Jacket potatoes are used to prepare various dishes. A rare chef never prepared the tubers in this way. Despite the ease of preparation, you should know how and how much to cook the potatoes in their skins.
This will preserve the beneficial properties of the vegetable.
Jacket potatoes are usually cooked for salads. The peel retains the dense structure of the tubers, so after slicing the slices keep their shape, they do not fall apart.
Also, unpeeled potatoes cooked for cooking zraz, pancakes, mashed potatoes.
How to cook potatoes in their uniform: tips chefs
Only water, tubers and salt are needed for cooking. Clear rules of cooking does not exist. The process takes from 15 to 30 minutes depending on the number and size of potatoes.
Cooking can be divided into five stages.
- Training . Choose potatoes of the same size. Rinse thoroughly under running water. Rub dirty tubers with a soft brush or foam sponge. Ensure that the skin is not damaged.
- Water The amount of cooking liquid depends on the number of tubers. In any case, the water should completely cover the vegetables. If the liquid boiled out during the cooking process, add hot water.
- Time On average, boil the potatoes in a uniform after boiling water should be 20 minutes. After 15 minutes, you can check readiness by piercing the peel with a fork. If the teeth fit into the tuber well, it’s time to remove the pan from the heat, drain the water. Hard potatoes should be left for another 15-20 minutes.
- Salt It is recommended to salt water ten minutes after the start of cooking. The spice will give the dish a salty flavor, prevent the cracking of the skin. One teaspoon per liter of liquid is enough.
- Cooling . If potatoes are needed for salad, it is better to pour the tubers with cold water after cooking. This will help to remove the «uniform», to preserve the dense structure of the pulp.
For cooking, it is better to choose new potatoes, but not all seasons allow this. An “adult” root vegetable (large, small) is suitable for boiling in a uniform not worse. However, when cooking you should consider a few nuances related to the size and «age» of vegetables.
- Old potatoes. It is not recommended to boil old, packed potatoes in a uniform. It is necessary to exclude rotten, «big-eyed» tubers. If the appearance is quite satisfactory, then in 25-30 minutes the potatoes will be ready.
- New potatoes. Ideal for cooking in the peel. Cooked young potatoes of medium size in the uniform of 15-20 minutes. Young tubers can be eaten without peeling.
- The size . The larger the potatoes, the longer it will take to cook. On average, 25 minutes is enough to boil large potatoes in a uniform.
Modern kitchens, equipped with appliances, allow you to choose the most convenient way of cooking. The dish can be cooked not only on the stove, but also with the help of a microwave, a slow cooker.
Description. A good housewife should know how to boil the potatoes in a uniform in a saucepan. After removing the pan from the heat, be sure to drain the water and remove the lid so that the tubers are cooled in air.
If you leave a hot liquid, especially under the lid, the potatoes will continue to evaporate and are more likely to melt.
- potatoes — 500 g;
- water — 1 l;
- salt — a teaspoon.
- Put the washed potatoes in a saucepan.
- Pour cold water, completely hiding the vegetables.
- Put on intense fire, close the lid.
- Wait for boiling, salt.
- Reduce heat, slightly open lid to allow steam to escape.
- Leave for about 20 minutes.
- Check for readiness with a skewer, fork or knife.
- If the potatoes are soft, drain the water.
- Hard tubers leave for another ten minutes, check readiness.
Description. It is convenient to cook in a jacket with the help of a modern household appliance. It is enough to set the program, wait for the signal.
During cooking, you can do other things.
- Wash potatoes well.
- Put in a bowl, add salt.
- Fill with water to completely cover the vegetables (the level should be a couple of millimeters higher).
- Close the lid, set the half-hour steaming program.
- After the signal, remove the bowl, drain the remaining liquid.
Description. In the microwave, a vegetable in uniform is cooked the fastest. Water and dishes in this case are not needed.
- plastic tight bag;
- potato tubers.
- Dry well washed potatoes, blotted with a napkin.
- Pin a toothpick in several places.
- Put in the package, tie (zip).
- Put in the oven.
- Set the power of 600-700 watts and time — ten minutes.
- Pierce the bloated bag.
- Check the tuber readiness.
- If the potatoes are hard, repeat the cooking process, putting another two minutes.
Description. In such an unusual way, you can “cook” small potatoes in your uniform so that it does not boil soft. It turns out delicious, as if cooked in the ashes of a vegetable, a great option for a side dish.
- Wash and blot the tubers with a napkin.
- Lubricate with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Put on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 200 ° C for about half an hour.
- Check puncturing readiness, if necessary, increase the cooking time.
Description. Steamer helps to preserve the «true» taste of vegetables and vitamins. It turns out useful and tasty preparation which can be used for preparation of dishes or as a garnish to fish, meat.
- Wash the potatoes, chop with a fork in several places.
- Pour water into a steamer.
- Put the tubers in the bowl.
- Cook for 15-25 minutes according to the size of the potatoes.
- Check the readiness with a fork.
- Put in a saucepan, cover with a towel.
Finding out how long to cook potatoes in a salad uniform, it remains to find out how this cooking method is useful. «Uniform» gives some advantage over peeled potatoes. The table shows basic information about vegetables cooked in their skins.
Table — Properties of potato in uniform
|Calorie per 100 g, kcal||78|
— group B
|Trace elements||— Potassium;
Each chef chooses how to cook potatoes in uniform. The main thing is to ensure that it does not digest. Broken peel indicates that tubers should be removed from heat.
Carefully check the readiness without piercing the potatoes through.
I, too, never get to cook it as much as a carrot, I always digest it and it crumbles all the time. Therefore, now I cook it in the microwave: D I put in my uniform in a bag, I close it in the microwave for 10 minutes, but who has some power, I open it, if I add a little more time. But then it is convenient to clean and all smooth, and much faster than cooking)
And when cooking, I add salt, at the rate of 1 tsp to 3 liters of water. And I put the potatoes in boiling water. It is also better to pour water with a small supply to cover the potatoes completely.
I also heard that you can add a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice to the water, before laying a potato. The optimal cooking time is 35 minutes)
Oh, how — easily! We take potatoes, wash them very well, then put them in water and boil. Well, all that complicated) The degree of readiness is checked with a fork.
There are, of course, nuances, but I do them, completely without thinking about them. Here, for example, the potatoes themselves take a medium size. And in general, all — one size, and then one big, the other small will be welded differently in time.
Plus, we take potatoes young, with not too thick skinned, with thick skinned, it is already old, tasteless and in the uniform is not very useful to cook it. Many are waiting for the water to boil, then they put potatoes there, but I put them right in the cold, I don’t see the difference. The only thing I do is add salt in the middle of cooking, otherwise the salt will just be absorbed into the skin and will not reach the potato itself.
Well, then, as it is cooked, I send it immediately under cold water, like eggs, so that the peel is removed better. And I cook for 30-40 minutes, probably, on medium heat.
Cooking potatoes in the microwave when you need to cook something quickly. Wash the three medium potatoes thoroughly, pierce the skin with a knife, about five times (just poke them with a knife) and put them in a dish in the microwave. 7-10 minutes is enough.
It becomes like baked. Remove the rind with a knife and add: mushrooms, sausages, salads are different, vegetables are different. Top can be grated cheese while hot.
In general, it turned out such a side dish. Very fast.