difficult to chew it.
And, most importantly, no need to be afraid — even an overly experienced hostess will be able to pamper their household with such yummy. As for the diet, make this dish festive, Sunday, — and then it is unlikely to cause serious harm to your figure.