Apple puff pastry strudel is prepared according to a wide variety of recipes; pear, walnut nuts, cinnamon powder, vanilla sugar and much more can be used as additives. But initially this dessert was prepared on a completely different basis. The dough had to be kneaded according to a special recipe, and then very thinly rolled.
In Austria, where this dessert was invented, the dough was first rolled and then stretched by hand to a very thin state.
Only from such a foundation can you make a real strudel. Yet this method is quite complicated and time-consuming, not every housewife herself can make the perfect base, so simple puff pastry comes to the rescue.
Below we describe some very simple, but very tasty cooking options for this delicacy.
Puff pastry strudel with apples and cinnamon powder
We can assume that this option of cooking dessert is considered to be a classic, since it consists of apples, crushed nuts and cinnamon powder. It is very important to follow the process of cooking this dessert to get the perfect taste and texture of this sweet dish.
- breadcrumbs — 2 spoons;
- ready dough — 2 layers;
- wheat flour of 1 grade — 2 spoons;
- chicken egg — 1 piece;
- sugar in the filling — 5 spoons;
- large apples — 3 things;
- good butter — 45 grams;
- cinnamon powder — 2 spoons;
- crushed walnuts — 1/2 cup.
Step by step preparation:
To get started is to defrost the dough for apple strudel puff pastry, according to the presented step-by-step recipe with a photo. While the dough is being defrosted, it is worth preparing the main stuffing.
To do this, we take large apples, wash them in water and clean them from the core with stones.
If the skin of the fruit is too dense, it is best to cut it off, so as not to spoil the finished treat. The fruits are cut into small cubes, and then the apples are shifted to the bowl, where cinnamon powder and granulated sugar are poured.
In this form, the fruit is left for fifteen minutes.
If there is such an opportunity, it is necessary to shift the slices of apples into the pan, where the butter was melted beforehand, after which the pieces are fried until ready. It is also worth adding sugar to this mass so that the apples are caramelized.
In a separate bowl, mix the crushed nuts and a couple of tablespoons of breadcrumbs.
Already thawed dough is rolled into a very thin layer, after which the surface is smeared with a piece of softened butter. Sprinkle a thin layer of nut filling on top, leaving one edge empty.
This is necessary in order to fix the end of the roll afterwards, so the filling will not fall out of the finished dessert when baking.
Spread apple slices on a layer of nuts, it is necessary to distribute the filling well, the more fruits there are, the more juicy and tasty the finished dessert will be. If the fruits were simply sliced, they are sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon powder on top.
Now you should take a piece of butter, cut it into small cubes, and put it on top of the filling.
Two identical rolls are rolled out of two layers of dough; the specified number of fillings is designed specifically for two layers of dough. The ends of the rolls are fixed at the top so that the juice does not pour out the juice during baking.
Prepared apple strudel from puff pastry, according to the specified recipe with a photo step by step, baked in the oven. Pre-dough smeared with chicken yolk and make small cuts on the surface of the roll.
The baking process lasts at least forty minutes, the temperature mark should be no higher than 190 degrees, but here you just need to focus on your oven. When such rolls with apple and cinnamon are ready, you should sprinkle them with powdered sugar, and only after that you can serve dessert to the table.
Classic strudel with apples, pears and cinnamon powder
- ripe juicy pears — 2 pieces;
- apples are not large — 2 pieces;
- granulated sugar into apples — 55 grams;
- cinnamon powder — 1 spoon;
- sugar for sprinkling dough — 3 spoons;
- breadcrumbs — 2 spoons;
- water — 1 spoon;
- chicken egg — 1 piece
- flour of 1 grade — 2 spoons;
- walnuts — 1/2 cup.
How to cook apple dessert:
- To start, take out the dough from the freezer, make it worth thirty minutes before the start of cooking a treat. During this time, the mass will become softer and more airy, so it will be very easy to roll it into a thin layer. In the meantime, the dough is thawed, it is worthwhile to prepare the filling for apple strudel, according to this recipe from puff pastry. Step-by-step recipe will help to easily prepare this delicacy at home.
- Apples and pears are washed in water and then cut into small pieces, it is best to remove the peel from the fruit beforehand. After that, the fruits are transferred to a bowl and sprinkled with cinnamon powder. On top of that, add a couple of spoons of flour and a few tablespoons of granulated sugar. The mass is left for fifteen minutes to the fruit isolated juice and become more juicy.
- Now you can proceed to the next stage of cooking our dessert. To do this, take walnuts, which are pre-fried and crushed. Then they pour sugar and a couple of spoons of crackers. This mass will also be used for the filling.
- You can take the already thawed dough, roll it into thin layers, and then take half from the nut filling, and pour it onto one layer, and cover the remaining half of the second part of the puff pastry. If no nuts were found at home, then you can not add them to this dessert at all, in which case you just use a mixture of granulated sugar and crackers. On this stuffing, you can lay out a layer of fruit, while it is necessary to lay out the mass at the very middle in order to properly close the treat.
- Now we begin to wrap the apple strudel puff pastry pigtail. To do this, the dough is cut along the edges into stripes, after which each strip begins to intersect with the one opposite. So we get a beautiful pigtail. The last step is to seal the edges of the dessert, simply glue the dough so that the juice does not pour out of the roll when baking.
- At the next stage, the baking sheet is covered with parchment paper, two strudels are spread onto it, then the pastry is smeared on top with a chicken egg and sprinkled with granulated sugar. In this case, there is no need to make additional cuts, as the pigtail does not tightly close the filling. Bake the dessert in the oven until fully cooked, and then served to the table with tea.
Apple, Raisin and Lemon Strudel
- granulated sugar — 195 grams;
- white bread — 105 grams;
- lemon is not large — 1 piece;
- butter — 175 grams;
- ready-made yeast puff pastry — 1 pack;
- walnuts — 55 grams;
- apples are medium in size — 6 pieces;
- raisins — 55 grams.
- Before you start cooking this dessert, it is necessary to prepare the dough, it is removed from the freezer and thawed, it is necessary that the layers become soft. An oil is also taken out of the refrigerator chamber in advance; it is left at room temperature for half an hour, during which time the product will become soft.
- To cook apple strudel from puff pastry, you need to make a filling in advance, for this we need white bread. Crusts are removed from it, and the flesh is grated. Put the butter on the pan and pour the resulting bread crumbs. Two thirds of the sugar is added to the bread and the mixture is fried until golden brown.
- Now begin to prepare the stuffing of apples, for this fruit is washed in water, and then peeled and cut into fairly thin plates, or cubes of medium size. Prepared apples shift in a bowl, and leave for a while. In the meantime, it is worth taking one lemon, squeezing the juice out of it by hand, and then, with the resulting juice, pour the apples, this will help preserve the color of the fruit. Pre-nuts are crushed with a blender into small pieces, and the raisins are soaked in boiling water for twenty minutes.
- Once the filling is prepared, you can start cooking the dessert itself. To do this, take two layers of dough, they roll out as thin as possible. To get the thinnest layer possible, you should lay one layer on baking paper, and cover the dough on top with another sheet. After that, begin the process of rolling. The finished layer is placed on a baking sheet, on its surface lay out the stuffing of sliced apples with lemon, as well as the remnants of sugar.
- On the surface of the apples is to put the raisins with nuts, all spread over the surface of the filling and add bread crumbs. A small piece of the remaining dough is lubricated with butter. Now the apple strudel is simple, according to this recipe, from puff pastry with a photo, you need to carefully wrap the roll. The ends are carefully fastened so that the filling does not flow out in the baking process.
- On the surface of the test make small slanting cuts, they should not be deep. The finished delicacy is smeared with one chicken yolk, and then you can lightly sprinkle it with sugar to get a crunchy sweet crust after baking. Baked dessert in the oven for at least thirty minutes, the temperature should be set at around 180 degrees.
- Once the sweetness is ready, you can remove the strudel from the oven, and then let it cool for a few minutes. They serve a delicacy with ice-cream balls, additionally pieces of a sweet dish are sprinkled with powdered sugar. Dessert also goes well with various sweet sauces, for example, you can make sour cream.