Chuck-chuck is a delicacy, which among the Tatars is considered national. All guests are supposed to meet and treat them.
A kind of symbol of Tatar hospitality, such as Russian bread and salt. But this dessert fell in love with other nations. He is happy to cook in different countries.
Cooking such a dish is quite time-consuming, but not particularly expensive.
You can buy such a dessert in the store, but having prepared it with your own hands should be tried, since it can be said for sure that all the products that were used are natural and completely lacking additives and various flavor enhancers. Options for recipes for chak-chak in Tatar are many, each has differences in products and even form. By the way, the shape of chak-chak depends on the locality where it is cooked.
This article will describe a few with photos step by step. The first recipe, this Tatar delicacy.
Chak-chak in Tatar
- egg — 6 pieces;
- milk — 4 tablespoons;
- sugar — 2 tablespoons;
- flour — 420 grams;
- soda — 1 tsp;
- Apple vinegar or rice — 1 tablespoon;
- salt — 1⁄4 tsp;
- sunflower oil — 300-400 milliliters;
- clarified butter — 20-25 grams.
Chuck Chuck Syrup:
- honey — 100 grams;
- sugar — 100 grams.
Separate the whites from the yolks in 3 eggs, divide the other three into a separate bowl. Put 3 eggs and 3 yolks in a bowl for a mixer or a regular one.
Next, pour the sugar, soda salt and milk. Beat thoroughly until the mass becomes homogeneous and airy.
Add vinegar and knead with a silicone spatula. Gradually add flour to the consistency of the dough, when it is still sticking to the hands, but already holds its shape.
Pour the remaining flour onto the working surface, where the dough will be rolled and kneaded.
According to the Ministry of Health, diet, exercise, pills and liposuction are today the main methods of combating obesity, however, judging by the fact that the number of obese people continues to grow, none of them are truly mass and effective. That all changed when “Bee Slim”, fat burning drops, appeared.
Says, doctor of the highest medical category, nutritionist, Saut Leonid Aleksandrovich .. read more.
Knead the dough. You can finish this stage when the flour is completely absorbed. Remove the resulting dough in cellophane, about half an hour.
While it is resting, in a small dipper or cauldron pour in sunflower oil and ghee.
Cover the napkin in a colander. Take out the dough and divide it into equal 8 pieces.
Sprinkle the board with a little flour and roll out the dough. Thickness should be 1.5 — 2 millimeters. Cut the dough into strips, their width should be 3.5-4 centimeters.
After that, cut each strip with a width of 1.5-2 millimeters. Such manipulations need to be done with each piece of dough.
In hot oil, fry the dough in small batches. Bars need to constantly stir, so that they do not stick together. After they have browned, catch them in a saucepan and put on a colander which is covered with a paper towel.
This is to ensure that excess oil is gone. And so to do with each batch.
It is best to prepare a split form, it will be more convenient to extract the finished chak-chuck from it. Cover it with a silicone mat or baking paper and brush with butter.
Pour honey into the ladle; if it is very thick, dilute it with water and put on gas. Add sugar to honey and stir until sugar is completely dissolved.
Divide the dough into two parts and pour one over the honey syrup, then mix it immediately, so that the watering is distributed evenly.
Put in the prepared form and after wetting the hands in cold water, the chak-chak must be tamped over the entire surface of the form. Prepare syrup for the second batch of chak-chak and do the same steps as with the first part.
Leave the chuck-chuck to soak in, it takes about a couple of hours to take. During this time, the delicacy is completely saturated and will be ready for use.
After the wall from the form to separate and turn the chak-chak on the dishes, then remove the parchment paper.
This is a recipe for the traditional Chak Chak Tatar without vodka. The following recipe will exclude certain ingredients. It will turn out no less tasty than the above described recipe, but less calorie, as the sugar will be slightly less.
But present in the following recipe for chak-chak in Tatar style with photos will be step by step vodka.
Chuck-chak in Tatar-style vodka
- flour — 400 grams;
- egg — 2 pieces;
- vodka — 2 tablespoons;
- salt — pinch;
- honey — 0.5 cups;
- sugar — 1/3 cup;
- oil for frying — 300 — ml.
- The dough is prepared quite simply, it has the name of the egg. It is the same as for egg noodles. Whip or a mixer, beat the eggs until the air foam, salt the eggs and pour in the vodka. All is well whipped and gradually pour the flour.
- Knead the dough, it should be dense and at the same time soft. The main thing that it is easy to roll.
- Wrap the dough in cellophane or cover with a cup and give a little rest. It will take about half an hour — an hour.
- Divide the dough into 3-4 equal parts and roll out so that it is approximately 2 millimeters thick.
- We give it a little dry, and then the mode based on their taste preferences. You can make small roundels, you can cut the like of noodles or even squares. As the imagination allows.
- In a cauldron or scoop, heat the butter, and fry the dough in small portions. It must be constantly stirred, otherwise it will stick together. On the frying lasts about 1.5-2 minutes.
- Further, as in the previous recipe, put the ready dough on a towel made of paper, it is necessary that the excess oil is drained.
- Pour honey into a ladle or other aluminum container and put it on a slow fire, heat it up to a liquid state and pour out the sugar. Until the sugar is dissolved, stir constantly. It is impossible to allow the syrup to burn, otherwise a bitter taste of burnt sugar will appear in the chak-chak. By the time it’s about being ready for the syrup, it takes 3 minutes. If you overdo it, it will stick to your teeth unpleasantly.
- We make the remaining points as in the previous recipe, put the ready chak-chak into the form, we tamp and let it brew.
In any of the recipes for chak-chak in Tatar style with a photo, you can add nuts after frying them, or raisins and dried apricots. Rely on your taste preferences.
From the addition of dried fruit or other similar products, chak-chak will only get tastier and acquire its peculiar shade.