In the spring, when our body suffers from a lack of vitamins, I want to quickly get in shape with the help of delicious dishes. And as often happens, tasty is not always useful.
But not in the case of carrot cutlets. Do not believe? Try it yourself!
The big question is: do carrot vitamins remain in cutlets?
Is it worth talking about the benefits of this vegetable? Everyone knows that it contains a large amount of useful mineral salts, fiber, vitamins of different groups, fatty and even essential oils. But the main benefit of carrots for our body is carotene.
Since it is a question of the benefits of the product, it is equally important that during the heat treatment as many vitamins are saved. But fortunately, carrots are products that preserve their beneficial properties to the maximum, even after being heat treated.
Doctors advise to use this vegetable to people suffering from beriberi, and to all those who want to simply strengthen the body. All dishes, which are based on carrots, are included in the dietary and children’s menu.
Especially the vegetable is useful for people who have weakened kidney, heart and liver function. Everyone knows that carrot juice is rich in vitamin A, it has a positive effect on poor eyesight and is indispensable for a child’s body. However, not everyone knows that all the beneficial properties of the product are revealed with the right combination with vegetable and animal fats.
It is also worth noting that stewed and boiled carrots have the same beneficial properties. However, the juice of this vegetable is considered the most useful.
But here, too, there are pitfalls, since in order to get the juice the product has to be machined, during which a small part of the elements disappears. It follows that preference should be given only to fresh carrots.
Answering the main question is a bit difficult. If carrots for cutlets were originally cooked, then in the course of a chemical reaction, its antioxidant properties increased in it. But the cooking process should take no more than 7 minutes to save falkarinol — a substance that reduces the development of a cancer.
But know that cutlets from boiled carrots are calorie-rich, since during heat treatment, fiber “reincarnates” into simple sugars.
An active increase in the use of the product occurs in combination with nuts, avocados and, of course, oils. Despite the fact that the substance called beta-carotene is not toxic — without fat it is not absorbed.
Bright and fragrant cutlets will decorate any table, and the absence of eggs is a great option for fasting people.
Step by step cooking instructions with a photo:
- Fry the onions cut into small cubes until transparent;
- Add sweet paprika, ground pepper and salt;
- Carrots can be crushed in two ways: on a fine grater or using a food processor;
- Add the vegetable to the rest of the ingredients in the pan;
- Pour semolina and pour water;
- The mass should be stewed before acquiring a thick consistency. It takes about 5-7 minutes;
- Add chopped garlic;
- From the vegetable mince form patties and roll in breading;
- Fry on both sides and serve.
So that your chops do not fall apart when turning, shape them small.
How to cook the chops with carrots, pumpkin and ground flax seeds
Most meat lovers would never have thought that they would like lean meatballs, and even carrot and pumpkin. But never say never, just try to cook this dish for your family and you will be surprised by their reaction. After all, lean patties for this recipe are easy to prepare and are incredibly tender.
- 3 carrots;
- 1 small pumpkin;
- 1 celery head;
- 5 cups of semolina;
- 3 tbsp. l starch;
- 5 cups ground flax seeds;
- 5 cups flour;
- 2/3 cup of water;
- Vegetable oil;
Spent cooking time: 40 minutes.
Caloric content: 37.59 kcal / 100 gr.
Learn how to cook tsvetaevsky apple pie. The technology is simple, and baking is amazing.
If minced meat is in the refrigerator, then the best that can be cooked from it is meatballs in tomato sauce. Here are some recipes.
Trying to refuse fatty foods? Then a selection of fresh recipes for cream soups from broccoli will definitely fit you!
- Carrot and pumpkin grate. The number of pumpkins should be equal to the number of carrots;
- Chop celery. If the head is large, then use half;
- Prepared vegetables, put in a saucepan or pan, cover with water and leave to stew for 15 minutes. Do not close the lid tightly to allow the liquid to evaporate;
- Add starch, semolina and ground flax seeds to the obtained vegetable preparation;
- Put the pan to warm up, and do the molding of meatballs;
- Before frying, roll in flour;
- Ready cutlets served to a light salad or side dish.
Another version of the dish with the addition of pumpkin:
Of course, such a wonderful dish can be cooked not only in the pan, but also in the oven. So the chops are even better.
- 3 large carrots;
- 1 apple or sweet red pepper;
- 1 small onion;
- 3 tbsp. l semolina;
- 1 clove of garlic;
- A pinch of salt, ground black pepper — to taste;
- A few spoons of breadcrumbs;
- 20 ml of oil (lean).
Cooking time: 50 minutes.
Caloric content: 108.48 kcal / 100 gr.
Step-by-step cooking lean carrot cutlets in the oven:
- In a small bowl, finely grate the carrot and add the grated apple to it. If you use pepper, then it should be chopped into thin strips;
- Grind the onion with garlic and mix with carrot-apple mixture;
- Add ground pepper, salt, pour 1 tablespoon of refined sunflower oil and 3 spoons of semolina. Remove minced vegetable for 20 minutes to swell the cereal;
- Heat the oven to 180C, and cover the bottom of the pan with parchment or foil and sprinkle with a small amount of vegetable oil;
- Shape flat oval cutlets out of swollen minced meat;
- Put the burgers; the distance between them should be small, but not close;
- Bake for about 20 minutes;
- Ready cutlets leave for a few minutes on a baking sheet, and then serve to the table.
Useful tips and advice on cooking
- If the consistency of the vegetable mince is thin, then add the semolina;
- Be aware that tender cutlets will only come out if their base is less dense;
- For juiciness add sliced green apple;
- For the children’s version, you can add raisins or dried apricots to the vegetable mince;
- Lean cutlets do not include the presence of eggs, so they are replaced by semolina. But few people know that semolina can be replaced with mashed potatoes or chickpea flour;
- You can bread not only in bread crumbs and flour, but also in semolina, in seeds or with sesame hammer. But the most delicious and nourishing breading is obtained from almonds and hazelnuts;
- Be sure to squeeze the vegetables after chopping. Thus, the stuffing will be better to keep the shape.
Here they are so light, tender and tasty meatless carrot cutlets. Low-calorie dish can decorate not only casual, but also festive table. So cook and enjoy homemade dishes!