In Japan, rice dishes, and rice itself, are revered as sacred food. Even the word «gohan», which is used to refer to this cereal, symbolizes all the food consumed by the Japanese as a whole.
- All rice should be washed;
- Take a saucepan with a thick bottom, put rice there, pour water on top (300 ml or ¼ more in volume than rice), put on the fire;
- Cover the dishes with a lid is not necessary until the water boils;
- After minimizing the heat, and cook for about a quarter of an hour (it is advisable to cover with a lid and not interfere with rice all the time);
- Turn off the gas, and let the rice stand for another 10 minutes (the lid is still not removed);
- Chop the green onion and fry (not all) with butter, when it is taken a little, put a couple of eggs into the pan and beat with the help of the whisk (there should be a lot of fried eggs with onion);
- Put the rice in the pan, add soy sauce, mix all the ingredients thoroughly;
- Serve warm rice, sprinkled with the remains of green onions.
Japanese Fried Rice with Egg and Corn
A dish simple and quick to prepare will surely delight your friends and loved ones. The number of products is calculated on two hearty portions.
- rice (boiled) — 350 g;
- bacon (smoked) — 150 g;
- bulb onion (medium) — ½ onion;
- corn — 60 g;
- egg — 3 pieces;
- green onion — 20 g;
- soy sauce — 1.5 tablespoons;
- vegetable oil — 30 ml.
Cooking time: 30 minutes (without taking into account the time for boiling rice).
Caloric content: 170 kcal.
- Half onions with brisket — chop;
- Eggs to drive into a separate bowl, and shake a little (too zealous is not worth it, otherwise it will not be enough lush;
- Put the frying pan to warm up, add vegetable oil;
- Put eggs into a frying pan and fry them for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly (as a result, the mass should come out fluffy and half-moist), then put them in a separate container;
- In the same pan fry a mixture of onion, bacon and corn;
- Put the rice there (if you wish, you can season with chopped garlic), add soy sauce by the end of frying and mix everything thoroughly;
- A couple of minutes to continue to fry, then mix everything with eggs;
- Finished rice can be sprinkled with chopped green onions and served on the table.
It is quite easy to prepare this dish, but at the same time it is often bought by visitors of Japanese restaurants. All components of the dish are easy to buy, they are available in almost every store, and the large amount of vegetables used in the recipe makes the dish not only tasty and satisfying, but also useful.
- chicken breast — 2 pieces;
- carrots — 1 piece;
- onion (medium size) — 1 piece;
- chicken broth — 700 ml;
- butter — ½ packs;
- vegetable oil -10 ml;
- pepper (red Bulgarian) — 1 piece;
- soy sauce — ½ cup;
- rice — 350 g;
- sesame seeds (fried) — to taste.
Cooking time: 60 minutes.
Caloric content: 100 kcal.
- Rinse the rice (continue rinsing until the water is clear);
- Peel the onions, cut into small cubes;
- Pepper wash, cut off the part with the handle, remove the seeds, wash the vegetable from the inside, chop;
- Thoroughly rinse carrots in water, peel, cut into small cubes;
- Rinse the chicken in cold water, put it on a paper towel or just on a flat plate, letting excess liquid flow away;
- Chicken meat is also cut into small cubes;
- Heat the butter in a frying pan, then add the vegetable and put the chicken pieces on the roast;
- Continue cooking the meat until it acquires a beautiful golden crust;
- Add chopped carrots and peppers to meat, continue cooking for another 5 minutes;
- After mixing everything with chopped onions and fry for about 3 minutes;
- Last but not least, add rice and steam all the ingredients for another 3-4 minutes, finally, pour all the chicken broth into the pan;
- When the liquid is absorbed by half — season the dish with soy sauce;
- Rice will be fully cooked when it absorbs all the broth and becomes soft and crumbly;
- Serve the dish in a deep dish, using roasted sesame seeds or herbs as decoration.
How to make a cake with minced puff pastry, read our article.
Take note of the recipe for a delicious cake with cottage cheese and cherries.
Picnic time is coming and if you want to diversify your menu with something other than kebabs, our selection of recipes will definitely come in handy.
Cooking rice in Japanese is a simple matter, but it still has its subtleties here:
- To completely wash the rice, according to most Japanese, you can only pass it through the «seven waters», that is, it is possible that you have to drain the hearth and recruit it up to seven times until it remains completely transparent after washing the rice;
- When cooking the rice so that it does not boil out excessively strongly, you can keep it in boiling water for 10 minutes, and then remove it from the heat, wrap the pan and let the rice brew for another 30 minutes;
- For cooking, you can lay out the washed rice immediately in cold water, so that it boils with it (this does not affect the taste of the cereal, just this method is not traditional);
- Boil rice should be in a large bowl (cereals with water should not fill it more than half).
All the nuances associated with the boiling of rice are very important, so never neglect these tips if you decide to cook one of the dishes of Japanese cuisine.