What should be on New Year’s table in 2017 to appease the Rooster
The New Year is a firework of emotions, a fabulous mood, smiles of loved ones, the scent of needles, tangerines and, of course, a festive table. In each family, preparations begin long before its occurrence. 2017 is the year of the Fire Rooster.
According to legend, this bird is energetic, ambitious and temperamental. Let’s try to figure out how to make a menu and decorate the New Year’s table to cajole the proud Rooster.
The fire cock is a proud but somewhat selfish bird. So it is important to remember that, like any leader, he appreciates active and enterprising people. Make a menu long before the festival, then he will see that you are pleased with his presence.
First of all, it is necessary to abandon any species of birds on the table. Chickens, turkeys, geese, quails and ducks should be banned. The second ban is chicken eggs. To get out of the situation in the famous Olivier they can be replaced with quail. Most people do not even feel the substitution, but for gourmets it will be a pleasant surprise.
But the Rooster will be happy with a lot of vegetables. You can make a salad, cut, stuff them or cook a delicious side dish. Note that the color of this year is fiery, so give preference to red vegetables and fruits on the table.
What should be preferred:
- Low-fat meats;
- Vegetables and fruits;
- Light salads;
- Asian cuisine;
- Low alcohol cocktails;
- Wine or champagne;
- Any desserts (without alcohol and fat creams).
Table decoration should be thoughtful. This is important not only from an aesthetic point of view, but also will please the symbol of the year. Remember that the details are very important, because the roosters are very pedantic. Give preference to all natural and beautiful.
Next, we describe what is required to decorate the New Year holiday.
- Oddly enough, but the rooster will not rejoice at the red tablecloth, on the contrary it should be light, pastel shades. White, golden, beige or pink varieties will do. Napkins should be chosen to match tablecloths. It is better to give preference to rag options than to paper ones, since the Rooster loves everything elegant;
- Services can be any, but always beautiful. So if you decide to celebrate the new year in nature or in a public place, bring along real glasses, plates and forks;
- According to the tradition, it is necessary to install a container with germinated wheat or oats on the central part of the New Year’s table;
- Be sure to put the candles on the table. Prefer the red or golden option. Particularly pleased with the Rooster graceful candles handmade. This will give him confidence. That he is a welcome guest in your home.
Next, we present to your attention a few interesting recipes for hot dishes that can be served at the table.