Lentil in a multivariate: a collection of recipes for healthy eating
Products such as peas, beans, buckwheat or rice have long been familiar to us all, we love them and often cook them.
But lentils were undeservedly forgotten and became exotic for us, although our ancestors grew it and enjoyed it.
What is this product?
What is its benefit for us, and what lentil dishes in the slow cooker are the most delicious, every hostess should know.
The properties of the plant will surely please people who care about their health and shape, because lentils are a dietary and very useful product.
100 grams of these legumes contains 25 grams of the most valuable vegetable protein, 54 grams of slow carbohydrates and only 1 gram of fat.
Our body receives protein mainly from meat products, but vegetable protein is much more valuable than animal, since it is much easier to digest, therefore the plant can replace meat in a human’s diet to some extent.
These legumes contain large amounts of natural sugar, unsaturated omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, and a lot of fiber, which ensures good digestion.
It is interesting to know that a small amount of the product contains an almost daily dose of folic acid intake, which is especially important for proper fetal development, so pregnant women should not neglect lentils, but periodically use it.
In general, in the plant world, not a single plant can compare with it in the number of valuable properties.
Here are its properties:
- good effect on nerve cells due to the presence in the composition of tryptophan (an amino acid that promotes the production of serotonin);
- It has a positive effect on blood formation and the cardiovascular system due to beneficial minerals and trace elements, the most important of which are magnesium, zinc, potassium and iron (they cleanse the vessels of harmful substances, strengthen the heart and increase the level of hemoglobin in the blood;
- indispensable with a diet, fills the body with many useful minerals, the deficiency of which is often observed in losing weight;
- non-hazardous and environmentally friendly, even if you grow a plant in a polluted environment, it will grow clean, as it does not accumulate toxins and radionuclides from the soil and atmosphere;
- is an anticarcinogenic agent due to the presence of isoflavones, unique substances that suppress cancer cells;
- useful for patients with diabetes, as it contains light carbohydrates, which do not change the level of sugar in the blood and are easily digested;
- used in folk medicine for the treatment of burns and wounds.
There are a lot of options for cooking lentils in a slow cooker and each one of them is interesting.
This culture of legumes is used in many countries: Asia, Europe, America have their own unique recipes from this product, it’s time to learn how to cook it.
Since the lentil soup will be cooked in a slow cooker, you need to prepare all the necessary ingredients:
cut potatoes into 1×1 cm potatoes, chop onions finely and grate the carrots; wash the rump in cold water.
So, we start to cook:
- pour a few spoons of butter into the bowl;
- put vegetables, while in the “frying” mode, let them go a few minutes until golden brown;
- then add potatoes and lentils to vegetables;
- salt and pepper, add water and close the lid by selecting the «quenching» mode for 1 hour;
- at the end of time, fill the soup with chopped garlic;
- serve to the table, garnished with chopped greens.
This soup is thick and rich.
Another interesting option is how to cook lentils in a slow cooker as a soup:
It is better to cook porridge in a slow cooker, since in this case the cooking time is significantly reduced, and the dish comes out very appetizing and juicy.
How to cook lentils in a slow cooker, everyone decides on his own, well, we offer the following recipe.
- red lentil — 1 multi-glass;
- water — 2.5 multistakan;
- homemade ketchup (adjika) — 4 tbsp. spoons;
- onions, carrots — 1 pc .;
- garlic — 1 tooth;
- butter — 40-50 g .;
- pepper, salt — to taste.
- Finely chop the vegetables and fry in baking mode for 10 minutes, 1 minute before the end of the program, add chopped garlic.
- Pour the washed cereal into a bowl with onions and carrots, add adjika or ketchup, mix everything thoroughly and add water.
- Select the “rice” mode, set the time — 25 minutes. At the end of cooking — mix.
Lentil in a slow cooker is obtained boiled soft with a slight nutty flavor.
Here’s how to cook green lentils in a slow cooker in the easiest way:
Of all the multi-cookers, housewives often prefer Redmond, preparing both lentil recipes and other culinary dishes.
What could be easier than cooking a meat dish and a side dish immediately in the same dish, besides, this dish will turn out to be nutritious and very tasty, since lentils will absorb the taste of pork and vegetables.
- pork — 0.3 kg;
- lentils (red) whole — 200 gr;
- carrots — 1 pc .;
- sour cream — 3-4 tbsp. spoons;
- tomato paste or sauce — 2 tbsp. spoons;
- boiling water — 300-400 ml;
- sunflower oil — 50 ml;
- salt, pepper — to taste.
Children love the cake «Turtle» because it is delicious, but this is not the main thing. He just looks very funny, because he is assembled from a variety of biscuits and really looks like a bug. Try to cook it! Tortoise Cake — recipes for the whole family.
The aroma of roasted zucchini with chicken from the oven can be felt even on the street. No, it’s not about you? So do not waste time and quickly create this yummy! Here you will find recipes to choose from.
In the summer, of course, I want to eat plenty of fresh fruit. But, having prepared them for the winter in the form of jam, you will be able to enjoy sweet fruits and berries in the winter. Check out here and find the right recipe for strawberry jam.
Method of cooking lentils with meat in a slow cooker:
- pour a little oil into the bowl of the slow cooker, cut into small bars meat, carrots, grated as for Korean salad, lentils and dressing with sour cream and sauce, salt;
- mix everything well and pour boiling water to make it quick;
- as the cereal is not chopped, then the cooking time will be slightly longer than usual, therefore we set the cooking mode to “Quenching”, and the time to 1 hour 30 minutes;
- After the beep, open the lid and stir the dish.
The cereal cooked according to this recipe remains whole, but very tender, like pork, which simply melts in your mouth!
Lentils with chicken in a spicewood with herbs
- pink lentils — 1 tbsp .;
- chicken fillet — 0.5 kg;
- sun-dried tomatoes — 150 g;
- carrots — 1 pc .;
- celery stalks — 2 pcs .;
- garlic — 2 teeth;
- Parmesan cheese — 3 tbsp. spoons;
olive oil — 2 tbsp. l .;
- Italian herbs — 2 tbsp. l .;
salt — 0.5 tsp.
Begin to cook lentils in a multi-cooker Polaris:
- cook all the ingredients: finely chop the vegetables, cut the chicken into cubes;
- turn on the “Multipovar” mode at 140 ° C and heat the oil in a multicooker bowl, then fry the chicken and vegetables there for 10 minutes;
- add sun-dried tomatoes and spices, mix everything;
- wash the grits and pour in vegetables, pour 4 cups of water;
- close the lid and continue cooking in the same mode for another 30 minutes;
- open the lid, fill with salt and herbs;
- lay on plates and sprinkle with grated parmesan.
Indian spices are optimal for dishes from legumes, besides, you should not overdo it with fatty dressings, as they are already quite rich.
And most importantly, experiment more and make your recipes for cooking lentils in a slow cooker, only this way you can truly understand and love this valuable product.
And now we want to supplement the article with another video in which a vegetarian recipe of lentil soup with cauliflower will be shown and described in detail: