Potato chips are originally made from very thinly chopped tubers. Later they began to make mashed potatoes, add various seasonings and flavor enhancers, flour and starch.
For the first time, potato products, similar to modern chips, appeared in the middle of the nineteenth century. Initially, it was a rather expensive dish, served only in restaurants. However, with the development of the technology of mass production of food, they began to enter the free market, quickly gaining well-deserved love.
Thanks to the achievements of the chemical industry, modern chips have a wide variety of flavors and a very long shelf life. However, not all consumers are satisfied with this situation. After all, there were quite a few shortcomings:
- Too much flavor and salt;
- Too high price;
- The presence in the composition of other products for the «volume» — flour, starch, melange.
If you remove all the negative aspects, the potato chips — a delicious, original and even dietary product. Buy these in the store is almost impossible, but you can make them yourself. Here are some recipes for cooking them at home.
Simple recipes for delicious potato chips at home
The easiest way to cook chips at home is in a frying pan or in a deep saucepan. In addition, for frying potato circles, you can use a fryer.
How and what to do:
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly, if the skin is thin and without visible damage, then it is acceptable not to peel it;
- Now we must very thinly chop the tubers into circles with a very sharp knife or with the help of a shred;
- Dip the sliced potatoes in cold water. This is necessary in order to wash off the extra starch, then the finished chips will be very crispy;
- Pour the oil into a deep saucepan and heat it well;
- Dip the circles of potatoes in boiling oil in small batches, do not allow sticking of the pieces;
- Thin slices are fried very quickly, in just a few seconds. Carefully take them out with a skimmer and lay a new batch;
- To remove excess fat, put a paper towel on a plate;
- While the chips are hot, sprinkle them with sea salt, if desired, you can add pepper, paprika, dried dill and other seasonings.
Spicy and spicy sauces are very good with this dish. And if you salt it harder, you get a great beer snack.
If the fried chips in the pan seem too fat to you, then you can cook a diet in the oven. When baking using the minimum amount of oil, and, if desired, you can do without it.
For cooking chips at home in the oven you will need:
- Potato neat oval;
- Refined vegetable oil or baking paper;
- Large (preferably sea) salt;
- Ground pepper mixture.
Cooking delicious and healthy potato chips in the oven:
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly and peel off the skin;
- Peeled potatoes should be cut into very thin circles, it is better to use a special shredder for this;
- After slicing, rinse the potatoes thoroughly in running water, then dry with a linen towel;
- Grease a baking dish with a very thin layer of refined vegetable oil or cover it with baking paper;
- Spread the potato pieces evenly along the bottom of the form, make sure that they do not touch;
- Bake with an average heat of 7-10 minutes, in the process you can “stir up” future chips a bit so that they roast evenly;
- Mix coarse salt, paprika and ground pepper mixture in a small bowl, sprinkle with ready hot potatoes.
This dish can be served as an appetizer and as a side dish. Even if you are an adherent of a healthy lifestyle, do not deny yourself this tasty and healthy delicacy.
And now we suggest combining these two recipes and making chips at home, first in the pan and then in the oven. As in the video story below:
Many use this kitchen unit only for heating food. But in most models, you can successfully cook almost any dish. For example, tasty and crispy potato chips.
For them you will need:
- Large potato oblong form — 1-2 pcs .;
- Refined vegetable oil — 1 tsp.
- Coarse sea salt — 3 g;
- On request — red pepper and paprika to taste;
- In addition, you will need a bag or baking sleeve.
Let’s start cooking chips in the microwave:
- Wash, peel and finely chop the potatoes;
- Put the pieces of root vegetables in a baking bag, add salt to it, if you use seasonings, and pour in a spoonful of vegetable oil;
- Tightly hold the bag and shake it well, be careful — thin circles of potatoes break easily;
- Now cut the package so that it seems to open, carefully cut off the protruding edges so that they do not interfere with the torsion of the plate;
- The cooking time of chips in the microwave depends on its power, usually from five to ten minutes.
In this recipe, it is better to salt the potatoes immediately, since the microwaves contribute to the fairly rapid evaporation of the liquid from the product, the salt will delay it a little.
In the process of cooking, you can turn and move the pieces from the edge to the center and vice versa.
Do not do a lot of chips in the microwave at once. When layered on each other, the circles of the potatoes tightly stick together and not fried. It is better to divide the cooking into stages.
The method of cooking potato products in a microwave for 5 minutes, see the video:
Recipe for Delicious Garlic Chips from Mashed Potatoes
If you have a little mashed potatoes left from dinner, you can make very tasty chips based on it.
In addition, you will need a waffle iron.
A big plus of this dish — you can fantasize with tastes as much as you like.
Any spices, seasonings, additional products are added to the puree.
So, prepare garlic snack chips from mashed potatoes, and for them you will need:
- Starchy potato varieties — 0.5 kg;
- Strong beef broth — 250 ml;
- One chicken egg;
- Wheat flour — 80-120 g;
- Garlic cloves — 2-3 pieces;
- Refined vegetable oil for greasing waffle irons.
After work, come home and instead of resting, get to the stove? Of course, the stomach requires food from time to time and this process does not stop. We offer a couple of evenings a break from cooking and buying pita breads. Just wrap the stuffing in them and dinner is ready! Recipes fillings for pita for every taste. It’s easy, fast and, believe me, satisfying!
Everyone can bake potatoes in a country style oven! It’s so easy! Especially if you read our recipes. Visit us on the site more often, we have saved a lot of interesting and tasty things!
Culinary methods of cooking chicken stomachs, read here. Even if you have your own time-tested recipe with these by-products, you will find a lot of useful things for yourself.
- Boil washed and peeled potatoes until ready in salted water;
- Drain the broth from the finished potato and carefully explain it. You can use a blender, but at the lowest speed, otherwise mashed potatoes will get an unpleasant consistency of paste;
- Now pour in the hot broth and stir well;
- Beat the egg in a separate bowl, not necessarily “to the peaks,” simply mix the white and yolk;
- Enter the egg in mashed potatoes;
- Peel the garlic, press it through the press and knead it into the crushed potato;
- Sift flour and add it to the rest of the ingredients, it may need a little more or less. The mass for baking should be quite thick, but it is easy to spread on the surface;
- If necessary, dosolite;
- Grease the waffle iron with butter, cook chips in it on the same principle as thin waffles;
- Serve the ready snack with tomato sauce.
We offer to watch a video on how to make chips at home from mashed potatoes with seasonings:
Cooking crispy strips of hard cheese in the oven
Potatoes are not the only source for cooking chips. Delicious thin and crispy strips are obtained from cheese.
They can be prepared in several ways:
- In the pan;
- In the oven;
- In the microwave;
This time we will use the oven.
To make cheese chips in the oven you will need:
- Hard cheese (Parmesan) — 80-100 g;
- Sweet paprika — to taste.
Now about how to make cheese chips at home, in detail:
- Grate Parmesan on the largest grater;
- Mix grated cheese with sweet paprika, you can add a little dried dill for color and flavor;
- Cover the baking sheet with baking paper or foil;
- Pour the cheese in a thin layer, leaving free space, the dish should look like a lace knit;
- Dry in the oven with low heat until the cheese is completely melted, about 3-7 minutes;
- Cool the cheese chips on a baking sheet, then carefully remove and break into portions.
Appetizing carrot chips.
Chips can be made from almost any vegetables and fruits.
For example, beetroot, carrot, apple and even cauliflower.
This is a good way to teach choosy children to eat healthy foods.
In all cases, except roasting in the microwave, salt the potatoes ready, but hot.
With this method, it turns out to be crisp and moderately salty. The same applies to the pritav and spices.
Be sure to soak or rinse the potato chips before frying. This will remove extra starch from them.
You can make homemade chips not only round.
Peel the potatoes and peel off the thin strips with a peeler. Roast them in hot oil or in the oven.
Get beautiful chips-spiral. Do not be afraid to experiment!
We offer right now to prepare healthy, tasty and crunchy vegetable chips for snacking between meals.
On how to make such products at home, watch the video: