Tomatoes in their own juice — recipes for winter
Do you like tomatoes as I love them? It seems to me that in winter and summer I would eat them, seasoning with sour cream or butter, and squeezing tomato juice. So to say, a double dose of vitamins! And for the heart, the iron contained in them is beneficial, and the nerves will be controlled by magnesium and B vitamins, and lycopene will protect against neoplasms.
And by the way, this is a very good idea! Why not pickle them in your own juice? Natural organic acids will not only preserve these beneficial fruits practically in their original form, but also allow you to enjoy “the very summer flavor” even in the most severe cold.
The pouring itself can be made from twisted tomatoes, or you can use ready-made tomato paste. It all depends on the amount of these vegetables and the time you have.
Tomatoes in their own juice — the recipe «Yummy fingers»
Perhaps the safest way to stock can be considered the one that uses the minimum amount of additives. Nothing extra! The smaller the variety of spices, the taste will be closer to the fresh original.
We have already told regular readers about one of the delicious recipes of such a blank. And today is another option from this cycle.
I usually roll a large amount of this recipe, so the composition of the ladies on the basis of a 15 kg tomato. Of these, about 5 kg of beautiful whole fruits are best left to fill the cans, and the rest to pass through the juicer.
- Ripe tomatoes — 15 kg.
- Sugar — 3-4 tbsp. l
- Salt — 2 tbsp. l
1. Rinse the tomatoes well and dry. Then select absolutely whole, even small tomatoes, which are easily crawled into the banks completely.
Place them in a pre-sterilized glass container, trying not to press hard or compact it so that they do not burst when filled with hot marinade. Ideally, laying should be done in small jars so that you can eat them in one or two steps.
2. Large fruits cleaned from green stalks. Cut off all darkening and damage to the skin from them, and then cut into medium pieces suitable for the neck of the meat grinder.
Grind them through a fine grate to get the most thick juice without large patches of pulp.
3. Immediately send the liquid to heat over medium heat. As soon as it starts to boil, add sugar and salt.
If you wish, and depending on the taste of tomatoes, you can adjust the amount of bulk ingredients at your discretion — someone loves more sweetly, and someone a little saltier.
4. Boil until large foam disappears. Removing it is not necessary — it is enough to constantly mix. It may take about 10 minutes.
5. Pour all filled cans with boiling thick marinade over the shoulders so that all tomatoes are completely covered with liquid. Lightly cover with sterile disposable tin lids.
You can clog and «winter» plastic lids, but then the shelf life will be no more than six months.
6. Send the blanks to be sterilized in a large saucepan for 15 minutes each batch. This time is suitable for the smallest half-liter jars. If they are 650 grams, then the time should be increased by 5 minutes, and if liter, then another 5 minutes.
7. Roll up the banks and send them to cool in a wrapped up state.
After complete cooling, store in a dark, cool place.
Tomato slices in tomato juice for the winter without sterilization
What I like about this recipe is that it can be eaten both for adults and children. No acetic or citric acid, and the complete absence of spices.
You can even roll up without salt with sugar at all! Its own acid will help to preserve the tomatoes rich taste and will not allow canned food to ferment.
- Large tomatoes — 5.5 kg.
- Medium tomatoes — 3 kg.
- Salt, sugar — to taste.
1. Rinse the tomatoes of both types and let them dry. Medium sized fruits should be cleaned from a dark place where the stem was attached and cut into quarters or halves.
2. Large fruits cut into pieces and skip through a juicer to make a clean, fleshy juice without stones and skins. Immediately put it on medium heat plate.
Allow to boil and allow to sweat with periodic stirring for 10 minutes.
If you consider it necessary, you can add flavoring seasonings at the rate of 1 dessert spoon of salt and 1 tea sugar per 1 liter of juice.
3. In the meantime, marinade is boiling in our house, you can have time to prepare sliced slices. Put them in pre-sterilized jars and pour boiling water for 10 minutes. To prevent water from evaporating, cover each container with a sterile cap.
4. Since during this time the tomatoes have warmed enough, then take off the lid from each jar in turn and pour hot water into the sink through a special nozzle with holes.
5. Pour boiling juice into each container practically under the neck and roll up the lid.
On a liter jar takes about half a liter of hot marinade.
6. Wrap upside down and allow the day to infuse in this position.
Remove to storage, in winter enjoy the taste of tomatoes, as fresh.
And on the blog pages there is a recipe where aspirin is added to the preservation for reliability. You can see this method by clicking on the link.
This version of the method of preparation is very similar to the previous recipe, but is distinguished by the presence of additional ingredients that give a sweet-sharp taste. Horseradish with garlic is added to the piquancy, and sweet pepper is added to sweetness.
Since this option does not require sterilization, the tomatoes will retain all of their useful macro-and micronutrients, and will remain almost as fresh.
- Small tomatoes — 1 kg.
- Sweet pepper — 120 gr.
- Tomato juice — 1 l.
- Garlic, horseradish — 50 gr.
- Sugar — 2 tbsp. l
- Salt — 1.5 Art. l
1. Wash small fruits and let them dry. Then, so that they are better soaked in the marinade and do not burst, pin with a toothpick or fork in the base.
2. Put the prepared fruits into sterile jars and pour boiling water for 10 minutes.
3. At this time, clean the Bulgarian sweet pepper from the stem and seed box. Horseradish and garlic peel off. Grind the peeled ingredients using a meat grinder.
4. Tomato juice is best prepared by yourself, as was prepared in the previous recipe. But you can use one that is sold in tetrapacks for baby food.
Pour it into the pan and put on heat over low heat. You can immediately add the crushed ingredients and add sugar and salt. Boil for 5-7 minutes.
5. Drain hot water from the jar and immediately pour boiling marinade. Seal with winter polyethylene or any convenient iron lids.
6. Cool in the wrapped up state, and then carry to storage in the pantry or cellar.
In winter, open and eat with pleasure!
There are situations when either tomatoes are not at hand in sufficient quantity, or time is just enough. Then tomato paste will come to the rescue. Usually it is quite thick and for convenience it is diluted with boiled warm water. It turns out a full tomato juice.
If you want to get tomatoes in the winter almost fresh, you can not pre-fill them with boiling water. It will be enough boiling marinade.
- Medium size tomatoes — 2.5 kg.
- Tomato paste — 250 gr.
- Boiled water — 0.8 l.
- Sugar — 1/3 cup.
- Salt — 30 gr.
1. In order for our stock not to “jerk”, it is necessary to sterilize the container together with the lids.
2. Rinse the tomatoes, dry them and lightly pin in the place of attachment of the stem.
3. Lay them tightly in jars, trying not to crush, but not leaving too much empty space.
4. Pour warm boiled water into a saucepan, add tomato paste and shake well the resulting mixture to obtain a uniform consistency.
Pour the remaining ingredients and with occasional stirring boil for 5 minutes.
5. Pour the resulting saturated boiling marinade all cooked jars with the contents and roll up quickly.
Wrap up A day later, you can already pull the workpiece out of the «warm coat» and carry it to the storage location.
It is desirable that it be away from the heating devices.
Marinated tomatoes in their own juice without vinegar
Vinegar is usually used in canning, which essentially kills all microorganisms and gives the finished dish a little sourness. However, tomatoes are so versatile that the oxalic natural acid contained in them can keep the billet no worse than acetic essence.
Another little secret of successful marinating is about the same ripeness and size of all fruits. This will allow the finished dish to be evenly saturated with flavors and the tomatoes will be of the same degree of elasticity.
- Tomatoes of medium or small size — 1.8 kg.
- Juice tomatoes — 1.5 kg.
- Garlic clove — 5 pcs.
- Black pepper — 5 peas.
- Bulgarian pepper — 2 pcs.
- Dill and parsley — 1 bunch.
- Sugar — 2 tbsp. l
- Salt — 1 tbsp. l
1. Rinse the tomatoes for canning in running water, let them drip off excess moisture and prick from the side of the stem.
2. Rinse all greens and remaining vegetables and prepare for canning. Remove the seed boxes from the pepper and cut it in the form of strips of two-centimeter width.
Dill with parsley leave only with soft stalks. Peel garlic cloves and cut in half.
3. Tomatoes for juice cut into pieces and grind with a meat grinder, or skip them through a juicer. Add salt with sugar, along with black peppercorns.
Send to the stove to boil. Simmer for at least 10 minutes, stirring occasionally so that there is no strong froth.
4. At this time, alternating in a sterile container, lay small tomatoes with pepper, herbs and garlic halves.
Pour boiling water over them and, with the covers covered, wrap in clean, ironed towels to create a “bath” effect for 15 minutes.
5. Remove the towels, drain the hot liquid and immediately pour in the hot juice. Send sterilized for 15 minutes.
6. Seal and muffle for a day until cool. Store in any cool dark place.
After cooking, eat and enjoy the taste at any time!
Video on how to cook tomatoes in their own juice without skin and marinade
This recipe is good because it can be used to prepare tomato blanks for cooking. Here the content is not obtained in the form of whole fruits, or slices, but in the form of pieces of arbitrary shape.
Also, we do not specifically prepare juice for pouring here. This means that a significant time saving is obtained.
And the main advantage is that tomatoes have no skin. It is cleared by preparation. It turns out very conveniently, I prepared these jars more, in the winter you open it and cook any dish with tomatoes, and then keep it left in the fridge until the next cooking.
The taste of these tomatoes is obtained, as if just cut the fruit and put them in jars. Very tasty, and you can eat just spoons!
By the way, the skin can be removed in other variants proposed today. The time it takes is longer, but the preparation itself becomes even tastier.
What are such good tomatoes in their own juice? Not only that in all the proposed options will preserve the natural aroma and taste of fresh whole fruits, so you can eat absolutely all the contents.
Juice is suitable just for drinking, as a cold sauce, as well as as one of the ingredients for the subsequent preparation of hot sauces and dressings, for example, for borsch or stewed potatoes.
And about the possibility of using tomato juice from the winter harvesting for marinating meat before baking and say nothing! Enough to add some favorite spices and fragrant chicken will be a great decoration for any festive or ordinary family dinner.
Bon appetit and tomato delight all year round!