Folk recipes of tomato paste: vitamin preparations for the winter
Any home-made tomato paste will be much better purchased for several reasons:
- the naturalness of the products used;
- confidence in taste, their correction according to their own preferences;
- high final quality.
If you follow some recipes, pasta can be used as a sauce.
Tomatoes must be firm, fleshy and elastic.
The ideal is a grade of «cream».
- They are washed, and their damaged parts are removed with an ordinary knife.
- Then the tomatoes are cut in half, folded into an enamel bowl, and on top covered with chopped onions.
- Water is added in the amount of 125-150 g.
- The billet is covered with a lid, brought to a boil, after which the fire on the stove must be reduced to allow the contents to simmer for 10-15 minutes. Readiness to check is very easy — tomatoes make juice and become very soft.
- The mass is frayed after cooling through a sieve.
- On a small fire, boil down for a while, until its volume is 5 times smaller than the original. In order not to burn pasta, it is important to stir.
- Salt (to taste) and sugar are added at the very end. It is important to adjust the taste, constantly tasting pasta. As soon as it is brought to the required taste, it is necessary to add vinegar, mix well, and then pour into sterilized jars, which are immediately rolled up with lids.
After that, they turn upside down, and until completely cooled they hide under a warm blanket, and then go to the cellar or the storeroom.
Pasta prepared according to this recipe can be opened at any time as needed.
Video recording of cooking traditional tomato for the winter:
With the advent of multicookers, any dish can be cooked with minimal time and effort, since this device is a hybrid of a double boiler, bread machine, pressure cooker and a conventional pan.
No exception is tomato paste, which the housewives at home prescription prepared for long-term storage.
The following ingredients are required for production:
- tomatoes — 1.5-2 kg;
- vegetable oil — 2 tablespoons;
- salt — 1 tablespoon;
- 70 percent vinegar — 2 teaspoons;
- sugar — a tablespoon.
Tomatoes are washed and peeled.
Removed all flaws.
Then they should be rubbed using an ordinary grater, or scrolled in a blender.
Bones can not be removed — this is a matter of taste.
Using watery tomatoes, you can avoid adding water.
Sugar is poured into the prepared mass, and then salt, after which it must be thoroughly mixed.
After you need to pour into the workpiece vinegar and oil.
If you wish, you can add some spices, for example, ground pepper.
The future paste is thoroughly mixed again.
The mixture is placed in a multicooker, which is switched on for 1 hour in the “quenching” mode.
After 1 hour, the workpiece can be rolled into jars.
This is done in the same way as when cooking according to the classic recipe.
Far from each housewife.
However, in the oven you can cook at least a tasty option, so even with the use of spices.
For this we need:
- tomatoes — about 4 kg;
- salt — about 4 tablespoons;
- ground black pepper — a teaspoon;
- ground coriander — a teaspoon;
- cinnamon — a teaspoon;
- Clove blossoms — about 10 pieces;
- greens — to taste bunches of celery, dill, basil and parsley.
Tomatoes are washed and spoiled places are removed.
They must be placed in a large sieve, set above a pan of appropriate size with boiling water.
The mixture is boiled for 10 minutes.
It is advisable to divide the tomatoes into several batches so that they boil better over the steam.
The softened tomatoes are wiped through a sieve, and the mixture mixed with salt is poured into a pan with high sides, and is sent to an oven preheated to 200 degrees.
While the tomato is stewed on the fire, you can make pear pie for tea, which has a delicate texture due to the compound ingredients. Recipe for a fragrant cake with pears in a slow cooker.
Returning to the blanks for the winter, I want to offer you a few more recipes for salads from cabbage. Enrich your winter diet with vitamins!
And on our site there are various options for cooking lecho from Bulgarian pepper. All the details here.
The paste will be prepared for about 2 hours, and all this time it needs to be stirred periodically, paying attention to the density.
Spices are added after the desired consistency has been achieved.
At the same time, herbs, previously bound in a bouquet, are sent to the mass.
The mixture is prepared for another 30 minutes, after which the greens, which have given up their beneficial properties and taste, are removed.
The billet is poured into sterilized cans that roll up.
They are covered with blankets, and turned upside down.
They are stored until complete cooling (preferably during the day).
So you have become familiar with the popular methods of cooking, and now take a little time and look at the universal recipe «5 in one»:
Secrets of cooking and storage of homemade pasta from tomatoes
If you follow the following rules of cooking, pasta will get much tastier than the purchase option:
- if you use watery tomatoes, you can not add water;
- all spices are sent to the mass only after boiling;
- all greens before adding need to be bundled in a bundle (this will facilitate its removal from the almost finished billet);
- so that the mixture does not stick while cooking, it is important to stir it;
- salt is always added depending on personal taste preferences.
The main condition is absolute tightness.
Otherwise, trapped air will cause the lid to swell up and the winter harvesting will become unusable.
Some more tips in the video story below: