How to cook beets with garlic and mayonnaise
Beets with garlic and mayonnaise — amazingly tasty, the easiest to prepare and healthy salad that everyone loves. You can cook it for special dates or for each day for a variety of daily menus.
The main feature of this dish is its ease of preparation. The hostess does not need to suffer for a long time to cook such a simple salad. But how useful is it for the figure? Let’s try to figure out how many calories there are in the usual portion of such a salad.
Let’s say that the salad consists of 125 grams of boiled beets, one clove of garlic and 15 grams of mayonnaise. Then the calorie table is as follows.
Buying beets on the market is very difficult to make a mistake, because its table varieties are similar to fodder in appearance, and their taste is very different.
The main indicators that in front of you are fodder beet:
- Huge size;
- Light colored skin;
- There are warts and cracks;
- A lot of roots.
Try to choose only beets of the correct round form of the small size. The smaller it is — the greater the likelihood that it is very tasty. If you are preparing a salad of boiled beets, then you need to cook it, following these simple rules:
- Do not clean;
- Put in boiling water;
- Do not cut off the tail;
- Do not salt.
One of the fastest dishes in cooking is an ordinary raw beetroot salad.
Wash the beets, carefully peel off the dense peel, and rub on a terke for Korean carrot.
Garlic skip through the garlic, grind in a mortar or chop any other convenient for you method. Mix components and add table mayonnaise.
This salad will be a good addition to the side dish or meat. There are a lot of vitamins in it, as the beets were not subjected to heat treatment.
Raw beetroot salad is good because it is rich in vitamins, but not everyone likes this product in its raw form. Consider a more versatile recipe, which includes beets boiled.
Necessary components for 4 servings:
- Two round, medium-sized red beets;
- Two cloves of garlic;
- 100 gr. Dutch cheese;
- Spices and salt as desired;
- In order for the beets not to lose their excellent supply of vitamins and retain a bright color, you need to boil it for a couple (in a regular saucepan, double boiler or multi-cooker) or pre-bake in the oven without removing the skin. Heat treatment time depends on its diameter and is at least eighty minutes;
- Cool the boiled vegetable and peel it off;
- Next, grind this product as you prefer — mince it, grate on a coarse grater or chop into small sticks;
- The salad is laid out on a plate in this order — beets, grated Dutch cheese, chopped garlic and beautifully season with top of mayonnaise.
If you pre-boil the root, then this salad is prepared in a matter of minutes.
If you have become bored with the usual spaghetti, porridge potatoes, and you crave to diversify the family menu with healthy and tasty food, then take note of such simple treats of beets with garlic and mayonnaise.
This dish will not leave indifferent your guests, who will definitely find its taste very original. Such a salad not only perfectly complements the main dishes, but can also serve in the bright role of a mono snack.
- Two beets of medium diameter;
- One clove of garlic;
- 6 stuffed prunes;
- A handful of walnut kernels;
- Salt, spices and mayonnaise optional.
The culinary process is:
- Boil washed, but unpeeled beets in boiling water;
- Put the prunes in a metal pot, cover with boiling water, cover tightly with a lid and let stand for four to six minutes. Drain the water, and remove the stones from the prunes and chop them finely;
- Chop walnut kernels with a knife. You should not pass them through a coffee grinder, since this recipe provides for the presence of solid particles;
- Garlic skip through the garlic;
- In a deep plate (ideally, a deep salad bowl), mix all the ingredients and season with mayonnaise.
Everything! Your original and undoubtedly delicious salad is ready.
How to cook frozen mussels, read delicious recipes.
Salad of green beans and chicken according to our recipe.
The recipe for chicken skewers on skewers read here.
If you are bored with the taste of products, and you are eager to try something new and at the same time useful, then we suggest that you try the recipe for a stunning beetroot salad with citruses.
- Mayonnaise or balsamic vinegar;
- Greens to taste;
- Bake the beets in the oven on medium heat at a set temperature of 200 o C. At the same time, the root crop should be wrapped in foil with holes for steam discharge. For even baking, take care to ensure that there is enough salt on the pan;
- Ready to root let cool, peel off the skin and grate on a coarse grater;
- Cut the spinach into oblong strips and season with juice from half a lemon;
- Press down the garlic;
- Celery and parsley are excellent with greens, although other variations are possible;
- All components are mixed and season with mayonnaise;
- Place on a prepared salad bowl with a hill, decorate with triangles of lime on top.
This salad can be prepared from raw beets. In this case, it needs to be washed, peeled from the tails and peel, grated on a grated carrot for the Korean, and season with lemon juice and balsamic vinegar. In such a bath it is worth keeping it for half an hour, then squeeze and use for salad. Instead of balsamic vinegar, you can use any fruit vinegar.
The recipes we offer will definitely appeal not only to you, but also to your dear guests. By eating beets, you can enrich your body with useful vitamins, minerals and trace elements, including: B, BB, C, carotenoids, folic and pantothenic acid, potassium, iron, magnesium, manganese, iodine, cobalt, copper, zinc, phosphorus , sulfur, cesium, rubidium, chlorine and many other mega nutrients. In addition to all the above, you should take into account the fact that beets contain a lot of fiber, which is necessary for proper metabolism.
This vegetable perfectly cleanses the body from putrefactive bacteria and regulates fat metabolism. Prepare healthy salads from this wonderful root and be healthy!