The cow is one of the first animals tamed by man. Since ancient times fragrant juicy beef has been loved by people. Meat gives a feeling of fullness, gives a person strength and energy for active physical and mental activity.
And in beef there are a lot of nutrients, therefore, it is one of the first to be introduced into the children’s diet in order to ensure the harmonious development of the growing organism. There are many ways to cook meat, but it will be especially tasty and useful in boiled form.
How and how much to cook beef?
Cooking meat seems simple. In fact, complex conversion processes take place in the pan.
When the meat is heated to 40 ° C, the protein that makes up muscle fibers begins to shrink (denaturation process), and the flesh becomes denser. Collagen, which is contained between the fibers, is also converted and converted into gluten, thanks to which the prepared meat becomes juicy. When the entire collagen is converted to a clear liquid without blood impurities, the product can be considered ready.
It is important not to digest the meat, so as not to destroy the vitamins and nutrients contained in it.
Beef is the most useful type of meat. At 12-25%, it consists of easily digestible animal proteins, which are the main “building material” for muscle tissue. Given the low calorie (160 Kcal) and low fat content (17.4 g), the meat will perfectly fit into the daily diet of adults and children.
There are five main reasons why you should eat beef.
- Promotes muscle growth. Beef enters the body with amino acids and protein, which prevent muscular skeletal dystrophy. It is worth noting the presence in the meat of the enzyme beta-alanine, which is involved in the synthesis of carnosine. The latter is responsible for performance and endurance during physical labor and strength training.
- Accelerates tissue regeneration. Protein is important for maintaining a normal hairline, as well as its regular renewal. Significantly accelerates the process of regeneration of skin cells, which allows you to delay the appearance of age-related changes.
- Prevents anemia. Red meat compensates for iron deficiency in the body, and also improves its absorption from other foods. Thus, it is possible to prevent oxygen starvation, which is accompanied by fatigue and weakness.
- Strengthens the immune system. Regular consumption of boiled or stewed beef with vegetables makes the body more resistant to infections. Also significantly reduced the risk of chronic diseases.
- Activates mental activity. The brain is saturated with oxygen, due to which the nervous processes begin to flow faster. The presence of beef in the basic diet reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s disease in old age.
The taste and organoleptic qualities of boiled beef depend on the quality of the raw materials. Choosing good meat is easy if you know six criteria.
- Colour. Quality meat should be light red in color. If the beef is maroon, brown, or combines several shades at once, it is most likely stale. Streaks should be white, but in any case not yellow.
- Smell. Beef should have a pleasant fresh sweet flavor. If the sense of smell caught even the slightest unpleasant notes, give up the purchase. It is necessary to smell meat not only from above, but also in a section.
- Tactile sensations. Touch the meat — fingers should not stick. And after that, the skin should remain dry, without traces of mucus.
- Surface. It must be shiny and uniform, without stains or crusts. Only slight winding of the meat surface is acceptable if it is sold from an open counter.
- Elasticity. With a little effort, press on a piece of beef with your finger. The resulting dent should quickly return to its original state.
- Part. The most tender and juicy will be meat from the shoulder, sternum or back. If you are going to make broth, choose your lower legs or neck. For soup it’s good to use ribs — they give a good fat.
Professional cooks and experienced housewives argue that at least two hours you need to cook the beef so that it becomes soft and tender. And this time is enough to kill the parasites that can live in raw meat. There are also five factors that determine how long to cook beef.
The countdown is after boiling water.
- The age of the animal. Old meat is tough and requires long cooking (at least three hours). A large piece of veal can be cooked in 40 minutes.
- Personal preferences. If you like to chew meat, feel its taste and texture, two hours of cooking will be enough. And if you want food to melt in your mouth, you will have to spend more time cooking.
- Purpose At least an hour must be cooked beef for soup. During this time, get a delicious flavored broth. Cooking the very piece of meat can be completed in a separate pan or in the same. Then the broth will be more saturated.
- The size of the piece. A large piece will cook for at least two hours. If you divide the meat into several smaller fragments or use entrecote, 40-60 minutes will be enough. Boil beef with a bone (for example, for soup), will have from one and a half hours.
- Fat “Marble” beef with a lot of fatty layers is cooked almost twice as fast as regular meat with a dense texture of fibers.
Boil frozen beef need as much as fresh. It is only important that the meat is completely thawed before cooking.
Otherwise, the product will cook longer and will be cooked unevenly. To bring the product to the desired condition, you can use one of four proven techniques.
- In water. Frozen meat should be placed in a bag and dipped in a container filled with water. The liquid should be cold or slightly warm. After an hour you can start cooking.
- In the microwave. Place the meat in the oven and turn on the “Defrost” mode. If this function is not provided in the microwave, simply turn on the device at minimum power. In a few minutes the product will thaw.
- In a refrigerator. Take the meat out of the freezer and move it to the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. Beef will be defrosted for at least a day, but it will better preserve the structure and beneficial substances.
- At room temperature. Put the meat in a bowl and leave on the table for three to four hours.
Cooking is the most common and fairly primitive way of cooking. But the development of technology, as well as the imagination of cooks and housewives, have long led this process beyond the pots and pots.
Depending on the technical capabilities and taste preferences, choose the best way for yourself.
Features In antiquity in Russia, beef for several hours was tormented in a cast-iron pot. The meat was tender and soft.
And still there was a rich broth from which it was possible to cook a nourishing stew. Therefore, if there is a cast-iron pan, choose it for cooking beef.
There will also be an enameled saucepan with a thick bottom. Take in a large container in which a piece of meat will fit completely.
- Place the pot of meat and water on the stove and turn on the heat to maximum.
- As soon as the water boils, screw the hob. The fire must be weak, so that the water only slightly boils.
- Remove the foam.
- Salt the meat. You can determine the amount of salt at your discretion. Standard — a tablespoon of 0.5 kg of meat and 2 liters of water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook the meat for an hour.
- Check the readiness of the meat. If it is easily punctured with a knife or fork, you can remove the pan from the stove. If the beef is tough, cook another 30 minutes.
- Transfer the finished meat from the pan to a separate dish to cool the product.
Features Multivarki firmly entered the kitchen.
A compact, elegant appliance can replace a pan, a frying pan, and even an oven. Cooking is a pleasure.
Multivark beef turns out to be especially fragrant and tender. And most importantly — the device itself will determine the temperature required for cooking.
- Place the meat in the bowl, cover with water and turn on the Cooking or Stewing / Soup mode without closing the lid.
- After boiling, remove the foam, add salt and close the lid.
- Continue to cook the meat as usual for an hour.
- Try to pierce the beef with a fork. If the meat is easy, it means that it is ready. If not, you need to cook another 30 minutes.
Features If you stick to a healthy lifestyle or want to lose weight, cook steamed meat.
This method allows you to preserve the structure and taste of meat, and most importantly — the vitamins, minerals and trace elements contained in it.
- Cut the meat into small portions not more than 1 cm thick and salt.
- Place the workpiece in the container. Meat need to lay out in one layer.
- Turn on the device and cook the beef for an hour.
- Turn the meat over and cook another 30 minutes.
Features Quickly cook a large piece of red meat can only be in a pressure cooker. The secret of the device lies in a hermetically sealed lid.
The specific design provides increased pressure inside the pan, thereby increasing the boiling point. This allows you to reduce the cooking time of meat in two or three times compared with a conventional saucepan and other kitchen appliances.
- Place the meat in a pressure cooker and cover with water. The liquid must completely cover the product.
- Put the pressure cooker on a strong fire so that the water boils.
- Remove the foam from the broth and add salt.
- Reduce heat, cover the pressure cooker with a lid and cook the meat for another 50 minutes.
Features As a rule, the microwave is used for such elementary processes as defrosting and heating of products. But this is not all that a kitchen appliance is capable of.
It is quite possible to cook full meals.
- Place the meat in a deep bowl that is suitable for microwave heating.
- Pour boiling water over beef, add salt and seasonings.
- Send the container to the microwave and heat on medium power for 20 minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a lid (it should also be suitable for heating in a microwave) and switch to minimum power.
- Every 20-30 minutes, check the readiness of the meat.
Features People prefer to eat fried, baked, stewed, but not cooked meat. And all because during cooking the product «gives» part of the taste and aroma to the water.
The problem can be solved by boiling beef in its own juice.
- Wash the meat with salt, season and wrap tightly with several layers of cling film or fold into a roasting sleeve.
- Dip the billet in a pan filled with cold water.
- Boil the product at maximum burner capacity until boiling, and then reduce the heat so that the water only boils slightly.
- In this mode, the meat must be cooked for two hours.
Why do two housewives from the same set of products can get completely different dishes? Because the key to success is in knowledge of cooking technology and knowledge of culinary tricks. Cooking meat is not as simple as it may seem.
In this matter, you need to follow the ten rules.
- Determine the amount of water. A pound of fillet should be 1.5 liters of water. For meat on the bone, there should be more water.
- Do not cut. To beef well prepared and preserved juiciness, it is better to cook it with a piece weighing 1.5-2 kg. Small fragments cook faster, but they are dry and less fragrant.
- Soften hard meat. Soak old beef before cooking in mineral water for a couple of hours. With the same purpose, while cooking meat, you can add a couple of tablespoons of vodka to the pan.
- Remove the foam. The first 15 minutes from the start of cooking will have to guard at the pan with a spoon or a slotted spoon to collect the foam. This is especially important for soup. Because of the foam, the broth will be cloudy.
- Add more flavor. Mistresses during cooking beef add onions, carrots, bay leaf, pepper-peas and parsley root. Professional chefs recommend adding red meat with cloves, oregano, marjoram, basil, tarragon and coriander.
- Accelerate the process. If you marinate meat for the night, it will cook much faster. For these purposes, mustard, vinegar with onions or fruit pulp.
- Give the meat a «walk.» After cooking, do not rush to get the meat from the pan. Let it lie in the broth for 20-30 minutes so that the product will infuse and become more juicy.
- Determine the amount of meat. Boiled beef will decrease by about 40% of the original volume. Consider this when planning a certain number of servings.
- Do not dilute «peresal». If you overdo it with salt, do not add water to the broth. Dip a potato or a cloth bag of rice into the pan. The product will absorb excess salt.
- Observe storage regulations. Keep the finished meat in the refrigerator can be no more than two days.
If you think that boiled beef is a boring and bland diet food, then you are deeply mistaken. If you experiment a bit with the ingredients, you can get an aromatic dish that will diversify the everyday menu and even decorate the festive table.
Features Beef and mushrooms are almost the perfect combination. Bright tastes and contrasting textures are organically combined in exquisite dishes.
And the tomato will add spicy sourness to the dish, which will successfully dilute the combination of rich aromas.
- 1 kg of beef;
- three large champignons;
- large tomato;
- five black peppercorns;
- Bay leaf;
- a quarter cup of brandy;
- tablespoon of salt.
- Immerse the meat in a saucepan with cold water. The liquid should cover the product by 2 cm.
- Cook over high heat until the liquid boils, then remove the foam.
- Reduce heat and simmer for an hour.
- Meanwhile, peel and finely chop the mushrooms and tomato. Send to the pan to the meat.
- Add spices and brandy and cook for another two hours.
- Broth at this stage must be salted and another ten minutes to cook beef until tender.
- Meat cut in portions, and the broth can be used for a delicious soup.
Features Beef «loves» spices. In the sense that it readily absorbs the aromas of the spices, acquiring an even richer taste.
And spices contribute to the softening of the fibers, which in combination with cooking makes the beef incredibly tender.
- 1 kg of beef;
- parsley or celery root;
- four cloves of garlic;
- three tablespoons of adjika;
- bunch of greens (basil or cilantro);
- five black peppercorns;
- tablespoon of salt.
- Place the meat in a saucepan with water and set on a high heat.
- Coarsely chop the carrots, onions, parsley root and send it all to the meat pan.
- When the liquid boils, remove the foam, reduce the heat to minimum and continue cooking for two hours.
- Add black pepper and salt. Boil another half hour.
- Turn off the heat and leave the beef in the broth until cool. It should be warm.
- Finely chop the herbs and rub the garlic. Pound the products with salt.
- Remove the meat from the broth and make a few small cuts in it. Good rub with a mixture of garlic and herbs.
- Grease the beef adjika.
- Wrap the meat tightly in a foil and send to the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
For the full growth of the child just need animal protein. Therefore, from about eight months (and for the artefactors, from six months) meat fodder is introduced.
First, the baby is recommended to “acquaint” with rabbit or turkey, which are easily digested and rarely cause allergies. Next in line should be rich in iron and protein beef.
For baby foods, it is important to prepare a gentle and uniform mashed potatoes without large fragments. For these purposes, the pulp from the back of the carcass is well suited — it is less fibrous there. It is advisable to enter into the diet of the baby meat of an animal whose age does not exceed three months.
Prepare the product in eight steps.
- Rinse the meat several times. Under running water. Cut off the film and fatty fibers from it.
- Fill with water. And cook until boiling.
- Drain the first water. And fill the meat with fresh liquid.
- Boil for at least two hours. Without salt and spices. If you cut the product into small pieces, you can reduce the cooking time to 40-60 minutes.
- Check product availability. If it is badly punctured with a knife or fork, cook another 30-60 minutes.
- Finished meat scroll. Through a meat grinder or puree in a blender.
- Wipe the mash through a metal sieve. It is important that the mass is homogeneous.
- Slightly dilute puree with breast milk. Or milk mixture to the consistency of the product became soft.
In antiquity, the Japanese were forbidden to eat meat at the legislative level. Caught on the «crime» threatened severe punishment. But when the Europeans made frequent visits to an Asian country, the emperor remarked that, both in height and strength, the Japanese lose to Western guests.
He came to the conclusion that this was due to the Europeans’ love of beef and other types of meat. Despite the fact that the lifting of the ban did not have a significant impact on the physique of the Japanese, this does not negate the benefits of meat.
Knowing how to cook beef, you can cook a delicious and nutritious lunch that will give you energy and excellent well-being.