Sprat — this is a very tasty fish, which is sold in many stores in small flat jars. They can be eaten as simple with bread, and used for sandwiches and various salads. However, those sprats that many manufacturers offer us are crammed with many harmful additives.
Therefore, it is better to learn how to cook this delicacy yourself. Moreover, now there is an opportunity to purchase fish at any fish market for this particular business. And how to prepare it before you start cooking?
Let’s look at the basic rules for preparing fish for cooking sprats.
The main thing — to properly prepare the fish. Preparations are performed as follows:
- To begin with, the fish needs to be thawed, sorted and washed;
- Next, you need to clean it and separate the head;
- Also, do not forget to prepare a dark brew, it will give the sprats the desired dark color;
- Salt and granulated sugar can be put in the brew; these ingredients will add flavor to the fish. You can also add liquid smoke and onion peel, due to these components home sprats will turn out no worse than purchased ones;
- Well, when the fish is prepared, you can start cooking.
If the fish is frozen, it must be thawed in cold water;
Then we cut off the heads with giblets and clean out all the insides;
In a baking dish or a container made of refractory glass we fold the sprat in a dense layer, which did not fall apart during cooking;
Next, make a solution for pouring. Pour hot water into a glass and pour the tea leaves there. Leave for a while until the solution becomes dark in color. After that, cool;
Put onion peel into a saucepan and pour a glass of water;
Put on the stove, bring to a boil and boil for about 20 minutes. Then remove and cool;
We spread in a container with fish of a pea-scented pepper and lay out a bay leaf;
Fill all with vegetable oil and slightly scroll the form so that the oil completely penetrates into the gaps between the fish;
In a deep cup pour pouring of tea leaves and a solution of onion peel, mix;
Add salt there, stir until it dissolves. Fill this mixture with fish;
Place the form with all the components in the oven, preheated to 150 degrees. Cook until boiling liquid;
After the liquid boils, reduce the temperature to 120 degrees and cook for 2 hours;
As a result, natural sprats should come out much better and tastier than store sprats.
We will need the following:
- 1 kg of capelin;
- Vegetable oil — 100 ml;
- 4 lavrushki;
- 70 ml of soy sauce;
- 6 peas allspice;
- 2 cloves;
- 250 ml of water;
- 5 large spoons of leaf tea;
Cooking time — 2 hours.
- First of all, pour the brew into a glass and fill it with hot water. She has to stand for a while until she turns dark;
- Then we defrost the capelin, clean it from the head, entrails and thoroughly wash it in cold water;
- Pour brewed tea into a separate cup, add soy sauce, vegetable oil and salt. Since soy sauce itself is salty, therefore, do not add too much salt;
- Next, place the fish on the bottom of the broiler in a dense layer. Sprinkle it with peas of allspice and leaves of Lavrushka;
- Fill all with a solution of marinade and put on the stove;
- Heat to boil and reduce heat;
- Simmer under a closed lid on low heat for about 1-2 hours;
- As soon as the liquid is reduced twice, sprats from capelin will be ready, and they can be removed from the fire;
- Ready sprats can be served with boiled potatoes or rice.
- 600 grams of sprat;
- 100 ml of vegetable oil;
- One cube for broth with smoked flavor;
- Glass of hot water;
- 3 small spoons of black tea;
- Lavrushka — 2 pieces;
- Allspice — 4-6 peas;
Cooking time — 2 hours.
We proceed to cooking:
- To start preparing the brewing. Tea is laid out in a glass and filled with hot water. During the preparation of the remaining ingredients, the tea will brew. Instead of brewing, tea bags can be used;
- Next, defrost the sprat in cold water. Separate the head, cut the abdomen, remove all the insides and thoroughly wash;
- Put the cleaned fishes into the frying pan with thick walls;
- Cube broth mash into powder and sprinkle them with fish. Also sprinkle with salt, but do not over-salt it. Do not forget that the cube contains salt;
- Brewed tea is poured into a deep cup, add vegetable oil there and mix. Optionally, you can add allspice and bay leaf;
- Then pour the sprat with a mixture of marinade and put it on the stove;
- Stew under a lid on low heat;
- After about 2 hours, all the liquid should evaporate and only one vegetable oil will remain;
- The finished sprat will be very tasty and fragrant. It can be eaten with potatoes, vegetables and used to make sandwiches.
What we need:
- Small river fish — 1 kilogram;
- 200 grams of onions;
- 100 ml of vegetable oil;
- Lavrushka — 3-4 pieces;
- Allspice — 5-6 pieces;
- A bit of salt.
- 100 ml of table vinegar 3%;
- 4 large spoons of vegetable oil.
Cooking time — 4 hours.
- Small fish need to rinse with cold water, cut the abdomen and remove all the insides. Caviar and milt leave. Inside, everything is washed and cleaned. Scale removal is not necessary, we will cook right in it;
- Peel the onions and cut them into thin rings
- At the bottom of the container of enamelled base lay out a thick layer of onion rings, then a layer of fish and sprinkle it with salt, allspice and bay leaf. On the fish, lay the onion again and again a layer of fish seasoned with salt, lavrushka and peas of allspice. At the end of the top put onion rings;
- In a cup, dilute the solution of marinade from vinegar and vegetable oil. We mix everything;
- Pour marinade all the ingredients, close the lid and place in the oven;
- Cook at a temperature of 130-150 degrees for 4-6 hours;
- After that, sprats can be served. Or put in a glass jar, pour vegetable oil, close the plastic bag and store in the refrigerator.
Components for cooking:
- 1 kilogram of small sea fish — sprat, capelin or Baltic herring;
- A glass of olive or any other vegetable oil;
- 1 tablespoon of salt;
- 100 grams of sulfur cooked;
- Glass of hot water;
- 5-6 sweet peppers;
- 2-3 stuff carnations.
Cooking time — 40-50 minutes.
- Tea is laid out in any deep cup and filled with hot water. Leave for a while so that it brews well;
- Fish washed, remove the head and clean the insides;
- We spread it in the capacity of a pressure cooker, sprinkle with salt, peas, allspice, and lavrushka;
- Fill all the finished dark brew, cover the lid and set on medium heat;
- As soon as the hissing begins, we reduce the fire and cook for 30-50 minutes;
- After that, remove the pressure cooker from the stove and do not open for 30-40 minutes;
- Then open, remove the finished sprats on the dish and serve under any sauce.
Beef salad recipes with photos and step by step recommendations. Take note of these recipes.
How to make dry sausage at home. Read options for dishes from different types of meat.
Salad cocktail with ham and cheese recipes with photos and step by step recommendations.
Since sprats are not so difficult to cook at home, they can be combined with any everyday dishes. They can be eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They are great for gravies. Suitable for mashed potatoes, cereals, any pasta. They can also be used as an addition to green vegetable salads.
Sprat can be used to make sandwiches. But before cooking, it is best to put them on paper napkins or a sieve, so that all the excess oil is glass. Then the slices of bread, toast to grease with butter, melted cheese or sauce. Spread sprats and decorate with slices of fresh cucumbers, peppers, sprigs of greens and tomato slices. You can add pieces of fruit, such as kiwi and avocado.
They can be used to make pies. To do this, sprats need to knead with boiled egg yolk, melted cheese and butter. This pate can be used to grease pieces of bread, for filling baskets and profiteroles.
- In order for sprats not to fall apart and to retain their shape, it is necessary to use a more intense brew;
- Cooking time depends on the size of the fish. For example, if it is larger, then the cooking period should be increased, if the smaller one is reduced;
- You can store the finished sprats in any container, pre-fill the fish with vegetable oil and cover it with a plastic bag or a lid. Then clean in the fridge;
- It is undesirable to remove sprats immediately after preparation, as they can be easily damaged. It is best to wait until they cool down completely.
Sprat made according to these recipes will be an excellent treat to any dish. They can be used for sandwiches, salads and other side dishes. Try to make them yourself, it is not at all difficult. The main thing is to do everything according to the recipe, then you get an excellent, delicate and fragrant fish.