Broccoli is not only a healthy product, but also very tasty. It is perfect for diet and baby food.
Choosing broccoli is not as difficult as it seems at first glance. In order not to be mistaken, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- The color of the vegetable should be uniform. Interspersed with a yellowish and light green hue suggest insufficient cabbage maturity. But a slightly purple hue on the inflorescences opposite a sign of juiciness and rich taste of broccoli;
- On the product should not be black spots, talking about the defeat of bacteria and insects;
- Stale cabbage gives and whitish plaque on the vegetable. It is important to consider the stalk for its presence, since it is usually on it that is less visible;
- Inflorescences of cabbage should be hard and «fluffy.» Excessive mildness indicates that the expiration date has expired or is nearing its end;
- When choosing frozen broccoli, you should pay attention to the amount of ice in the package. Its excessive presence indicates improper storage and that the product has been frozen several times.
Guided by these simple rules, you can be sure of the freshness of the product. The structure of broccoli has an uneven surface. Because of this, dust and dirt can accumulate there. It is therefore very important before using broccoli as an ingredient for cooking, to prepare the vegetable for consumption. For this you need:
- Thoroughly wash the vegetable;
- Divide it into parts.
In order for the product to be clean, it must be soaked in water for 20 minutes, placing the cutting up. This need arises from the fact that broccoli has a small shelf life and is treated with nitrates to preserve its freshness. Therefore, simple rinsing with water will not be enough.
After this time, the cabbage must be well washed under running water. It will wash away the remains of pollution.
After washing, broccoli are divided into pieces. This is done very simply, it is enough to manually divide the cabbage into inflorescences. It is not necessary to use a knife.
Broccoli cooked in a pan — a rich and tasty breakfast.
- Place the prepared vegetables in boiling water and cook for 8 minutes at medium temperature. Water salted in advance;
- Meanwhile, in a deep bowl, beat an egg with milk;
- Boil the cabbage, drain in a colander, let drain excess water;
- Preheat the pan, pour a little oil into it;
- Put cabbage, fry at low temperature for five minutes;
- After that, pour the egg mixture, adding salt and spices;
- Cover and simmer for another 5 minutes;
- Delicious and healthy breakfast dish is ready!
This dish is perfect for those who prefer a light dinner.
- Broccoli — 400 grams;
- eggs — 2 pieces;
- tomatoes — 1 large or two medium;
- hard cheese — 100 grams;
- cooking oil — about 1 tablespoon;
- salt and spices.
Time for cooking will take from 25 to 35 minutes.
Calorie content is small and is 85 calories per 100 grams.
- Boil inflorescences in salted water for 5 minutes, then drain the excess liquid and dry on a towel;
- At this time, put the butter and medium-cut tomatoes on a preheated pan. Stew on low heat for 10 minutes;
- Add to the tomatoes broccoli. Grill at an average temperature of 4 minutes;
- After that, beat the eggs and add to the vegetables, mix all the ingredients well together. Add salt and pepper to taste;
- Cover and simmer for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally with a spatula mixture;
- Cheese grated;
- Open the lid, pour in the cheese and not stirring, leave it to melt for 2-3 minutes;
- Low calorie dinner ready!
This casserole for dinner like children.
For its preparation requires a minimum of ingredients:
- broccoli — 500 grams;
- egg 2 pieces;
- cheese — 150 grams. It must be solid varieties, in which case it will melt and a ruddy crust purchased.
Preparing the dish quickly, just 30 minutes.
Calorie, like all dishes with this cabbage, is not high and is 81 calories per 100 grams.
- Cabbage inflorescences bring to the state of semi-ready. To do this, they need to boil in salted water for 4 minutes;
- After that, they should be put on a greased baking sheet. It is necessary to spread cabbage in an even layer. If broccoli does not sufficiently cover the surface of the mold, use a smaller container;
- Pour the vegetables with beaten egg;
- Heat the oven to a temperature of 190 degrees and place a dish in it. Bake at the same temperature for 10-12 minutes;
- In the meantime, grate the cheese;
- After the specified time, open the oven and evenly cover the dish with grated cheese;
- Reduce the temperature to 180 degrees and leave the cabbage to bake for another 3-5 minutes. During this time, the cheese will melt and become slightly rosy;
- Finished cabbage, if desired, can be decorated with greens and chopped tomato.
These two types of cabbage harmonize well with each other. The dish is very tender.
To prepare you need:
- broccoli — 200 grams;
- cauliflower — 200 grams;
- eggs — 3 pieces;
- butter — one tablespoon;
- salt, spices to taste.
It takes about 25 minutes to cook.
Calorie — 79 calories per 100 grams.
- Divide both cabbages into florets and boil for 10 minutes in salted water;
- Put in a greased form;
- Beat the eggs and pour the cabbage into the mixture;
- Add salt and favorite spices;
- Set the temperature in the oven to 180 degrees;
- As soon as the oven warms up, place the form in it. Bake for 15 minutes;
- The resulting dish goes well with fresh herbs and cheese.
This recipe is for lovers of savory taste. Broccoli in batter can be an excellent snack and a separate dish.
- cabbage — 1 head;
- egg — 2 pieces;
- kefir — half a cup;
- water — 100 ml;
- flour — a quarter cup;
- Oil for frying — about 1 tablespoon.
Time: 15-20 minutes.
Calories: 98 calories per 100 grams.
- Divide the cabbage into pieces. Boil 7 minutes;
- While broccoli is boiled, prepare the batter. To do this, beat the eggs with water and kefir, add flour to the mixture. Ensure that no lumps form. Salt to taste;
- Set the cooking mode in the multicooker. Heat the oil in her bowl for a few minutes;
- Podstyvshie inflorescences alternately dipped in batter and laid in a slow cooker. Fry from several sides until golden brown;
- Broccoli in batter can be served with garlic sauce and parsley.
Pork ribs in the pan — a recipe with photos and step by step tips.
Brownies with cottage cheese and cherries — delicate pastries with bright chocolate flavor.
Read how to cook steamed chicken in a slow cooker. Recipes from the collection here.
Steamed soufflé recipe for baby or diet menu
This soufflé is not only healthy, but also dietary. It has a pleasant delicate flavor and is suitable for baby food.
Ingredients need a little:
- broccoli florets — 300 grams;
- egg — 2 pieces;
- salt and spices.
It takes 35 minutes to prepare.
In the finished dish 85 calories per 100 grams.
- Boil cabbage a little longer than usual, about 12 minutes. If the vegetable is not soft enough, the cooking time is increased;
- Using a blender, chop the cabbage into mashed potatoes. Add a little salt and spice;
- Add the egg and beat again. The resulting mixture should be homogeneous and «air»;
- Puree put in the form;
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees. Bake the souffle for about 20 minutes. The exact time depends on the characteristics of the plate;
- When the souffle is ready, let it brew in the oven for another five minutes. Serve hot.
A few secrets will help to cook broccoli dishes even easier and tastier:
- This cabbage is better to buy on the market. In this case, the probability of nitrates will be much lower than when purchasing a vegetable in a supermarket;
- the most delicious broccoli in autumn and until the end of spring, during this period it is the most juicy and has a bright rich flavor;
- This cabbage goes well with sour cream. Sauces based on it are suitable for any broccoli dish;
- Vegetable sprouts are also suitable for cooking. They can stew, boil and bake. However, this will take more time, since they are more dense;
- better not to buy frozen cabbage. Most often for these purposes they use not quite fresh vegetables that are unsuitable for sale. If there is a need to preserve the freshness of the product, you can freeze the broccoli washed and disassembled into inflorescences beforehand. This approach ensures that when defrosting the product does not lose its properties.
Broccoli is the basis for many dishes, including diet. Its delicate taste and healthy properties make this product a frequent guest on the tables of many families.