Incredibly delicious, and at the same time easy to prepare cake «Elephant’s Tear» according to the recipe from the photo, was able to win the hearts of many sweet teeth. The dessert has a very pronounced and unusual taste, because it perfectly combines chocolate-honey sponge cake and soft banana filling.
Do not be afraid to cook this dessert, it, although it looks difficult, still cooked very easily and not expensive.
It is very important to note that the delicacy will come out really air only if you use exclusively fat cream and no less fat sour cream for the cream. These products are much easier to beat in a fairly thick and lush cream, which means that the filling will not flow out of the wrapped cake.
Decorate the finished delicacy at its discretion, it can be dark chocolate glaze, various options of fudge or cream. Chopped bitter chocolate or crushed nuts can also be an excellent design.
Honey dessert with sour cream
For the cake:
- table soda — 11 grams;
- chicken eggs — 3 pieces;
- flour of the first grade — 2 large spoons;
- granulated sugar — 245 grams;
- cocoa powder — 85 grams;
- high quality honey — 35 ml;
On the cream:
- very fat sour cream — 565 ml;
- sugar powder — 3 big spoons;
- peeled bananas — 3 pieces.
On the sweet:
- cocoa powder — 2 large spoons;
- quality butter — 42 grams;
- starch — 2 large spoons;
- granulated sugar — 235 grams;
- fat cream — 225 ml;
- purified water — 3 large spoons.
The process of making dessert:
To make an “Elephant’s Tear” cake in your kitchen, you can use the recipe with a photo that we describe in more detail below. It is worth starting with preparing eggs for biscuit cake, they are first taken out of the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Chicken eggs are broken into a bowl, and then they begin to beat at a low speed of the mixer, gradually adding speed.
When the product turns into foam, you can add granulated sugar to it while whisking. The mass is whipped until the grains are dissolved, then honey is introduced to the eggs and whipped again.
Now we need another cup, pour all the dry products indicated in the recipe into it. When the ingredients are mixed together, they are poured in small portions into the egg mass.
Stir the dough is better from top to bottom, for this is used a wooden spatula or whisk.
Baking sponge cake:
Parchment paper is baked on a large baking sheet, and already enough liquid batter is poured over it. It is better to take a baking sheet with high sides so that the dough does not spread.
The mass must be carefully leveled to make the cake as smooth and equal in height as possible.
Such a cake for a cake called “The Elephant’s Tear” is prepared according to the recipe from a photo of no more than fifteen minutes. The temperature of the oven should not exceed 180 degrees. As soon as the cake is ready, it is removed from the oven and turned on the table so that the parchment is at the top.
A soft towel is lined onto the surface of the biscuit, and in this form they leave the blank for fifteen or twenty minutes.
According to the Ministry of Health, diet, exercise, pills and liposuction are today the main methods of combating obesity, however, judging by the fact that the number of obese people continues to grow, none of them are truly mass and effective. That all changed when “Bee Slim”, fat burning drops, appeared.
Says, doctor of the highest medical category, nutritionist, Saut Leonid Aleksandrovich .. read more.
When the cake becomes already slightly warm, it is necessary to give it the correct form, for this, the biscuit is wrapped around a rolling pin. In this form, the workpiece is left until complete cooling.
While the cake will cool, you can start cooking the cream. It is not difficult to do it, it is enough just to put the cooled sour cream in the bowl, and then add sugar powder to it.
The mass is whipped with a mixer until it becomes thick enough.
Now it is worth doing the preparation of fudge, in our case it will be chocolate. To make it, you need to mix granulated sugar, the required amount of cocoa powder in one bowl, and add starch to the products.
Sour cream or cream is added to the mixture. The mass for the cake «Elephant’s Tear», according to the specified recipe from the photo step by step, is thoroughly mixed with a spoon to get a uniform texture.
The resulting creamy mass boils well, but this can only be done with a couple. Once the sugar has dissolved, the fudge can be considered ready. At the very end of cooking, add a piece of butter to the mixture and mix everything.
Sweet leave to cool.
It’s time to do the formation of the dessert. Biscuit smeared cream mass in such a way that in the middle of this butter cream was more than at the edges.
Peeled and prepared bananas are placed in the center of the cream. Biscuit just rolled up like a book.
The edges must be pressed down to remove the voids and glue together the dessert. At the last stage, the cake is smeared with finished fudge, and then placed in the refrigerator chamber for cooling and solidification.
Cake with banana and brandy impregnation
Ingredients for sponge cake:
- baking powder for dough — pack;
- sugar sand — 165 grams;
- flour of the first grade — 125 grams;
- natural meadow honey — 2-3 spoons;
- cocoa powder — 2 large spoons;
- chicken eggs — 3 pieces.
Ingredients for cream:
- powdered sugar — 122 grams;
- ripe bananas — 3 pieces;
- sour cream fat from 30% — 610 ml.
Ingredients for impregnation:
- granulated sugar — 125 grams;
- purified water — 120 ml;
- Cognac — 2 large spoons.
Ingredients for fudge:
- granulated sugar — 245 grams;
- cream fat content of 35% — 3 large spoons;
- high-quality butter — 32 grams;
- potato starch — 1 large spoon;
- water — 2 spoons;
- cocoa powder — 55 grams.
Method of making the cake:
- The process of making a cake called «The Elephant’s Tears», according to the presented recipe from the photo step by step, should begin with preparing the products for a biscuit. To do this, take chicken eggs and break into a bowl. It is worth noting that chicken eggs better beat up in the event that they remove their refrigerator in advance. Beat eggs into a thick foam, and then they gradually add sugar. The mixture is whipped until the sugar granules completely disappear, and the mass itself becomes glossy and thick. Immediately after this, you can add the necessary amount of honey there and beat it again.
- Then separate dishes are taken, flour, baking powder and cocoa powder are poured into it, all these ingredients are mixed. The prepared bulk products are gradually added to the egg mass, while the dough is kneaded with a spatula so that it does not settle.
- Now we need a large pan with sides, parchment paper is placed on it for baking, and then the dough is poured. We need to get a cake that will have a rectangle shape. The dough is quite thick, so it is smoothed with a spatula across the surface of the pan.
The process of baking biscuits:
- Prepared dough is sent to the oven for fifteen minutes, and the temperature should be at least 180 degrees. As soon as the biscuit acquires a golden hue, you can remove and cool it. Biscuit does not rarely stick to baking paper to prevent this from happening, sprinkle it with sugar before removing the cake. It is enough to turn the finished cake on the table, and sprinkle the parchment with sugar. Biscuit cover with a towel and leave for twenty minutes. When the time is up, the paper is removed from the surface of the cake without careful movement, without damaging its appearance.
- As the biscuit cools slowly, in twenty minutes it will still be warm, and this is the time to give shape. To properly make the shape of the cake, you just need to wrap the finished cake around the rolling pin. In this state, the biscuit is left for a couple of hours so that it takes the desired shape. I would like to note that if it is necessary to make an “Elephant’s Tear” cake according to the presented recipe from a photo for 2 servings, then the number of ingredients is simply doubled. Two dough cakes are already baked from dough.
Method of making cream and fudge:
- While the cake is cooling, you can do the preparation of cream mass of sour cream and powdered sugar. To do this, both ingredients are folded into a bowl, and then thoroughly whipped, you need to get a thick and fluffy texture.
- It’s also time to make fudge to cover the dessert. To do this, you can put sugar with cocoa powder in the container, add starch, heavy cream and the amount of water indicated in the recipe to the products. The ingredients are mixed to a uniform consistency, and then put the mass in a water bath. Once the sugar in the glaze has dissolved, it will be ready. In the finished chocolate fudge put a little butter and mix.
- Additionally, they do the impregnation, for this, sugar is combined with water, after boiling the syrup is removed from the stove, and immediately a couple of tablespoons of brandy is poured into it. You can make this impregnation in advance and store it in the refrigerator.
Form the cake:
- Brandy impregnation is applied on the already cooled cake, and then the cream itself. It is worth putting a little more creamy mass in the very middle, so that when slicing the dessert looks like a tear or an eye.
- Bananas are peeled from the skin beforehand, their tips are cut and the fruits are laid in the center of the dessert. Now you can roll the cake, make it easier with paper. The edges are lightly pressed to get the treat to the desired shape.
- The final stage is the decoration of our dessert. Chilled icing is poured on the surface of the cake. You can decorate the delicacy with crushed nuts or grated bitter chocolate on top. The finished dessert is sent to the refrigerator for three hours, during which time the dessert will have time to get well soaked.
There are several more cooking options for this chocolate treat. If there is no sour cream at home, then it can easily be replaced with whipped cream, the cream will not get worse from this.
Biscuit or chocolate dragee can also be used as decoration.