What dishes, snacks and desserts should stand on the New Year’s table in 2019
The mistress of 2019 will be the Earth Pig. It is clear that ham, leg chole, rolls, cuts, salads, pork snacks can not be cooked. We have fish, beef, poultry, lamb, cereals, a rich set of vegetables and fruits. Usually for the holiday table rarely anyone buys millet. Another thing, the New Year 2019. Millet is an excellent ingredient to surprise relatives and to please the talisman of the year.
According to the Chinese calendar, the year of the Earth Pig comes in 2019. The mistress of the year herself loves to eat, so she will appreciate the generous and plentiful table with a variety of hot dishes, salads, snacks from meat, fish, and vegetables. She has no claims to light, sweet desserts. From unwanted treats only pork dishes.
What hot dishes to prefer to appease the Pig
If you are afraid of untested recipes, make only part of the dishes in a new way. We assure you, your guests will like them more than the dishes made in the old fashioned way.
We offer a win-win recipe for New Year’s hot dish of duck meat.
- Cut duck pulp into straws, then fry in butter.
- Pour thick cream into the pan, wait until they are evaporated and add spices to taste.
- Add to the meat chopped washed prunes.
- From the green apple gently cut the pulp under the filling.
- Put the cooked stuffing in the apple. Send in the oven for 6-8 minutes. Temperature — 180ºC.
- Serve on the table separately lingonberry sauce and mint. To taste you can add sugar.
In this New Year’s recipe, anchovies and fresh parsley will help to otten the bright taste of lamb cutlets.
- 1 kg of natural lamb chops on the bone;
- 45 ml of olive oil;
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper;
- 1 pinch of sea salt.
Need for sauce:
- 1 bunch of parsley;
- 3 anchovy;
- ½ chili pepper.
You will need a side dish:
- 17 Plum Tomatoes;
- 6 potatoes;
- 3 fennel;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 65 ml of olive oil;
- 1 bunch of thyme;
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper;
- 1 pinch of salt.
Cooking time: 45 minutes.
The number of calories: 340.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Peeled potatoes, chop 3 pieces of fennel.
- Peel garlic cloves and slice into slices.
- Place on a suitable baking pan with fennel potatoes, sprinkle with garlic slices.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place on vegetables. Season the prepared ingredients with salt, black pepper, olive oil, sprinkle with thyme leaves and send to a hot oven (25 min.).
- Season cutlets on a bone to taste, brush with olive oil and fry in a hot grill pan on each side until ready.
- Prepare a fragrant sauce: chop the parsley, put anchovies on it and chop it all together again, then drizzle with butter.
- Chop the chili into small rings, add to the anchovy with parsley and mix.
- Put the finished burgers on a warm dish and grease them with fragrant sauce.
- Serve on the table with a vegetable side dish, baked in the oven.
Mushrooms with meat — the best combination in cooking. Therefore, we advise you to cook veal with mushrooms for the New Year 2019, wrapping all this deliciousness in pita bread.
- 0.5 kg of veal;
- 1 piece of zucchini and Bulgarian pepper;
- 2 mushrooms;
- 100 ml chicken broth;
- 80 g onions;
- 1 white leek;
- to taste garlic;
- 75 ml of refined oil;
- thin Armenian lavash;
- greens at your discretion;
- 20 ml of soy sauce;
- 50 g butter;
- 70 g tomato paste
The value of one serving: 310 kcal.
Under the link you will find more recipes for the holiday table with a photo.
For a snack, make a festive salad «Goat in the garden» in this recipe.
- White leek stalk nashinkovat ringlets, ordinary onions — quarters. Chop garlic, chop champignons, sweet pepper, zucchini with cubes.
- Cut the veal into strips. Chop the greens to your taste.
- Prepare the sauce: combine soy sauce, butter, tomato and freshly ground black pepper in a bowl.
- Put the onion with garlic in a dry frying pan, add oil after about 3 minutes. Fry for three minutes, then lay out the mushrooms, leeks, sweet peppers, and zucchini. On high heat bring the vegetables to half ready.
- At the same time, but only on another skillet, fry the veal in refined oil. Then shift the meat to the vegetables, add sauce, broth, to taste with salt, greens. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve on the table, wrapping veal with vegetables and mushrooms in thin layers of Armenian lavash.
Snacks and salads to decorate the table for the New Year 2019
What is the New Year’s table without snacks and salads? The feast of 2019, of course, will not do without unusual salads, original appetizers. You can come up with your own recipes to appease the symbol of the year. For example, buy millet and cook a warm salad with it. And the rest of the freedom for culinary creativity.
If you follow the recommendations of astrologers, you will have to prepare a dish with millet.
- 1 cup of millet;
- 120 g carrots;
- 1 sweet pepper;
- 2 celery stalks;
- 50 grams of cottage cheese;
- to taste green basil;
- a third of lemon for juice;
- to taste seasonings, olive oil.
It will take: 35 minutes.
Each portion: 309 kcal.
- Wash the millet and cook it for 15 minutes in hot water (500 ml).
- Peeled carrots chop rings, put on a griddle, simmer for 7 minutes.
- Chop the sweet pepper, celery stalk, send to the carrot. Stir gently so that the carrot mugs do not fall apart.
- Add millet to the pan, pour in lemon juice, season and mix.
- Put in a beautiful salad bowl, sprinkle with grated cheese, basil, sprinkle with olive oil.
Easy-to-prepare snack is able to decorate the New Year’s table in 2019.
- 150 g chicken liver pate;
- 2 eggs of the category «Choice»;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 1 salted cucumber;
- 150 g unsweetened crackers;
- Pitted olives are taken to taste.
It will take: 40-45 minutes
Serving value: 279 kcal.
- Boil the eggs, cool in cold water, remove the shells and chop the egg into rings, the tomatoes into mugs. Olives divided into halves.
- Chop a cucumber into small cubes and place in a bowl. Add pate to the cucumber, mix everything well.
- Place a layer of chicken pate on each cracker, cover with a second cracker, spread with pate, put a circle of tomato and an egg ring on it. Decorate with halves of olives.
Serve canapes with meatballs on slices of bread seasoned with fragrant avocado sauce at the festive table — this appetizer looks very impressive.
- 600 g ground beef;
- 80 g onions;
- avocado fruit;
- 100 ml of thick cream;
- 10 g garlic seasoning;
- 65 ml of refined oil;
- cilantro to taste;
- to taste the spices.
It will take: 25 minutes.
Caloric content: 299 kcal.
- Chop finely the onion and fry in the refined oil.
- Add the minced fried onion, chopped cilantro, season with spices, mix.
- Form meatballs from meat mass and fry them in butter.
- For the sauce, mix in the bowl of a blender pieces of avocado, thick cream, garlic seasoning and cilantro.
- Put sauce on small slices of bread (about 1 tsp), and on top — over meatball.
Cod liver balls can be the most original snack on a festive table.
- 1 can of high-quality cod liver;
- 2 potatoes cooked in the peel;
- 3 pickled cucumbers;
- 150 g onions;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 50 g of durum cheese;
- 35 ml of soy sauce;
- 2 handfuls of sesame;
- fresh parsley to taste.
Cooking: 25-30 minutes.
Value: 279 kcal.
- Chop the potatoes, grate the cheese, chop the cucumbers, chop the parsley and onion.
- With the prepared ingredients, mix cod liver, add soy sauce and form balls.
- Lightly fry the sesame seeds in a dry skillet. Then roll each ball in fried sesame.
- Put a snack on a beautiful dish, decorate with greens.
In the video — another version of the preparation of balls from the liver:
This salad can be a winner in terms of ease of preparation and taste.
- 100 g canned natural tuna;
- 50 grams of cheese;
- 120 g carrots;
- 1 cucumber;
- 1 egg;
- 30 g of mayonnaise;
- greens + olives to taste.
Preparation: 30-35 minutes
One portion: 265 kcal.
- Boil carrots, cool and remove the skin, grate. Boiled egg finely chop.
- Cucumber, cheese grate, chop the greens.
- Take a portion of salad bowls (you can use wide glasses). They put the salad in layers, and each must be covered with mayonnaise.
- Layers lay out like this: cucumber, carrot, egg, greens, tuna, grated cheese. His mayonnaise does not need to grease.
- Decorate the salad with olives.
A delicious salad with different seafood fits perfectly into the New Year’s menu. And the combination of products in exact proportions allows you to achieve a harmonious taste.
- 2 squid;
- 1 pack (200 g) of crab sticks;
- 45 g of mayonnaise;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 3 quail eggs;
- 10 ml of olive oil of the first extraction;
- 25 g red caviar;
- 1 handful of chopped parsley, dill.
Preparation: 35 minutes.
Value: 259 kcal.
- Boil two types of eggs. Peel the cooled eggs. Quail leave, they will be needed later. Remove the yolk from the chicken eggs. Use only protein in salad.
- Chopped chopsticks cooled, put in a salad bowl.
- With a small amount of oil, fry in a grill pan carcasses of squid. Then shred them thin rings. Transfer to the chopsticks.
- Grind protein arbitrarily, add to seafood. Add red caviar and season with mayonnaise.
- Ready salad to decorate with quail eggs halves and greens.
In the video — a recipe for a festive salad with seafood:
The New Year’s table is always plentiful, so pay attention to the recipe for a festive, but not heavy, salad.
- 300 g white cabbage;
- 100 g marinated champignons;
- 200 grams of chicken pulp;
- 100 g of cheese (solid);
- 100 g of mayonnaise sauce.
Cooking: 40 minutes.
Caloric content: 305 kcal.
- Boil chicken meat in a saucepan until cooked or bake in the oven, wrapping the flesh in foil.
- Chop cabbage into strips and place on a flat dish.
- On the cabbage spread out sliced mushrooms. Top mushrooms smear mayonnaise.
- The next layer is made from chopped chicken. Lightly pour it with mayonnaise.
- Again a layer of cabbage, mayonnaise. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
What drinks should be on the New Year’s table in 2019
If you celebrate the holiday according to all the rules and want to make friends with the mistress of the year — Yellow Earth Pig.
It is recommended to avoid alcoholic cocktails. With regard to non-alcoholic topics, it is better to completely abandon harmful soda, store fruit and berry juices. It is better to drink vegetable or freshly squeezed fruit juice. A soft drink, which is perfect for all guests, is New Year’s drink. We present his recipe to your attention.
- 50 g cranberries;
- 100 g freshly frozen lingonberries;
- 60-65 g of honey;
- 500 ml of water;
- a pair of mint leaves.
Cooking: 15-20 minutes.
Value: 100 kcal.
- Grind the lingonberries with cranberries and honey in a saucepan.
- Pour 500 ml of hot water, cook for two minutes, but do not bring to a boil.
- Put mint leaves in the drink.
Desserts for a sweet snack in a solemn night
Meet the symbol of the year with all the honors. It is better not to put very sweet and unhealthy cakes on the table, but you can cook light airy desserts, cottage cheese snowmen, and confetti with nuts.
Want originality — cook cottage cheese snowmen. Firstly, it is a very beautiful holiday dessert, and secondly, it is also very useful.
Required for 2 persons:
- 1 pack of cottage cheese (250 g);
- 10 ml of 10% sour cream or cream;
- 6 nuts (any);
- 20 g raisins, prunes, dried apricots;
- few almond petals;
- 20 g of powdered sugar;
- 2 pinches of vanilla;
- whipped cream (can be replaced with cotton candy).
It will take: 25 minutes.
Calories: 239 kcal.
- To make the dried fruit softer, they need to be poured with hot water.
- In the cottage cheese put 2 pinches of vanilla, powdered sugar, then grind everything thoroughly. Adding 10% sour cream, you should get a lot of consistency is not liquid, but not crumbly.
- From the curd mass to form balls of different sizes. You will need large, medium and small balls. In each place a nut. To blind snowmen, and in order for them not to fall apart, you need to carefully fasten the balls with the almond petals.
- To decorate part of the dried fruit chop. For the peephole to use raisins, prunes, and for the nose to take dried apricots. To make a hat for cottage cheese snowmen from dried apricots (prunes) halves.
- Snowmen put on raisins that mimic the legs. Around them spread out thick cream (cotton candy).
Tip: to give a new taste, you can dip the «head» of a snowman in coconut or cocoa chips.
Prepare an airy and tender dessert that will surely delight all guests with its delicate taste.
Required for 6 persons:
- 3 chicken eggs;
- 110 grams of sugar;
- 55 g of flour;
- 600 ml of fresh milk;
- 50-55 g butter «Peasant»;
- 30 g of cocoa (or bitter chocolate);
- 12 pieces of biscuit biscuits for tiramisu;
It will take: 40 minutes.
Calories: 211 kcal.
- To prepare the custard, gently separate the egg white from the yolk. Beat 3 yolks with sugar, add wheat flour, milk (100 ml). Mix until smooth. Then pour the rest of the milk, mix, send to the fire and, constantly stirring, bring the mixture to a boil. When it boils, remove from heat and put in another pan so that the mass cools faster. Then add butter to cream.
- Cut the biscuit in half and dip each part in milk. To prevent the cookies from getting too soft, do this procedure quickly. For a change, you can use brandy instead of milk. Put the halves of the cookies (2 pieces) on the bottom of the transparent ice-cream bowl and cover with the cream. Repeat all layers until the halves of the cookies run out. Top dessert sprinkled with cocoa. Remove for 2 hours in the freezer.
Tip: as an ornament, you can use any berries or coconut shavings.
Pigs have absolutely no complaints about desserts with nuts and dried fruit. Therefore, we advise you to make cookies «Confetti» with a variety of fillings.
- 150 g of quality dried fruits (you can take candied fruits);
- 100 g almonds and any nuts to taste;
- 50 grams of wheat flour;
- 45 g of “Traditional” butter;
- ½ cup of sugar;
- 35 g of honey;
- 55 ml of cream;
- 1 chocolate bar white or black.
It will take: 25 minutes.
Portion: 232 kcal.
- Cut the dried fruits into small cubes. Then combine them with wheat flour and any nuts. Last slightly chop.
- Mix the sugar with honey, butter, cream and send to the stove. While stirring, bring the mixture to a boil. As soon as the mass begins to boil, remove from the stove and put in it a mixture of crushed nuts and dried fruit.
- Cover the baking sheet with cooking paper, place the prepared mass on it and form a cookie, giving it the desired shape. Leave a small distance between “confetti” (about 2 cm).
- Send cookies to the oven for 8 minutes, bake until golden brown.
- Hot dessert, sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- You can do differently — melt a bar of chocolate, then dip the biscuit in it with one side. All Christmas cookies are ready.
- Cool and serve.
The hit of the season coming in 2019 is festive candles decorated with natural materials such as cinnamon sticks. To decorate a candle with cinnamon, you need to put sticks around it and tie it with a decorative rope.
The remaining balls can be arbitrarily laid out near the New Year’s candles. Do not ignore cloth napkins, they will look spectacular on a festive table wrapped with a special ring or ribbons. It is better to fold the napkin in half, tie one corner with a thin rope, and attach a tag with the name of the guest to it. Such a nominal card would be appropriate if there are a lot of invitees.
Good luck to you will definitely smile in the year 2019 if the festive feast will be served with elements of brown, yellow and beige. Candles to pick up the tone of the tablecloth (napkin). Be sure to put them in the candlesticks. Glasses for drinks to decorate with a rope, which is then used to hang small Christmas decorations. All these accessories will be enjoyed by the friendly Pig.
On the video — a very good recipe for the «Cone» cake:
According to the eastern calendar, the year of the Pig will come in 2019. Of course, we seriously do not perceive that a rich feast gives us the favor of the talisman of the year. But the rituals help the hostesses to relax — there is a set of certain products that the Earth Pig prefers, so do not spend much time searching for recipes.