Dried tomatoes — a product that is used in cooking not so long ago, but already enjoys quite a lot of popularity. Do not believe it, but tomatoes can be wilted at home, which means that you will be confident in their naturalness and quality. Want to try? Let’s go with us! Join now!
To get delicious dried tomatoes, buy a few pounds a little and get to work right away. To do this, you also need to know which varieties / types / sizes / colors are suitable. That is why you must read this article and only then go shopping.
The very first sign of suitable tomatoes is their level of ripeness. Choose those that are already well matured. Medium-sized, fleshy tomatoes with thick skins are ideal for curing. If it is possible to take those that are grown under the direct rays of the sun, give them preference. Tomatoes born in a greenhouse do not smell as bright as “street” ones. If you choose a grade, then let it be plum-shaped — cream / cherry or just those that are similar in size to the data of the variety.
To dry the tomatoes faster, do not take over-ripe, because they have more juice and, accordingly, they will need more time to dry. Take hard fruit, with a smooth skin and without damage.
How to dry tomatoes in the oven:
- Wash fruits and dry a little. Cut cores;
- Cut tomatoes into halves, if they are not very large, and quarters, if they are larger;
- Cover the baking sheet with parchment and put the tomato slices next to each other. You can even on each other;
- Collect sugar and salt in a bowl and ground black pepper. Stir the mixture of loose components;
- Sprinkle tomatoes with the dry mixture so that each slice receives its “share”;
- Sprinkle tomatoes with dried spices;
- Peel the garlic cloves and spread them evenly over the baking tray;
- Sprinkle everything with olive oil;
- Heat the oven to 125 degrees and dry the fruits for 4-5 hours;
- It is mandatory to use convection mode or put a stick in the oven door so that air can penetrate inside;
- Cool the ready-made tomatoes and then put them into dry, washed jars, alternating layers: tomato-chopped garlic + herbs;
- At the end of the jar, pour olive oil into the jars, filling in the empty spaces;
- You can store a few weeks in the refrigerator.
- 50 ml of vegetable oil;
- 5 grams of olive grass;
- 5 cloves of garlic;
- 10 tomatoes;
- 2 grams of sea salt.
Cooking time — 30 minutes.
Calories per 100 grams — 41 cal.
- Wash and dry fruits;
- Cut each tomato into four parts, pulling out membranes, seeds and juice;
- Put the fruits on a dish that will fit in a microwave;
- Combine herbs with salt and mix;
- Sprinkle tomatoes with dry pick;
- Microwave tomatoes at high power for five minutes;
- At the end of time, get the tomatoes and cool them, drain the extra juice (if it is formed);
- Cool cooled tomatoes in the microwave for another five minutes;
- Pull out and cool the tomatoes, drain their juice, and then send again for five minutes one last time;
- Peel the garlic and cut into slices;
- After the third time, cooled fruits are put into pre-washed jars, alternating layers of tomatoes with garlic layer. Pour over oil and store in a cool place.
Dried vegetables at home in an electric dryer
- 4 kg of ripe tomatoes;
- 15 grams of sea salt;
- 10 grams of olive grass;
- 1.5 heads of garlic;
- 250 ml of olive oil.
Drying time — 10 hours.
Calories in 100 grams — 233 calories.
How to dry tomatoes:
- Wash tomatoes and cut in halves;
- Cut the cores and pull out the middle with a spoon (membranes / juice / bones);
- Lay the fruit flat side down on paper towels for fifteen minutes;
- Close the dryer with a lid, not yet inserting pallets and warm it up for five minutes;
- Put the fruit on four pallets with flat sides up;
- Salt all the tomatoes and sprinkle them with herbs;
- Put the trays in drying one on the other and put 70 degrees;
- Indicate the timer for nine hours and close the lid dryer;
- For nine hours, trays are reversed. Approximately every two hours;
- Garlic peel and cut into slices;
- Heat the frying pan with all the butter and add the garlic. Bring to the moment of «boiling» and remove.
- At the bottom of the sterilized jars (cans) pour the oil, and then lay out a layer of tomatoes and garlic. Next, tomatoes again — garlic. Alternate to the top.
- Let it brew at least three hours and you can eat.
- 1500 grams of tomatoes;
- 10 grams of salt;
- 250 ml of vegetable oil;
- 3 cloves of garlic;
- 10 grams of dry ground rosemary;
- 3 leaves of laurel;
- 10 grams of olive grass.
Cooking time — 3 hours.
Calories per 100 grams — 213 calories.
How to wither tomatoes in oil at home:
- Wash tomatoes and dry. Cut them into medium pieces;
- Put the fruit on a baking sheet, as we will dry in the oven;
- Salt all the tomatoes;
- Heat oven to 150 degrees;
- Send a baking tray with tomatoes in the oven for three hours;
- Turn off the oven, leave the tomatoes inside;
- Peel and chop the garlic;
- Put tomatoes in washed jars, alternating them with garlic, bay leaf and herbs;
- Heat oil to almost boiling and pour tomatoes;
- Wrap the cans to cool, store for several months.
How to cook dried vegetables according to the recipe of Julia Vysotsky
- 10 medium sized tomatoes;
- 50 ml of olive oil;
- 10 cloves of garlic;
- 10 sprigs of rosemary;
- 5-10 grams of salt.
Cooking time — 6 hours and 30 minutes.
The calorie content of the product is 154 calories.
How to cook tomatoes in oil:
- Cut the tomatoes into halves, washing them previously;
- Remove the middle with a spoon and cut out the cores;
- Preheat oven at 40 degrees;
- Put the tomatoes on a baking sheet and salt;
- Send a baking tray with tomatoes in the oven until they are withered (about six hours);
- There must be a grill above the tray;
- Ready to pull the fruit and cool;
- Peel the garlic and cut into plates;
- Sprigs of rosemary cut into two parts;
- In a pre-washed jars, pour a small amount of oil on the bottom, and then lay out a layer of tomatoes — half a sprig of rosemary and a few plates of garlic;
- Alternate layers to the top, and then pour with oil;
- Remove insist at least two weeks.
- 800 grams of cherry;
- 400 ml of olive oil;
- 4 cloves of garlic;
- 15 grams of olive grass;
- 15 grams of sugar;
- 15 grams of salt.
Cooking time — 4 hours and 20 minutes.
Calories — 228 calories.
How to wither cherry:
- Rinse the tomatoes well and dry them;
- Cut the cherry in half;
- Pull out the seeds, juice and cut the hearts from each half;
- Cherry tomatoes firmly lay on an oven sheet, covered with baking paper;
- Sugar, salt and herbs to combine and sprinkle with a mixture of tomatoes;
- Heat the oven to 95 degrees and dry the cherry for four hours;
- Ready to cool the fruit;
- Garlic rid of peel, cut into plates;
- At the bottom of a pre-sterilized jar pour a little oil, put the tomatoes and alternate them with garlic;
- At the end, pour the tomatoes with garlic butter to the top;
- Store jars of cherry in the refrigerator.
Cake with poppy seeds — an incredibly delicious dessert, cooking that you can experiment by creating new flavor duets. Try to make this delicacy.
Recipe with a photo of delicious rich soup with mushrooms — cook according to our recipe.
Prepare delicious hot sandwiches with sprats in the oven.
Sun-dried tomatoes — a product that is considered piquant and more and more often it is added to dishes. Where can they be added, with what they are and how will it taste better?
Dried tomatoes have long been a classic addition to a variety of salads and pizza toppings. But, in addition to this, valenny tomatoes can be eaten and just like that, for example, on bruschetta. What it is?
This is bread, but most often a piece of baguette, dried in a pan, is a grill. Spread any stuffing on it and serve as a snack. In the classic version, tomatoes are given cheese, greens, and bruschetta is smeared with sauce or simply sprinkled with olive oil.
Such tomatoes, including, can be added to pastries. They just need to grind and can be added to bread, buns, muffins and so on.
Different types of pasta can also vary the dried tomatoes. They can be added to sauces, in dressings or served with meat / fish.
Some say that dried tomatoes can only be stored in the refrigerator or in another cold place. Others shout that they can be safely stored at room temperature. How is it nevertheless more correct or where is it better to store dried tomatoes?
When cooking tomatoes, pull out the wet middle (juice / seeds). So the tomatoes are better dried and can stand longer at high temperatures.
Tomatoes need to be well dried, so that the middle parts do not remain wet. When pouring into jars, use hot oil, fresh from the frying pan / stew-pan. It is better to even pour it into hot, freshly sterilized jars. Immediately spin and in the blanket.
The best way to dry tomatoes is the sun. This is a natural method that knows exactly how tomatoes should be dried. After drying the tomatoes in the sun, you can store jars longer at room temperature. But it is also worth considering that this drying is the longest.
Dried tomatoes can be prepared in different ways. They are delicious and you can add them to almost all dishes, diversifying your diet. To prepare such a delicacy is not at all difficult, given the several rules.
Such tomatoes like not only you, but also your family and friends. Try to prepare each recipe and find the way that suits you the most. Good luck and bon appetit!