How can you easily clean the oven from the old burned fat
Old accumulated fat and soot in the oven — one of the most common problems with which the hostess. In order to prevent this, it is advisable each time, after preparing food, to wipe the oven, baking sheet with a wet cloth, removing the remaining fat. If carbon deposits have already accumulated, it is much harder to wash it, but it is possible. For this there are different ways:
Before you start washing the oven with the help of various means, you should know the precautions.
The main security measures include the following:
- Rubber gloves — be sure to protect your hands, because many products (primarily chemical) contain hazardous substances;
- Trays and grilles are removed and washed separately;
- Degreased wipes (sponges) are suitable for washing — they do not slide over the surface of walls and glass;
- When cleaning you need to open a window for fresh air to enter the room;
- The heating elements of the oven detergent can not handle.
Chemistry is the fastest way to remove old burned fat from the oven.
The stores have a huge range of different products for removing accumulated fat and soot in the ovens. For example, gels:
Chemicals are applied to the dirty surface with a sponge or sprayed for a while (usually for half an hour). Then washed off with warm water.
How to wash the oven from the old burned fat: folk remedies
A good alternative to aggressive chemistry are folk methods. The most popular are:
- lemon acid;
- lemon juice;
- stone and salt;
- baking powder for the dough;
- carbonic acid.
Vinegar (acetic acid) for washing — the sparing option. To remove fat you need:
- remove the trays, grate;
- soak the sponge with vinegar;
- sponge the oven inside;
- distribute vinegar over the entire surface and leave for 6 hours (you can overnight);
- then wipe the oven well.
A good effect is obtained if you mix vinegar with soda. The reaction that occurs when they interact, destroys fatty deposits and soot. The sequence of work:
- apply vinegar on the inner surface;
- process the surface with soda (put it on a wet sponge and spread on the side walls, top, bottom, door);
- leave applied funds for a couple of hours;
- wipe all treated surfaces first with a hard sponge, then with water;
- if there is still fat and carbon, you can again apply soda to them and rub;
- at the end of all work again thoroughly wash everything with warm water.
A good method to remove accumulated fat is lemon juice. There are several options for its use.
This method helps not only to remove fat, but also to eliminate the smell of burning.
You can also use a mixture of vinegar, citric acid, soda. Take a package of citric acid, 100 grams of vinegar, a tablespoon of soda. Everything is mixed up. Preheat oven at 100 degrees. Then apply the finished mixture on the inner surface of the cabinet (except heating elements), leave for 40 minutes. Wash off with a sponge with warm water.
A good option to get rid of stubborn fat — laundry soap. One piece of soap is taken, finely rubbed on a grater, mixed with hot water until completely dissolved. The soap solution needs to be put in the oven heated to 150 degrees, boil for one hour. As a result, the fat softens it can be easily cleaned with a tough sponge. At the end, be sure to thoroughly wash the entire surface several times with water.
Equally effective is the use of soap with vinegar and soda. 100 grams of vinegar, 30 grams of grated soap, 50 grams of soda are mixed. The mixture should rub the surface inside the oven, leave for 4 hours. Then clean all with a hard sponge and wash with warm water. This method is also good for grids, trays, doors.
A popular method of accumulated fat is ammonia. For cleansing, you can wet the sponge with ammonia, apply to all surfaces. It is best to do this at night, and in the morning thoroughly wash the oven several times — first with water with dishwashing detergent, and then clean warm water.
The second option is to heat the oven to 120 degrees, put a container of water there, so that it will bake for about 20 minutes. Turn the oven off and place the tank with sal ammoniac on the bottom shelf. Leave for 8 hours. Then mix the water with alcohol, add a little degreasing agent and wash. Even very old fat is perfectly removed.
Rock salt also cleans well. For this salt baking sheet, shelves plentifully sprinkle. Next, you should heat the oven until the salt gets a golden hue. Then wash the surface with water and grease remover. Minerals of rock salt do an excellent job with old fat.
Plain salt with carbonic acid is a quick way to deal with the problem of soot. To delete you need:
- kilogram of salt and a little acid diluted in 600 grams of water;
- put the mixture on the bottom shelf in a preheated 200 degree oven;
- heat for 45 minutes;
- turn off and wait until cool;
- wash with warm water with the addition of dishwashing detergent.
Non-standard way to remove contamination — baking powder for the test. It will take a few packs. A baking powder is applied to the inner surface of the slab moistened with water and left for 5-6 hours (it is possible overnight). The fat is removed with a stiff sponge.
For cleansing ovens with enamel coating, it is better to use more benign methods, for example, steam. Water is poured into the baking sheet (so that it does not overflow the edges), a little degreasing agent. All this boils about 30 minutes at 200 degrees. When the oven cools, you need to wash the surface with warm water.
How to cook an interesting snack in the pan — pita with cheese and herbs — read our recipes.
Cake «Day and night» — a delicious dessert for homemade recipes.
Fat and carbon removal in self-cleaning ovens
There are several types of self-cleaning ovens:
- Hydrolysis cleaning — fat does not penetrate into the inside of the walls, but removing it from the surface must be done independently (using chemical, folk remedies);
- Pyrolytic cleaning — in such ovens fatty deposits, the remains of food are turned into ashes (at a temperature of 500 degrees). At the end of the process, you only need to wipe everything off with a damp cloth (so that there is no burning smell);
- Catalytic cleaning — on the inner surface of the oven there are special oxidizing agents that convert fat, carbon to water, carbon, organic matter. In such ovens, you need to wash the door yourself, because the oxidants are only on the walls.
Ovens with self-cleaning are much higher in price and require timely replacement of the elements responsible for the removal of fatty deposits.
It is better to wash the oven immediately after use, without starting the process. After all, then clean the dirty surface is much harder and takes a long time. There are chemical and traditional ways to remove fat. When using them, you should adhere to safety measures in order not to harm your health. In more modern ovens, a self-cleaning function is built in, when, when heated, the fat automatically dissolves.