A lot of tasty and unusual dishes came to the modern tables. One of them is an old dish from the UK — «Scotch Eggs». It can be presented as a hearty snack in any form (whole, cut into slices or rings), decorated with a small amount of greens and sauce.
Scotch eggs are a very rich snack, which is not only nutritious, but also high-calorie. The dish can be prepared for a holiday or celebration, it is convenient to take with you on a picnic, arranged in the open air.
For the step-by-step process of cooking, you will need to perform a number of actions:
- Boil six eggs hard-boiled, but do not overcook, so that the yolk does not turn blue inside, and one to drive into the stuffing, which must be kneaded well;
- In the meat mass to enter salt, basil, grated walnut and mix again;
- Eggs cleaned, minced divided into parts by the number of boiled pieces;
- Roll up meat balls, make cakes of them into which to put on the egg. Forcemeat fasten around, wrapping, wrapping the egg, not leaving large seams;
- Heat the butter well in a skillet, or frying pan. Roll each ball in breadcrumbs and place in hot oil;
- Turning often, fry the round meat balls until they are beautifully evenly brown in color;
- Put the finished dish on paper so that it absorbs excess fat.
When serving each ball cut into several parts with a sharp knife, the combination of fresh vegetables with this dish is just wonderful.
An English hearty and nutritious dish cannot be cooked every day due to the rather high cost of ingredients, but eggs in Scotch are, nevertheless, a great addition to a festive table.
The basis of the dish is the use of quail eggs, minced meat and this makes it very useful, containing many trace elements and vitamins. To make a cold snack on skewers you will need:
- chicken breast fillet — 300 g;
- chicken egg — 1 pc .;
- flour — 60 g;
- quail eggs — 10 pcs .;
- spices, salt — 5 g;
- breadcrumbs — 100 g;
- deodorized oil — 1.5 Art.
The process of creating a dish takes thirty minutes with regard to the preparation of products. In one hundred grams of fragrant snack contains 292 kcal.
Grilled meat should be ground into mincemeat using a blender or meat grinder, add spices to it, a little salt and mix. Quail eggs laid in water, cook for four minutes after boiling. After clear.
One chicken egg to drive into a deep bowl, salt and beat. In separate containers pour the flour and crackers. To form a dish, the stuffing is divided into ten equal parts, turns into a ball, is crushed into a cake, where a boiled quail egg is placed in the center. Then you should roll the chicken ball, fixing well the meat layer on the surface of the egg.
Pour oil into the pan, heat well. Prepared round snack dipped alternately in flour, beaten egg, bread crumbs and spread in butter. It will take fry for eight minutes, constantly turning over for even frying from all sides.
After the dish put on paper to stack unnecessary fat. When the snack is cool, cut the balls into a couple of pieces, put them on lettuce leaves and poke them with a skewer — it will be very convenient to try a tasty and healthy snack.
Take on the label of the Georgian recipe for dough khachapuri.
Read how to make a light, dietary rabbit soup. Recipes that are sure to come in handy.
A simple jellied pie with canned fish is an interesting and truly delicious pastry from the recipes of our grandmothers.
It’s no secret that baked dishes are more healthy and tasty. This English old dish is not only possible to cook with the help of the oven, but also thereby slightly lower the rather large caloric content, save a greater amount of useful substances.
To create a wonderful snack, to which these magnificent balls in minced meat, will be needed:
- ground beef (pork or mixed) — 400 g;
- quail eggs — 10 pcs .;
- chicken egg — 2 pcs .;
- salt — 10 g;
- spices (a mixture of peppers, thyme, rosemary, turmeric of choice) — 1/3 tsp;
- flour — 100 g;
- breadcrumbs — 50 g;
- butter — 30 g;
- olive oil — 20 g;
- onions — 50 g (1/2 onion);
By the time cooking in the oven lasts a little longer and is fifty minutes. The nutritional value of one hundred grams of nourishing snack is 254 kcal.
The main product — quail eggs — boil, peel and cool. In the stuffing, add spices, finely chopped onion, spices by preference and beat in one chicken egg — mix everything thoroughly, and beat another one in a separate container. On two plates, place the flour, crackers separately.
Prepared minced divided by the number of boiled quail eggs. From each individual piece of meat mass to form a cake, in the center of which to put an egg. Give a rounded shape, securing around the stuffing.
Molds, which will bake a nutritious snack, grease with butter. Roll the balls one by one in flour, egg, breadcrumbs and put into the form, sprinkling on top of a “drop” of olive oil.
Bake at 180 ° for thirty minutes.
Rice or buckwheat groats can be a wonderful side dish for the dish, the snack is excellent with greens and fresh vegetables.
There are a number of useful recommendations for the preparation of this interesting dish:
- The choice of minced meat is better to stop on the chicken meat product — the dish will be more tender and soft;
- After the eggs have boiled, it is better to put them straight from the boiling water into cold water — it will be easier and easier to clean;
- Introduce flour into the meat to make it easier to stick the meat layer around the egg;
- Instead of crackers for breading, take chopped nuts — the flavor of the dish will increase.
Greens, onions, herbs and spices should be added to the meat base so that the appetizer has a great juiciness and aromatic flavor. When serving balls in the cut, use skewers or simple toothpicks (it will be convenient to use), and spread the dish on top of salad leaves with cherry tomatoes, cucumbers and sweet peppers.