Shawarma with sausage — an appetizer inexpensive, but always tasty. Add to the sausage fresh vegetables, Korean carrots, spices, sauce and wrap in thin pita bread.
To get tasty, pita is better to use fresh and soft, besides, in dry form, it crumbles strongly.
- Cut 600 g sausage into strips, fry it in vegetable oil.
- Chop Chinese cabbage, iceberg lettuce hands, cut into cubes tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, celery. Combine vegetables with sausage.
- Prepare the sauce: mix the sour cream with mayonnaise, chopped greens, mashed garlic.
- Combine the sauce with sausage, vegetables, mix.
- Put the prepared stuffing on the pita bread, roll it up in an envelope, then roll. If desired, can be heated in a skillet.
Prepare the basis for shawarma yourself. Just mix the flour, water and salt, it will take just a few minutes to knead.
- 350 g of flour;
- 200 ml of water;
- 8 g of salt;
- 40 ml of vegetable oil;
- 200 g of finished carrots in Korean;
- 200 g boiled sausage;
- 150 g white cabbage.
Cooking time: 35 minutes.
The number of calories: 239.
- In a suitable bowl sprinkle 350 g of flour, add butter. Heat the water, add salt, adding 0.5 tsp. salt, pour water into the bowl with flour. Knead the dough, wrap it with cling film, let it rest for half an hour.
- The finished dough is divided into pieces the size of a little more than a walnut, then roll each piece very thinly.
- With the help of a usual plate, cut out thin circles from dough plates (they should be equal in size to the diameter of the pan on which the cakes will be baked).
- Fry the dough on each side in a hot, dry pan. It’s okay if during the cooking the cake will inflate a little.
- Put baked pita breads in a stack, with each cake should be sprinkled with water. Cover with a towel, wait until they cool down, put in a bag.
- Prepare the stuffing for shawarma. Boiled sausage chop plates, fry until golden brown. Cabbage cut into strips, salt and mash.
- Put carrot, cabbage, sausage on homemade pita bread. Use sauces to your liking. This may be tomato ketchup or mayonnaise. Add sauce, pita roll roll.
In the video — another recipe for shawarma with sausage and Korean carrots:
Difficulties with the preparation of home shawarma for this recipe will not. The only thing — mushrooms, you must first fry.
- 2 plates of Armenian lavash;
- 200 g of ham;
- 1 onion;
- 200 g of champignons;
- 150 g Chinese salad + 1 cucumber;
- for frying unscented oil.
- 1.5 tbsp mayonnaise + 150 g sour cream;
- dill + green onions.
It will take: 35 minutes.
Calories: 289 kcal.
- Rinse the fresh champignons with water, peel and cut into strips. Fry in butter in a heated pan with onions until cooked. Add seasonings to taste, then put the mushrooms on a plate.
- Chop cabbage as thin as possible. Grate the cucumber, put it to the cabbage. Add spices.
- Cut ham into long strips, then brown in butter.
- Prepare the sauce: combine the sour cream with mayonnaise, chopped greens, salt and mix.
- Cut the pita bread in two. On each, put a little cabbage with cucumber, ham, mushrooms, sauce, carefully wrap, fry in a dry frying pan.
Very tasty and pleasant filling is obtained by adding fresh cucumbers, crab sticks, curd cheese and omelet to sausage.
- 1 pita;
- 40 g cheese curd;
- 1 fresh cucumber;
- 4-5 chilled crab sticks;
- 15 ml of an odorless oil;
- 45 ml of milk + 2 eggs;
- leaf salad to taste;
- 70 g sour cream + 30 g mayonnaise;
- fresh greens to taste.
Cooking: 25 minutes.
The number of calories: 280.
- Cut from a thin pita circle, which will be equal to the diameter of the pan.
- In this pan to cook an omelet, not covering the lid. For an omelet mix the egg with milk. Oils use the very minimum.
- Fresh cucumber, crab sticks cut into cubes.
- Spread the curd cheese on the pita bread and spread it evenly. Then put the crab sticks on them — an omelet, then — a layer of cucumbers. Season with salt, place lettuce, chopped greens on top. Add sauce, mix mayonnaise with sour cream.
- Form a roll, put on a grill pan, fry for two minutes on both sides.
Fry potatoes and sausage separately. Potatoes should be crispy and sausage with a golden crust.
- 3 pita bread;
- 250 grams of sausage;
- 140 g of potatoes;
- 150 g thin cucumbers;
- 150 g Bulgarian pepper;
- 150 g Chinese cabbage;
- 150 grams of dense tomatoes;
- 150 g soft cheese;
- 60 ml of mayonnaise and sour cream;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- spices to taste;
- Odorless vegetable oil.
Value: 280 kcal.
- Cut the sausage into cubes, fry in vegetable oil.
- Grate the cheese, chop the cabbage into strips, and all other vegetables into cubes.
- For the sauce, mix the sour cream with mayonnaise, add chopped garlic clove, favorite spices.
- Chop the potatoes into cubes, fry in deep fat until golden brown.
- Apply a thin layer of sauce to the pita bread. Then put all the prepared ingredients in layers: cabbage, cucumber, sausage, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes. Pour over the sauce, sprinkle with cheese chips and spin the pita tightly.
The more fresh herbs, the more delicious the shawarma, so we recommend adding more dill, green onions, parsley, cilantro, basil.
- 150 grams of dried sausage;
- 100 g Chinese cabbage;
- 3 varieties of plum tomatoes;
- 100 g of mayonnaise;
- 2 tbsp. spoons of grated tomatoes (in own juice);
- 1 plate of Armenian lavash;
- to taste greens.
It will take: 35 minutes.
The number of calories: 230.
- Sausage, cabbage chop long straws, tomatoes — slices.
- Prepare the sauce: mix the mayonnaise with the grated tomatoes.
- First put cabbage on the pita bread, thin slices of tomatoes on top of it, then sausage and sauce. Sprinkle with chopped fresh greens on top.
- First, roll the pita envelope, and then form a roll.
- Fry the roll on a dry grill pan, so the pita will become more crispy, appetizing ruddy stripes will appear on it.
Prepare a delicious salad with boiled sausage according to this recipe.
As an appetizer, you can make pita bread with chicken and Korean carrot. Here you can see the recipe.
Tips for cooking shawarma at home
- After the shawarma products are prepared, spread the thin pita bread on the table, sprinkle with water, and add lemon juice.
- Then grease the pita bread, stepping back a little from the edge of the flat cake, then add vegetable salad and meat ingredient, and pour the sauce on top. It is he who connects all the components together.
- Sauces can be very different. In one there is mayonnaise with sour cream, in the other — ketchup or tomato sauce. All other supplements depend on your preferences. If you like a sharp taste — add garlic to sour cream. Adjika, green onions, grated pickled cucumber, coriander, hot pepper will also fit.
- Tomato sauce can be prepared as follows: mix a tomato paste, mashed tomatoes, adjika, cilantro, lemon juice, olive oil until smooth.
- You can cook white sauce like this: take an equal amount of sour cream, homemade mayonnaise, kefir. Add garlic, crushed in a mortar with greens, black and red peppers. Let the white sauce stand for 60 minutes.
- If you want a brighter sauce, you can revive its color by adding paprika, greens or curry. Thanks to these ingredients, it looks especially appetizing.
- To make the sauce more fragrant, garlic with spices, spicy greens must first be ground and then combined with the base.
In the video — another way to make shawarma with sausage:
Each housewife has his own shawarma recipe with sausage: someone adds to it only a vegetable salad, someone — a Korean carrot and a lot of fresh greens. But the indispensable participant of the finished dish is a spicy sauce, it is he who combines all the ingredients into one whole.